Sedlo

Inherent Resolve Updated to Version 1.101 July 4, 2023

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331710/

Version 1.101 Changelog

- Added ability to load "Start from Push" mission from Radio Menu / F10
- Adjusted Some Triggers 
- Added additional voice-overs
- Updated Read_Me

Yes, now you can load the COLD START and then load the START FROM PUSH version while in game via the Radio Menu / F10 option.  This option is available to you from when you load into the jet until after the first refueling.  #convenience

I have also tweaked some of the triggers in game, and added additional voice-overs.

I hope you like it!

START FROM PUSH copy.jpg

Edited by Sedlo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

INHERENT RESOLVE Updated to version 1.13 (July 5, 2023)

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331710/

• Added voice overs from Eyeball giving player
Spoiler

clearance for lower altitude

• Added additional voice overs
  • Adjusted Logic for wingman
  • Changed file naming/directory for clarity
  • Fixed spelling mistakes in voice over text
  • Adjusted statics and activity on the ramp at King Hussein Airbase
  • Adjusted Logic for wingman

<NOTE: Currently wingman can only use cannon against ground targets.  RAZBAM is aware, hopefully a fix is forthcoming>

UPDATE 1_13.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Finished the mission yesterday. Great experience, and taught me a lot about the module! 👍

My approach is "learning by doing" rather than memorizing manuals, so in this mission whenever I came across something I didn't know yet, I looked it up and went back to the mission.

One thing I was unclear about, which I will put in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

While RTB'ing to King Hussein AB, among the "random radio chatter" I believe I heard someone calling on Guard. Unfortunately it was very hard to make out, and there was no "box" in the upper right corner like for the "mission critical" radio traffic. I didn't really understand the message.

Now I have this nagging feeling that I may have missed something, some hidden feature or Easter Egg. 

If this was a "thing", could you give us an option to repeat the message somehow? If the intent is to keep this vague, an F10 option to ask the WSO something like "did you hear that?!", and then he would repeat the radio call which could then be accessible as a message?

In one of your videos you were pretty adamant the player enable "guard monitoring". 😉 

If I'm imagining things, please disregard. 🙂 

Do you have plans to flesh this out into a campaign or mini-campaign? IMO you certainly should think about releasing a payware 3rd-party campaign. The quality and attention to detail is absolutely there!

• Like 1

Hey @Jayhawk1971!  No, what you heard there was just background stuff, not meant for you specifically.  

If there is a transmission on guard that is meant for you, you will know! 😉

(currently, even if you set your radios to monitor Guard, it doesn't actually monitor it.  RAZBAM is aware, and hopefully a fix will come soon.  In the meantime, the GUARD transmissions are just set as a SOUND TO ALL in the mission editor)

Right now, I've built a functionality in terms of coordinates and 9-Lines given over the radio... After a coordinate or 9-Line is given, you can go into radio menu, F10 to show that message again.  Acts as a kneeboard scratch pad, of sorts.

You can also press escape and go message history, and will show a text of any relevant radio tx or message.

Thanks for flying OIR!

And no, that wasn't an easter egg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Sedlo:

ight now, I've built a functionality in terms of coordinates and 9-Lines given over the radio... After a coordinate or 9-Line is given, you can go into radio menu, F10 to show that message again.  Acts as a kneeboard scratch pad, of sorts.

Yep, I've found that to be quite helpful, because my butterfingers are too slow to enter coordinates in real-time. 😂 Easting always get's me! 🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

Yep, I've found that to be quite helpful, because my butterfingers are too slow to enter coordinates in real-time. 😂 Easting always get's me! 🙂 

Seems to be an Air Force thing... The Hornet doesn't require that "0"... I guess because Marines fly it?  🙂

<ducking for cover before one of them knocks my teeth down my throat>

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

Is possible to fly it in a dedicated server with a human wingman??

No.  The triggers and scripts will not work on dedicated server or with a human wingman. 

it is designed for single/player or Multicrew only.  The Mission Editor tools that make this an immersive experience just will not work multiplayer, except for locally hosted Multicrew.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

It is really a pity, the MP experience with a wingman is another level.

It's different, I'll give you that... 

A single player mission is, when it comes down to it, a story.   The storyline is influenced to a large extent by the mission maker, and they can create scenarios, voice overs and mission events that tell that narrative with incredible levels of detail.  

Here are just a couple of things DCS players need to know about making missions like these:

My goal is to reproduce, the best that I can, an experience that will authentically recreate an actual fighter mission.  I want that level of detail to be a precise as I can possibly make it.

For example, I want the player to have to tune their radio in order to contact the next agency.  That radio has to be on the correct frequency in order for that interaction to take place - In a single-player environment, and somewhat with a multi-crew aircraft, I can detect the player is on the correct frequency by checking cockpit parameters.  The simulator listens to the environment and waits for that radio to be set to the proper frequency. Once this condition is met, I can fire the trigger which initiates the dialogue.

But what's the point, if you can use "sound to all"?  Well, I want make the player use the radio correctly in order for that to be heard.  I want to because that's the way it is done in real life, and I'm trying to recreate that as best I can.  This cannot be done in multi-player.

I use cockpit arguments to tell when a player has moved a switch or pressed a button, which fires the next trigger.  This cockpit argument detection is not available in multi-player, either.  Can't be done.

Another, often overlooked aspect is... A well made mission requires a LOT of time to check... You need to run each part of it many, many times, in order to check to make sure what you want to happen, happens.  Say you spend a bunch of time checking an event... But now check it if your wingman is damaged.  What happens if the enemy fired at max range instead of min?  What happens if one unit is killed but not another? 

This mission took about 6 months from start to finish.  6 months!  The actual plot and basic design happened very quickly.  The hard part was making sure it all worked together.  I can test by myself when I have time, at weird hours of the day.  To test something like this for multi-player, and to have it done to the standards I set myself, would require that I could, at a moments notice, have someone else available to test with, for an undetermined amount of time (sometimes the whole day, sometimes all night, holidays, whatever).  It's just not possible.

Anyway.... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I spend a lot of time crafting these missions to make them something special and unique.  The result of this work is, in my opinion, one of the most realistic experiences out there in DCS, and that is reflected in the feedback I'm getting on the forums, user files and countless DMs and emails.  "Best experience in DCS I've ever had" type of comments.  It may sound like I'm tooting my own horn, and well... yes, I am.  I'm really proud of this mission, and others I've created.

I also have a lot of people saying they want to have fly this mission that they enjoyed so much, in multi-player.  It just is not possible.  Not with this one, or most of the other missions that I make.  What makes my missions enjoyable for many, in my opinion, is the level of detail that I put into them.  And I just cannot deliver that kind of detail in a multi-player environment.  It's just not possible.

There are a lot of mission makers out there that produce extremally enjoyable multi-player content.  PVP, COOP, or whatever you're into, there are many awesome options out there to enjoy.  I enjoy many of them, and find the multi-player experience fun, and exciting.

But, as you can see from the reasons above, and more that I haven't gotten into,  I can't make the missions I want to make in a multi-player environment. 

Anyway, I guess the point I would like to make is... enjoy this one!  It works amazingly well in single-player, and can work in multi-crew, with caveats.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

INHERENT RESOLVE Updated to version 1.14 (July 7, 2023)

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3331710/

• <SPOILER>
  • Wingman logic updated
  • More voice overs
  • More activity on base
  • adjusted some in-game text
  • changed 1st <SPOILER>

And no, it is not possible to play this with friends, with the exception of single jet multicrew.

OIR 114.jpg

(and locally hosted only, no dedicated server)

Edited by Sedlo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/7/2023 at 3:18 PM, Sedlo said:

It's different, I'll give you that... 

A single player mission is, when it comes down to it, a story.   The storyline is influenced to a large extent by the mission maker, and they can create scenarios, voice overs and mission events that tell that narrative with incredible levels of detail.  

Here are just a couple of things DCS players need to know about making missions like these:

My goal is to reproduce, the best that I can, an experience that will authentically recreate an actual fighter mission.  I want that level of detail to be a precise as I can possibly make it.

For example, I want the player to have to tune their radio in order to contact the next agency.  That radio has to be on the correct frequency in order for that interaction to take place - In a single-player environment, and somewhat with a multi-crew aircraft, I can detect the player is on the correct frequency by checking cockpit parameters.  The simulator listens to the environment and waits for that radio to be set to the proper frequency. Once this condition is met, I can fire the trigger which initiates the dialogue.

But what's the point, if you can use "sound to all"?  Well, I want make the player use the radio correctly in order for that to be heard.  I want to because that's the way it is done in real life, and I'm trying to recreate that as best I can.  This cannot be done in multi-player.

I use cockpit arguments to tell when a player has moved a switch or pressed a button, which fires the next trigger.  This cockpit argument detection is not available in multi-player, either.  Can't be done.

Another, often overlooked aspect is... A well made mission requires a LOT of time to check... You need to run each part of it many, many times, in order to check to make sure what you want to happen, happens.  Say you spend a bunch of time checking an event... But now check it if your wingman is damaged.  What happens if the enemy fired at max range instead of min?  What happens if one unit is killed but not another? 

This mission took about 6 months from start to finish.  6 months!  The actual plot and basic design happened very quickly.  The hard part was making sure it all worked together.  I can test by myself when I have time, at weird hours of the day.  To test something like this for multi-player, and to have it done to the standards I set myself, would require that I could, at a moments notice, have someone else available to test with, for an undetermined amount of time (sometimes the whole day, sometimes all night, holidays, whatever).  It's just not possible.

Anyway.... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I spend a lot of time crafting these missions to make them something special and unique.  The result of this work is, in my opinion, one of the most realistic experiences out there in DCS, and that is reflected in the feedback I'm getting on the forums, user files and countless DMs and emails.  "Best experience in DCS I've ever had" type of comments.  It may sound like I'm tooting my own horn, and well... yes, I am.  I'm really proud of this mission, and others I've created.

I also have a lot of people saying they want to have fly this mission that they enjoyed so much, in multi-player.  It just is not possible.  Not with this one, or most of the other missions that I make.  What makes my missions enjoyable for many, in my opinion, is the level of detail that I put into them.  And I just cannot deliver that kind of detail in a multi-player environment.  It's just not possible.

There are a lot of mission makers out there that produce extremally enjoyable multi-player content.  PVP, COOP, or whatever you're into, there are many awesome options out there to enjoy.  I enjoy many of them, and find the multi-player experience fun, and exciting.

But, as you can see from the reasons above, and more that I haven't gotten into,  I can't make the missions I want to make in a multi-player environment. 

Anyway, I guess the point I would like to make is... enjoy this one!  It works amazingly well in single-player, and can work in multi-crew, with caveats.  

Thanks a lot, it is a gift.

• Like 1

2023/7/2 PM9点34分,lt_d4n说:

Someone is having problems with the guidance of the gbu? The first one to be launched on the building, usually goes to another unselected point, it seems not to be guided by the laser. My procedure is to select the coordinates as Target point, send the tgp there, select area track and designate... Even so, the bomb sometimes falls where it wants

Same for me! I do not know why this is happening.

I'm afraid I don't know what's going on with your situation.  I have had no issues dropping LGBs at all.  I think it's either technique or perhaps something isn't bound exactly right in your setup... Or... There is a problem with the early access version.  I haven't encountered it, but it doesn't mean it isn't there. 

Best suggestion is check out the bug forum and see if you can find some help there. 

I entered the coordinate and used TPD to find the target. Then TDC depress to designate. Next, I used GBU10 for the AUTO model to attack the target with laser on. 

But the GBU10 did not seem to be guided by the laser, and it went to another point that was not designated.

Edited by Kiseki_Yu

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Kiseki_Yu:

I entered the coordinate and used TPD to find the target. Then TDC depress to designate. Next, I used GBU10 for the AUTO model to attack the target with laser on. 

But the GBU10 did not seem to be guided by the laser, and it went to another point that was not designated.

How do you drop? Do you fly straight and level?

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Kiseki_Yu:

Yes, straight and level with speed around 350.

That is probably the problem. Seems like all bombs dropped in auto will fall long when flying straight and level. Maybe try again while in a shallow dive.

Edit: on my first playthrough I encountered the same issue as you. Bomb went somewhere else entirely. Dropping while in a dive worked every time. Why it would even matter with an LGB, I don't know. 🤷‍♂️ Normally it absolutely shouldn't. But code is code and bugs are bugs. 🙂 

From the Patch Notes thread, June 22:

Zitat

DCS: F-15E by RAZBAM - Known Issues

• Bombs dropped in AUTO mode can land long of target for wings level release. It is recommended to do a dive bombing for improved accuracy.

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 1

@Kiseki_Yu Double check the correct laser code (1688) is in the TGP.. Make sure you're below 25,000ft (ideally under the clouds around 10k). Is the laser firing (flashing L)? 

Other than that, I don't know what is going on.  I have not had any issue guiding any GBU in this mission at all.  There is nothing in the mission that won't make this work.

Just put a little video together showing how I do it.

Edited by Sedlo
  • Like 1

9小时前,Sedlo说:

@Kiseki_Yu Double check the correct laser code (1688) is in the TGP.. Make sure you're below 25,000ft (ideally under the clouds around 10k). Is the laser firing (flashing L)? 

Other than that, I don't know what is going on.  I have not had any issue guiding any GBU in this mission at all.  There is nothing in the mission that won't make this work.

Just put a little video together showing how I do it.

I did the same with you except I set the target to be the waypoint 8A.

I will try it again.

Thank you very much for creating a video!

10小时前,Jayhawk1971说:

That is probably the problem. Seems like all bombs dropped in auto will fall long when flying straight and level. Maybe try again while in a shallow dive.

Edit: on my first playthrough I encountered the same issue as you. Bomb went somewhere else entirely. Dropping while in a dive worked every time. Why it would even matter with an LGB, I don't know. 🤷‍♂️ Normally it absolutely shouldn't. But code is code and bugs are bugs. 🙂 

From the Patch Notes thread, June 22:

Thank you for sharing the information.

I will try it again!