Cycle Radar Modes does not work

cfrag

I have tried to assign buttons to "AN/APG-70 EMERG/ON/STBY/OFF" and "AN/APG-70 OFF/STBY/ON/EMERG", but pressing these buttons will not advance the dial in the sim in either direction.

Assigning buttons to the individual settings (e.g. "AN/APG-70 STBY") works, the dial is moved to that setting in the sim

What am I doing wrong?

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi.

It appears that keybinds for these two very important actions do not work.

Located at Left Console, Sensors Panel.

Actions:

AN/APG-70 Radar: EMERG/ON/STBY/OFF

AN/APG-70 Radar: OFF/STBY/ON/EMERG

Assigning keybinds for these two actions have no effect in the game.

Also, if you listen close enough, when you press the assigned keys, you can hear the sound of the radar switch changing position, but the switch does not actually change position.

DCS World version: 2.9.1.48335

Date: 01.12.2023

PS

In the current F-15E version there is no individual actions "AN/APG-70 ON", "AN/APG-70 OFF" listed in the CONTROLS options for F15E, which means that the only way to turn on the radar is by the use of the mouse.

Edited by FierceLV

On 12/1/2023 at 7:09 AM, FierceLV said:

In the current F-15E version there is no individual actions "AN/APG-70 ON", "AN/APG-70 OFF" listed in the CONTROLS options for F15E, which means that the only way to turn on the radar is by the use of the mouse.

Any chance of using AN/APG-70 Radar: ON and AN/APG-70 Radar: STBY functions be useful? I've been using both to swtich radar on and to standby (it won't emit radiation) inflight when needed since EA release without issues, including latest patch.

Edited by Czar66

On 12/8/2023 at 7:28 PM, Czar66 said:

Any chance of using AN/APG-70 Radar: ON and AN/APG-70 Radar: STBY functions be useful? I've been using both to swtich radar on and to standby (it won't emit radiation) inflight when needed since EA release without issues, including latest patch.

There is no such actions in the action list.

F-15E Radar Actions.png

20 hours ago, FierceLV said:

Is RAZBAM reading this? 🙂

Joystick Switch Abstractions.png

Very strange.
The module is installed since early access release on my system, so it is not a new addition and I've set the bindings to both functions since day 1.

ja.png

Edited by Czar66
further explanation of when these functions were available on my end.

On 12/13/2023 at 9:36 PM, FierceLV said:

Is RAZBAM reading this?

If you don't have the binds on the list:

• remove mods if any are in use
  • try to repair DCS
  • try to back up and remove \saved games\config\input\F-15E folder

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

16 hours ago, Czar66 said:

The module is installed since early access release on my system, so it is not a new addition and I've set the bindings to both functions since day 1.

1 hour ago, draconus said:

If you don't have the binds on the list:

• remove mods if any are in use
  • try to repair DCS
  • try to back up and remove \saved games\config\input\F-15E folder

The binds are "Joystick Abstractions" and only appear when a joystick is plugged in. They can't be bound to the keyboard by default.

Hence why @FierceLV is asking for the keyboard assignments to be fixed to work as intended.

JoystickSwitchAbstractions_20231215095757_1.jpg

On 12/13/2023 at 7:42 PM, FierceLV said:

There is no such actions in the action list.

You would need to modify the default keyboard file to add them i.e. copy the relevant "AN/APG-70 Radar" section(s) from

• DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-15E\Input\F-15E\joystick\default.lua

to

• DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-15E\Input\F-15E\keyboard\default.lua

Your install looks correct.

Tested in DCS World Open Beta 2.9.1.48335

• Thanks 2

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 12/15/2023 at 12:51 PM, Ramsay said:

You would need to modify the default keyboard file to add them i.e. copy the relevant "AN/APG-70 Radar" section(s) from

• DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-15E\Input\F-15E\joystick\default.lua

to

• DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-15E\Input\F-15E\keyboard\default.lua

Thank you, your information helped a lot.

Now to the issue...

It turns out that people who play only using the keyboard (hardcore, right?) do not need to wait for RAZBAM to "fix" this, as there is a way around the whole cycle radar switch problem, and it goes like this:

1. Go to the "Disk_X:\Folder_X\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-15E\Input\F-15E\keyboard" folder.

2. Locate and open the "default.lua" with an text editor.

3. Find the "Sensors Panel" section.

4. Replace these lines:

{down = snsrctrl_commands.rdr_kb,                                                cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_APG70,    value_down = -0.33,                    name = _('AN/APG-70 Radar: EMERG/ON/STBY/OFF'),        category = {_('Left Console'), _('Sensors Panel')}},   

{down = snsrctrl_commands.rdr_kb,                                                cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_APG70,    value_down =  0.33,                    name = _('AN/APG-70 Radar: OFF/STBY/ON/EMERG'),        category = {_('Left Console'), _('Sensors Panel')}},

With these lines:

{down = snsrctrl_commands.rdr_power_sw,                                            cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_APG70,    value_down =  0.99,                    name = _('AN/APG-70 Radar: EMERG'),                    category = {_('Left Console'), _('Sensors Panel')}},        
        {down = snsrctrl_commands.rdr_kb,                                                cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_APG70,    value_down = -0.33,                    name = _('AN/APG-70 Radar: EMERG/ON/STBY/OFF'),        category = {_('Left Console'), _('Sensors Panel')}},        
        {down = snsrctrl_commands.rdr_power_sw,                                            cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_APG70,    value_down =  0.0,                    name = _('AN/APG-70 Radar: OFF'),                    category = {_('Left Console'), _('Sensors Panel')}},
        {down = snsrctrl_commands.rdr_kb,                                                cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_APG70,    value_down =  0.33,                    name = _('AN/APG-70 Radar: OFF/STBY/ON/EMERG'),        category = {_('Left Console'), _('Sensors Panel')}},
        {down = snsrctrl_commands.rdr_power_sw,                                            cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_APG70,    value_down =  0.66,                    name = _('AN/APG-70 Radar: ON'),                    category = {_('Left Console'), _('Sensors Panel')}},
        {down = snsrctrl_commands.rdr_power_sw,                                            cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_APG70,    value_down =  0.33,                    name = _('AN/APG-70 Radar: STBY'),                    category = {_('Left Console'), _('Sensors Panel')}},

5. Do some formatting to align the lines so that columns are even (use TAB key) (optional). Save the file and close it.

6. Launch the DCS World and go to OPTIONS -> CONTROLS -> F-15E.

7. Bind the "AN/APG-70 Radar: ON" and the "AN/APG-70 Radar: STBY" actions to your liking.

Might want to set that up using OVGME so you can quickly reinstall the change after each update. It may take RAZBAM a few updates to add those lines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

It’s a mod manager. Run a search in the forums, should turn up a link.

It’s perfect for this sort of thing. I use it for adjusting the brake effect settings on the Spitfire and Mosquito after each update. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog