Help! Cannot connect to digitalcombatsimulator.com, no authorization server access

LeCuvier

I'm a long-time user of DCS World and know how to help myself most of the time. But since several days I'm stuck As the title says, I cannot connect to the ED web site and therefore I cannot even contact support. I do get to the site sometimes after a long time, but mostly it times out. And I never make it to the support page where I could log a support ticket.
For the same reason, I cannot get authorization when I start the game, and have to wait forever before I can play offline. And soon I won't even be able to play offline.

I have checked the firewall for blocked sites and see nothing. I have ven disabled the firewall temporarily but it made no difference.
No problem connecting to any other web site and internet access is generally fast.

I would appreciate if someone could make support contact me.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

41 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

I cannot connect to the ED web site

have you tried with a different Internet provider, for example at a friend's house or using your cell phone?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

have you tried with a different Internet provider, for example at a friend's house or using your cell phone?

I do not have access to another provider, and a friend's house is not practical. Tried to connect to my iPhone's hotspot, but that does not work.

Thanks

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

5 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

I do not have access to another provider, and a friend's house is not practical.

Just wanted to rule out a problem within your Internet provider .. Why its not practical to visit a friend and connect to his WiFi with your iPhone and then see if you can login to ED's website?

5 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

Tried to connect to my iPhone's hotspot, but that does not work.

Why? ... if your PC has wifi adapter then it should be able to connect to your iPhone thus bypasing your usual Internet provider.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

11 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Just wanted to rule out a problem within your Internet provider .. Why its not practical to visit a friend and connect to his WiFi with your iPhone and then see if you can login to ED's website?

I can turn off my iPhone's WiFi and connect to the DCS World web site while I'm at home. And I can even get to the user support page and start creating a ticket this way. So maybe the problem is caused by my Live-Box...

• Like 1

LeCuvier

11 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I can turn off my iPhone's WiFi and connect to the DCS World web site while I'm at home. And I can even get to the user support page and start creating a ticket this way. So maybe the problem is caused by my Live-Box...

forgive me if you have already attempted this. have you restarted your home internet equipment?

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 hour ago, silverdevil said:

forgive me if you have already attempted this. have you restarted your home internet equipment?

sure, that was one of my first actions.
I will try to persuade my internet provider to replace the LiveBox.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

6 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

sure, that was one of my first actions.
I will try to persuade my internet provider to replace the LiveBox.

Har you tried to do a trace, to see where the connection actually stops? If it's beyond your house, it's actually your ISP that has an issue, and not your box/connection. 

Reason I ask, is because you write that connection to ED servers are your only grief. To be super sure, for fun, try to install Tor browser or use a VPN if you have one. 

Cheers! 

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Har you tried to do a trace, to see where the connection actually stops? If it's beyond your house, it's actually your ISP that has an issue, and not your box/connection. 

Reason I ask, is because you write that connection to ED servers are your only grief. To be super sure, for fun, try to install Tor browser or use a VPN if you have one. 

Cheers! 

Well, the provider of the box is my ISP and is also my cellphone service provider. And from my cellphone, with mobile data, I can get to the ED server.

LeCuvier

@MAXsenna: I have run tracert, see attachment. What can I conclude from this?

Tracert.JPG

I tried to go to the site with this IP address (76.223.54.146) and it goes to a site that's for sale. No comprendo...

LeCuvier

27 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

What can I conclude from this?

the correct site is www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

• Like 2

@MAXsenna: I have run tracert, see attachment. What can I conclude from this?
Tracert.JPG.f3375997693f9f1ef359e0ea7c491264.JPG
I tried to go to the site with this IP address (76.223.54.146) and it goes to a site that's for sale. No comprendo...
Like Rudel wrote, the address is incorrect.
In any case, if you get an IP address when using the correct address, DNS is working, and if the trace goes out of your LAN, but stops somewhere. There is nothing wrong with your router/box, but your ISP has routing issues, for whatever reason, and you can log a complaint with them.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• ED Team

It looks like your ISP is creating the problem, please contact them and see if they can assist you. 

You may also want to try a vpn 

Thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

the correct site is www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

sorry, I was in too much of a hurry. Here is the correct tracert result.

Tracert.JPG

• Like 1

LeCuvier

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

It looks like your ISP is creating the problem, please contact them and see if they can assist you. 

You may also want to try a vpn 

Thank you

I have spent a lot of time on the phone with my ISP's support and all their tests show that their equipment is working, and the rest is not their problem

I followed your advice and installed VPN software, and I could finally start DCS World.

Thanks!

• Like 2

LeCuvier

• ED Team

good to hear you can connect again, all is ok our end so it maybe a DNS issue, 

best advice now is to try a DNS refresh 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

You get all the way, so there's no issue with the routing.
Do you still have problems today?

The tracert got there; probably it's patient. Edge got there sometimes, but I could not navigate on the site. And the simulator always timed out.
VPN worked.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

The tracert got there; probably it's patient. Edge got there sometimes, but I could not navigate on the site. And the simulator always timed out.
VPN worked.
If you look at your traceroute, there are some high ping times on the route. Which I assume is beyond your ISP, and that's probably where the issue is.
Do a traceroute through through the VPN and compare the results, and maybe you can get your ISP to change the primary route through another peer.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

If you look at your traceroute, there are some high ping times on the route. Which I assume is beyond your ISP, and that's probably where the issue is.
Do a traceroute through through the VPN and compare the results, and maybe you can get your ISP to change the primary route through another peer. emoji2373.png

Cheers!

Yes, looks much better. But not sure I can get anybody even listen to me...

tracert2.JPG

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Apparently the ISP has changed routing set-up. I can now access www.digitalcombatsimulator.com without using VPN.

• Like 2

LeCuvier