Switching to WSO seat?

H60MTI

I see I can change seats with the #2 on the keyboard. Can that only happen on the ground or can I do it in the air also with say A/P engaged? I'm smashing the heck out of the 2 and nothing is happening. I jisy want to turn on the targeting pod!

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

Yes, it should work in the air and on the ground.

Check your keybinds under F-15E and F-15E WSO and make sure that the "1" and "2" keys are set to the appropriate command ("Switch to pilot seat" or thereabouts).

Edited by Yurgon

That was the first thing I did was check the bindings. I can confirm there are as you stated. Am I missing something? Do I need to activate a rear seater or something?

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

8 minutes ago, H60MTI said:

Do I need to activate a rear seater or something?

Ah, possibly yes (and no).

In the Mission Editor there are two options "Solo Flight" and "Disable Multicrew" - maybe you're running a mission that has one of these set?

In INSTANT ACTION -> F-15E -> Caucasus -> Free Flight (Day) I can switch between both seats just fine.

Edited by Yurgon

Okay...I'll try that. This was on a traing mission. Just got the Eagle yesterday. Might be disabled from Razbam for training. I'll try some free flight and see what happens!

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

In the training mission with the MPD and MCPD it´s a solo flight! So you can´t change! 🖖

The others I have not yet looked at

Edited by Trancers

🖥️ i9-11900KF 3.5-5.3GHz, 32GB DDR4 3000, RTX 3080ti 12GB, M.2 Gen4 :joystick: Warthog HOTAS & TPR :matrix: TrackIR ✈️F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, AH-64D, A-10C II, F-15E, F-4E Phantom II  🚢 Supercarrier 🗺️Syria-Persian Gulf-Nevada-South Atlantic-Sinai-Kola 

🏡🛬 EDDH 🍿 Proud Dad of Twins 🍿

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back up as I am having the same issue. Cold/dark start from a scratch mission.

Here's where I'm confused...

In the keybinds for F-15E_WSO, I have "Occupy Pilot Seat" and "Occupy WSO Seat", set to 1 and 2 respectively.

In my keybinds for F-15E, however, these two keybinds are missing. Nothing even related to WSO when I search all fields.

I've confirmed the solo flight and disable multicrew boxes are unchecked in the mission editor.

Any clues here?

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz | Asus Z390-A | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | Oculus Rift + Touch | TM HOTAS Warthog

2 hours ago, fullcoupe said:

Bringing this thread back up as I am having the same issue. Cold/dark start from a scratch mission.

Here's where I'm confused...

In the keybinds for F-15E_WSO, I have "Occupy Pilot Seat" and "Occupy WSO Seat", set to 1 and 2 respectively.

In my keybinds for F-15E, however, these two keybinds are missing. Nothing even related to WSO when I search all fields.

I've confirmed the solo flight and disable multicrew boxes are unchecked in the mission editor.

Any clues here?

No any issue for me. Use your own mission, created by you. Some of missions, especially trainings, have a locked second position. Keys 2 & 1 (as buttons as well) works perfect for me to change a position.

12 minutes ago, Noodleholz said:

I don't know if it's implemented, but during your start procedure turn on the O² for co-pilot too. Maybe he is dead and that's the reason you can't switch.

Btw. O2 its a only feature, it has absolutely no effect on the hypoxie or other pilot effects. DCS doesnt simulate it, pity.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Btw. O2 its a only feature, it has absolutely no effect on the hypoxie or other pilot effects. DCS doesnt simulate it, pity.

It is an effect in a couple modules, the F-14 IIRC and maybe the JF-17?  Haven't heard anyone explicitly mention it one way or the other in the mudhen

Edited by jaylw314

16 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

It is an effect in a couple modules, the F-14 IIRC and maybe the JF-17?  

It would be nice, but officially nothing like that is happening, it should be forced for every module by DCS engine always. I can fly the Mustang at 30k without a mask and everything is fine 😅.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

43 minutes ago, Noodleholz said:

My pilot died in the Jeff without Oxy, enabled AP at high altitude on Marianas while I've been afk.

Nice! 🙂

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

11 hours ago, YoYo said:

No any issue for me. Use your own mission, created by you. Some of missions, especially trainings, have a locked second position. Keys 2 & 1 (as buttons as well) works perfect for me to change a position.

Figured this out. I had an old "flyable F-15E" mod that was using the FC3 F-15C key bindings. I removed the mod, the list of key bindings got much longer, as expected. Doh! 

I can now jump into the back seat no problem. 

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz | Asus Z390-A | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | Oculus Rift + Touch | TM HOTAS Warthog

15 hours ago, fullcoupe said:

Figured this out. I had an old "flyable F-15E" mod that was using the FC3 F-15C key bindings. I removed the mod, the list of key bindings got much longer, as expected. Doh! 

I can now jump into the back seat no problem. 

Good news. Sometimes I jump to the back with Autopilot ON, only because the view from rear side is very nice 🙂 .

Btw. I checked Hypoxia in the model but it isnt present, I added it as the wish:

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif