Recorder does not load track file

Ashayar

Hello there,

I have a liitle problem.

I would like to vatch my previous games, so I tried to open the track files in the recorder (not sure of the word, "Magnétoscope" is the one in my language 🙂 ), but everytime I try to open a file, whatever the file is, the loading stop at "97 caucasus.ng5" and nothing moves anymore.

I tried to erase the saved games folder, but it didn't do anything, and I tried with two files in the case of a corrupted file, nothing worked.

Can someoonoe help me please? I don't understand what is happening 😢

Have a nice day!

Edited by Ashayar

• Ashayar changed the title to Recorder does not load track file

Are you trying to convert the track files to video? Or are you simply trying to watch the track file? If you only want to watch it, the “Replay” button is what you want to use to load the track.

B750A127-D052-4CAF-AC43-AC29F7987558.jpeg

EDIT: If you are trying to use the “Record AVI” function in the Mission Editor, try using the “Replay” button first and see if the track file loads there. If so, it may be simply that the “Record AVI” function in the Mission Editor is broken. I don’t know if anyone still uses it. The last time I used it was back in the LOMAC/Flaming Cliffs 1.x days.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Try purging this folder:

C:/Users/your-username/AppData/Local/Temp/DCS (or DCS.openbeta)

I don't see the AppData folder once in the user folder. I checked saved games/DCS.openbeta and didn't see it in ther either.

1 hour ago, rob10 said:

To rule out one possible problem: was the track CREATED on the SAME VERSION of DCS that you are currently trying to REPLAY it in?

Yes, created today and tried to load it couple hours later.

Edited by Flapjacks

3 hours ago, Flapjacks said:

I don't see the AppData folder once in the user folder.

You don't see it because, in Microsoft's infinite wisdom, your system is set to not show it. It's a "hidden item". Select your C : drive, select the "View" tab at the top of the pane, and check the box labeled "Hidden items".

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

3 minutes ago, Flapjacks said:

I'm suppose to delete everything in that folder?

In the DCS folder, Yes

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

_____

Hello there,

I tried again, with another track file and it seems to work. I don't know why...

So, hope it will continue to work! 🙂 

On 8/9/2023 at 8:35 PM, Ironhand said:

Are you trying to convert the track files to video? Or are you simply trying to watch the track file? If you only want to watch it, the “Replay” button is what you want to use to load the track.

B750A127-D052-4CAF-AC43-AC29F7987558.jpeg

EDIT: If you are trying to use the “Record AVI” function in the Mission Editor, try using the “Replay” button first and see if the track file loads there. If so, it may be simply that the “Record AVI” function in the Mission Editor is broken. I don’t know if anyone still uses it. The last time I used it was back in the LOMAC/Flaming Cliffs 1.x days.

I'd like to convert some of my gameplay yes 😉 This is out of topic, but I'd like to take some external views of my fights / flights with another point of view than the cockpit. 

Still have to find how to do this but hey, learning is fun!

Have a nice day!!!

• Like 1