Does anyone thought the F15E was too bright?

Kiseki_Yu

It's so bright, same map, same scene, and much brighter than F18 and F16. Even though I have adjusted the gamma to 1.5, it's still too bright. Not only can I not see the HUD, but I can't see the frontal environment either.

It is only my problem?

I also found in the cockpit, the side view out of the brightness is normal, but the front is very bright, very abnormal.

nullnull

image.png

image.png

Edited by Kiseki_Yu
  • Like 1

I understand what you mean - I find myself using the helmet visor (left shift + N) for every daytime mission in the F15.  The F16 canopy seems to provide quite a lot of sun protection compared to the F15, and the FA18 seems to be somewhere between the two.

I only tested the Syria and PG maps, but sometimes without the visor I can hardly see anything.  I'll try to take screenshots later.

• Like 2

run come save me

I've noticed this too. The helmet visor is a great addition to counter this. I've found that modules and mods that have a dark cockpit/canopy frame (MB339 in particular) always suffer with whiteout while looking through the front of the canopy due to the HDR settings of the sim. 😧

Included Screenshots of inside v outside on Syria and Caucasus, it clearly shows the washed out textures while inside.

Screen_230628_201412.png

Screen_230628_201422.png

Screen_230629_124015.png

Screen_230629_124021.png

Edited by XpRiV
  • Like 3

8分钟前,Scofflaw说:

I understand what you mean - I find myself using the helmet visor (left shift + N) for every daytime mission in the F15.  The F16 canopy seems to provide quite a lot of sun protection compared to the F15, and the FA18 seems to be somewhere between the two.

I only tested the Syria and PG maps, but sometimes without the visor I can hardly see anything.  I'll try to take screenshots later.

Complete same! If I do not use the helmet visor I can see nothing. But it is fine for other aircraft(F18, F16, A10C, and F14, etc).

Do you use HDR or reshade? 

By the way, does DCS contains any screenshot function?

4分钟前,XpRiV说:

I've noticed this too. The helmet visor is a great addition to counter this. I've found that modules and mods that have a dark cockpit/canopy frame (MB339 in particular) always suffer with whiteout while looking through the front of the canopy due to the HDR settings of the sim. 😧

Maybe The Windows HDR is a problem

• Like 1

The default binding for screenshots is the "print" key. Screenshots are saved under /savedgames

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Seems fine to me. Gamma set to 1.8 and no ReShade mod etc.  The HUD gets a bit washed out into the sun but that’s normal. 
I do prefer a well lit cockpit over the dark ones, the Mirage F1 was way too dark. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

28 minutes ago, Kiseki_Yu said:

Thank you so much!

When you go into the settings menu -> controls config. Apart from the Aircraft there is a chapter called "UI Layer". There you can see several key bindings for general game functions - such as this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

7 hours ago, Kiseki_Yu said:

It's so bright, same map, same scene, and much brighter than F18 and F16. Even though I have adjusted the gamma to 1.5, it's still too bright. Not only can I not see the HUD, but I can't see the frontal environment either.

It is only my problem?

Sometimes when you go from F10 back to cockpit the gamma can be to low, that happens to most of my aircraft when using MT. Just go to F10 and back to F1 and it usually goes back to normal. 

I have the opposite issue. I feel the displays are too dark!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

15小时前,Razor68说:

Sometimes when you go from F10 back to cockpit the gamma can be to low, that happens to most of my aircraft when using MT. Just go to F10 and back to F1 and it usually goes back to normal. 

Thank you for sharing your experience. But it's seem that we are discuss a different problem.

27分钟前,imacken说:

I have the opposite issue. I feel the displays are too dark!

Do you increase the gamma?

49 minutes ago, Kiseki_Yu said:

Do you increase the gamma?

No, as that would throw out all other modules which look OK.  The main cockpit is fine, it's just the MPDs that I find too dark and that's with their brightness setting at full.

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

9 minutes ago, imacken said:

, it's just the MPDs that I find too dark and that's with their brightness setting at full.

I struggled with that too.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 8:39 AM, Scofflaw said:

Back in the day(think Janes f15) we always had the option to change the colors of the hud elements. I know it is not real but it's an easy fix and extremely useful for this very thing.

On 6/28/2023 at 1:39 PM, Scofflaw said:

Wait. What. Is this a thing? A sunvisor?  I have oft mentioned on the DCS wishlist that a sun visor should be enabled if required because everything looks washed out in daytime and that is because on hot sunny days everyone is used to seeing the world through sunglasses.  It is not the colour palette that is wrong, it is everyone's expected perception.  Sunglasses darken the scene slightly and increase colour saturation.  You can see that through holiday snaps.  They often look washed out compared to your memory of the view.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:44 PM, Kiseki_Yu said:

It is only my problem?

1.5? Wow, Im using 2.1 and its ok for me.

btw. Maybe this, MT bug:

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Btw. You can use also LShift+N 🙂 inside of cockpit if you think its too bright.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

9小时前,YoYo说:

1.5? Wow, Im using 2.1 and its ok for me.

btw. Maybe this, MT bug:

Thank you for your replying. I tried the non-MT version, but the same situation appeared. 

I need to use the helmet visor every time.  

2023/6/28 PM9点47分,XpRiV说:

Included Screenshots of inside v outside on Syria and Caucasus, it clearly shows the washed out textures while inside.

Screen_230628_201412.png

Screen_230628_201422.png

Screen_230629_124015.png

Screen_230629_124021.png

It looks better than me. Sometimes, I can't see anything.

Edited by Kiseki_Yu
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 10:09 AM, pii said:

Back in the day(think Janes f15) we always had the option to change the colors of the hud elements. I know it is not real but it's an easy fix and extremely useful for this very thing.

It did! 🙂 Wonder if those of us who played Janes F-15 are rare in the DCS Community? There’s a certain age element there for most of us former Janes F-15 fans. 😂

• Like 1

Clay "Shakespeare" Sanger
Habitual Module Collector | Multirole Fixed Wing Jockey & Rotorhead | Old Gamer Geek | Mission Designer | Server Host

14 hours ago, claysanger said:

It did! 🙂 Wonder if those of us who played Janes F-15 are rare in the DCS Community? There’s a certain age element there for most of us former Janes F-15 fans. 😂

Well, it wasn't just Jane's f-15 but virtually all flight sims back then, and yes there is an age element. lol

48 minutes ago, pii said:

Well, it wasn't just Jane's f-15 but virtually all flight sims back then, and yes there is an age element. lol

Oddly enough, the multi color HUD ladder appears to have survived all the way through LOCK ON and FLAMING CLIFFS to present day DCS — the FC3 F-15C will let you change the color of the pitch ladder. Or at least it would last time I flew it. Been a while. 

Clay "Shakespeare" Sanger
Habitual Module Collector | Multirole Fixed Wing Jockey & Rotorhead | Old Gamer Geek | Mission Designer | Server Host