Spawning on cats - can't remove chocks

Flasher

bring up your hold bar (Hornet)/ nose gear launch mode (whatever its called for the tomcat lol) request to remove chocks.... they get removed and then just drop your hold bar/nose (tomcat) and get ready for the ride. 

i know its a pain in the butt with the extra steps and all but its the only way i have found that works.

Red23

VMFA-230 (AW) Thieves and Beggars

Wolf Pack discord

37 minutes ago, draconus said:

Great news :thumbup:

I think OP meant to say "has not been corrected yet".
Have seen the bug in action on MP server just last week with current OB

36 minutes ago, red23 said:

bring up your hold bar (Hornet)/ nose gear launch mode (whatever its called for the tomcat lol) request to remove chocks.... they get removed and then just drop your hold bar/nose (tomcat) and get ready for the ride. 

i know its a pain in the butt with the extra steps and all but its the only way i have found that works.

Red23

VMFA-230 (AW) Thieves and Beggars

Wolf Pack discord

This does work on the Stennis/Forrestal but not on SC module carriers (Roosevelt, Washington...)

Once hotspawned on cat with Hornet you can't raise launch bar and ground crew does not remove the wheel chocks.
Only workaround with SC module is to switch back to spectators and reslot.

[edit]

Tacview from 6 days ago
Gave those two pilots politely the advice to reslot, explained the wheel chock bug and got called "stupid" (twice) 😅

Edited by boerdi

4 hours ago, red23 said:

i have had it work. ill try to get you a video

Tested it just now in multiplayer on a SC module carrier (Roosevelt)
The catspawned Hornet wheel chock bug is definitely still present 🫤
OB 2.8.6.41066 (MT)

Launch bar will not detach and ground crew can't remove the chocks ("unable to comply")

Here is the track file (if it is of any help for the bug hunt)
First spawn is a cold start followed by an ejection after launch to be able to respawn directly on catapult

Georgia_At_War_P2_v1.0.2_afternoon-20230612-171759.trk

Edited by boerdi

SO after a crap load of failed attempts both hot and cold start hornets i couldnt get the bird to spawn with the chocks in. i will have to say that spawning on the cats hot or cold here lately (on the map i have been flying on) hasnt happened so i was unable to show how this works. i have the .miz file ill look at some how the aircraft are spawned in and if the cats are being used as as spawn point. a simple fix for this might be for the mission editor to have the aircraft spawn a diff way on the deck. 

• 1 month later...

Had this happen to me and friends many times in MP. Sadly after 2+ years, the issue still remains.

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR

• 1 month later...

For people wondering about this: it's primarily a player respawning after crash/death. The plane respawns on a catapult, engine on and crew giving runup signal. Chocks on. 

It also raises the JBD, and seems to not account for another player moving over the JBD or close to beginning their own launch.

• Like 1

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Any News here ? Happens again and again (MP only on my side), quite a gamekiller for many players spawning on Deck...

Edited by Jel

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.