Mouse control

Lucid484

So I just hooked up my G2 and jumped in and WOW, I wasn't prepared for that first experience. It was like I was actually sitting in the cockpit of the A-10! My eyes need to get used to everything, but I can tell this is already going to be crazy.

But my question is, I just don't find it feasible to use the controllers to twiddle with buttons and knobs, especially during flying. I clicked on use mouse control, but it doesn't seem as I can see the mouse cursor and use it in the cockpit while flying. Am I missing something?

Also, is it required to have the Microsoft Mixed Reality app running while playing DCS. Seems to get in the way.

Core i7-930 (2.8 OC to 3.85), ASUS Rampage II Extreme, XFX Radeon 5870, 6 Gigs MUSHKIN DDR3-1600 6-8-6-24, 128 GB Crucial C300 SSD, 500 GB Western 5400rpm Digital Green Drive,ASUS SATA 3 6gbps card.

Windows Key + Y. That switches between the desktop and the G2.

What I do is alt+tab, Win Y to the desktop and the click the dcs icon on the windows bar. That should make the cursor usable in the game.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

On 7/7/2023 at 11:39 PM, CybrSlydr said:

Windows Key + Y. That switches between the desktop and the G2.

What I do is alt+tab, Win Y to the desktop and the click the dcs icon on the windows bar. That should make the cursor usable in the game.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Thanks, this was a HUGE help!!!

Edited by Lucid484
didn't put in text
  • Like 1

Core i7-930 (2.8 OC to 3.85), ASUS Rampage II Extreme, XFX Radeon 5870, 6 Gigs MUSHKIN DDR3-1600 6-8-6-24, 128 GB Crucial C300 SSD, 500 GB Western 5400rpm Digital Green Drive,ASUS SATA 3 6gbps card.

Be sure that you have not under the g2 mixed reality environment, you can disable it by pressing Windows key + Y , so if it is disabled you won't see a blue line across your monitor (not HMD) in the top.

If you see the blue line otherwise you are able to give orders to your headset like "flashlight on" that enables the passtrough.. see my post here...

Feel free to send me a PM if you need more help.

With your rig you will need a bit of tuning, but for me, at least IMHO,The reverb G2 is a good headset ..... I would like to try pico 4 (has the same resolution) or the new meta 3 headset coming at the end of this year...but for now other solutions are too expensive

Edited by firefox121

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

What was pretty cool with the G2 and WMR if have speech Recognition enabled in WMR settings you can say “ Flashlight on “ for pass through to peek at your keyboard or find where you placed your coffee and drink and then say “ Flashlight off “ to shut it off or get back to normal. Welcome to the VR world 👍🏻

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 7/7/2023 at 8:59 PM, Lucid484 said:

But my question is, I just don't find it feasible to use the controllers to twiddle with buttons and knobs, especially during flying. I clicked on use mouse control, but it doesn't seem as I can see the mouse cursor and use it in the cockpit while flying. Am I missing something?

Cursor will show up if you click the mouse button.  Problem is that mouse click still works while cursor is invisible so you might accidentally press things trying to bring up the cursor.  There is a workaround if you use Voice Attack.

And while flying, it's best to use your head to point the cursor at what you want to press and have a mouse button mapped to your HOTAS.  I only use mouse to move the cursor during startup.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Burt said:

What was pretty cool with the G2 and WMR if have speech Recognition enabled in WMR settings you can say “ Flashlight on “ for pass through to peek at your keyboard or find where you placed your coffee and drink and then say “ Flashlight off “ to shut it off or get back to normal. Welcome to the VR world 👍🏻

Wait, the G2 has pass through?? Can this be used with your keyboard? It's a little bit of a p[ain to keep sneaking under the glasses on some of the FC aircraft. I do need to map more keys to my HOTAS though.

hace 35 minutos, Lucid484 dijo:

Wait, the G2 has pass through?? Can this be used with your keyboard? It's a little bit of a p[ain to keep sneaking under the glasses on some of the FC aircraft. I do need to map more keys to my HOTAS though.

Yes, as I said above, try to have speech recognition on in WMR settings and follow my thread here

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Yes it does its not the greatest passthrough but it work for a quick peak. Mine worked with the Flashlight on/off command, I think there's a few other command words that can be used. Speech Reg. also workis with " Volume up and Volume Down. 

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020