DCS Tips and hints - Community suggestions

BIGNEWY

Keybind hint:

There is a "general" entry in settings\controls where you can save general keybinds like views and others for all of your input devices.

To get those to work with a new module/aircraft you want to load those general bindings into the controls of your new aircraft before you start binding the rest of the keys.

Modifiers need to be added for each module, even if you got them saved in "general".

(This also helps Pro's after buying a new HOTAS with setting up each of the dozens of aircraft.)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Love the sim.  So much so I am buying WinWing stuff.  

When using the training modules, it would be nice to be able to go through the spoken words faster the second or third time, so you can get to the meat of the tutorial.  I usually have to do the training modules several times or more and it's a drag to listen to the dialogue over and over just to get to the 1 minute component which is the meat of that tutorial.

I set up a 'mission' which starts my F16 2 miles out of an air strip at 2000 feet, 250 knots, lined up with runway to practice the hard part of landing, the actual landing.  This was very helpful. Having to go through the training module to approach and line up is obviously necessary but the final approach is where you get killed.  This was very helpful for me.

Mike

1 hour ago, Aronis said:

When using the training modules, it would be nice to be able to go through the spoken words faster the second or third time, so you can get to the meat of the tutorial.  I usually have to do the training modules several times or more and it's a drag to listen to the dialogue over and over just to get to the 1 minute component which is the meat of that tutorial.

Missions designed in modern times actually allow this. Older modules typically don't. Hornet has both old and new types of training missions and the difference is stark. I hope older missions get overhauled someday.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 2:07 PM, Aronis said:

I usually have to do the training modules several times or more and it's a drag to listen to the dialogue over and over just to get to the 1 minute component which is the meat of that tutorial.

If the training parts are keybind triggered then pressing these keys will get you fast forward (ex. "Press Space Bar to continue", "Press G to extend landing gear now"). If it's just timed messages one after another you can fast forward the time with Lctrl+Z (a few times) and back to normal time with LShift+Z.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria