Debden Eagles - New P-51D Campaign Announcement

Reflected

I'm working on a brand new historical DCS P-51D Campaign: Debden Eagles. You will join the 4th Fighter Group and fly missions in the first week after D-day exactly the way they happened in real life.

Eshop:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/p-51d_debden_eagles_campaign/
Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2692050/DCS_P51D_Debden_Eagles_Campaign_by_Reflected_Simulations/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

• 2 months later...

June 6th 2024 will mark the 80th anniversary of the mighty endeavor, the greatest military operation in history: the Normandy landings. In Debden Eagles, my upcoming DCS P-51D campaign, you will be able to experience these events first hand from the point of view of an American fighter pilot. Every mission is based on original, historical documents, down to the smallest details. 100% historical accuracy, zero Hollywood BS, and about 90% Air to Ground ops. I hope you’re as excited to see it released as I am. Here’s a little teaser for you, made by the one and only Dominik Keller:

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Ahoi,

what map is needed for this campaign, channel oder normandy 2.0?
Look here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/p-51d_debden_eagles_campaign/ - no required map listed.

best regards,
Andreas

DCS MT😍, all maps except channel, FC3, F-16C Viper, F-15E, F/A-18C, AH-64D, F-5E, F-4E, P-51D, Spitfire, Fw-190D, MiG-21bis, L-39, AJS-37
Supercarrier, WWII-AP, CA, TrackIR5, F/A-18-Stick + Thrustmaster 16000, Stream Deck 8x4, 2x MFD Cougar
Ryzen9 5950X SMT off, 64GB RAM, RTX 4070 SUPER TI, UWQHD 3440x1440, Win11+DCS from separate M.2

Release video posted by Reflected today says Normandy in the description, so I'm pretty sure 2.0 is recommended at least (albeit maybe it could work on N "1.5" as well).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes, you're right - I didn't watched this video up to now. But my first look was on the shopage here.
Campaign bought, I'm very curious about it!

Edited by Atari800XL

DCS MT😍, all maps except channel, FC3, F-16C Viper, F-15E, F/A-18C, AH-64D, F-5E, F-4E, P-51D, Spitfire, Fw-190D, MiG-21bis, L-39, AJS-37
Supercarrier, WWII-AP, CA, TrackIR5, F/A-18-Stick + Thrustmaster 16000, Stream Deck 8x4, 2x MFD Cougar
Ryzen9 5950X SMT off, 64GB RAM, RTX 4070 SUPER TI, UWQHD 3440x1440, Win11+DCS from separate M.2

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, HARTMANN1145 said:

Hi Reflected...will this be available to purchase through Steam?

Great work btw👍

Eshop:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/p-51d_debden_eagles_campaign/
Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2692050/DCS_P51D_Debden_Eagles_Campaign_by_Reflected_Simulations/

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

Looks fantastic so far. I have a question, please do not  worry about this Mr Reflected, I haven't gone and done proper testing myself (removing all mods etc) but I'm having an issue with the first active mission, Mission 2. I'm starting in what seems to be the 'wrong' P-51. It's to the left of the take-off runway in an open-air revetment, but I assume I'm meant to start in the second hangar to the right of the runway. 

By the way, the start of Mission 2 is fantastically cinematic. Just beautiful, but after I suspected something was wrong/I'd screwed up the campaign (choice here to be determined) I went straight on to the next one. So I've played Mission 3 which is just fabulous and where I got the idea that I'm starting Mission 2 in the wrong Mustang.

Also, in mission 2, the Mustang starts with 100% fuel. Ok, if I've screwed the system with my mods, but in mission 3 the Mustang in what I assume is the correct position - next to the wingman, I'm starting with 94% fuel. Is this deliberate? Whenever I create my own basic, slightly idiotic missions I put no more than 68% fuel in to ensure the fuselage tank is empty for balance. If this full fuel load is as intended, then I'll shut up and just use the fuselage tank first.

My question is, is anyone else having this problem of starting in the 'wrong' location, assuming it is wrong? If nobody else is experiencing this, then 'as you were' everyone, and I'll go ahead with the tedious job of removing mods. I made the mistake of adding mods manually, so it can be a process to ensure I have only official bits of software in the sim so I thought I'd be a little annoying and ask before testing the proper way.

And the bonus question - am I supposed to reduce the fuel level to the 68%, or manage the fuller load? I didn't run out of fuel in Mission 3 after I asked the ground crew to drop to 68% (it was pretty close to the wire by the time I arrived back!) but I want to fly the mission as the designer intended.

Reflected already confirmed that in the "last minute" change before the 2.9.2 went live, Ugra messed up parking positions on the map and thus in some missions you're not spawning where you're supposed to. It's gonna be fixed in the next patch, hopefully.

Look around in the campaign forum section for more info:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1208-dcs-p-51d-debden-eagles-campaign/

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

3 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Reflected already confirmed that in the "last minute" change before the 2.9.2 went live, Ugra messed up parking positions on the map and thus in some missions you're not spawning where you're supposed to. It's gonna be fixed in the next patch, hopefully.

Look around in the campaign forum section for more info:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1208-dcs-p-51d-debden-eagles-campaign/

Thank you so much. I did a quick search but obviously not a useful one! 😄

4 hours ago, Bashibazouk said:

the tedious job of removing mods. I made the mistake of adding mods manually, so it can be a process to ensure I have only official bits of software in the sim

I was in the same position and gave myself headaches with it. Someone here, Rudel I think, put me on to using OvGME, the free 'Mod manager'. I don't have any bother installing or uninstalling mods now, just turn them on or off as I like. Well worth looking at, saves a lot of messing.

I bought the campaign but saved it for when I have time to have a proper look at it. Parking shenanigans or not I might just try my luck now.

• Like 1