KA-50 ABRIS - map not scaling with symbology

MortalMando

Alright guys here is something that I found out: 

After hot starting on caucasus the ABRIS was black for 1:15min. When trying to zoom in/out nothing changed but the scale of symbology on the screen. One thing seems to be a workaround at least: 

After taking a screenshot of the interior, the ABRIS came alive instantly. The symbology and map scaled nicely as well. 
Also it might help to delete the files inside the "fxo" and "metashaders2" folder, which I did 24h before this game session. 

If you guys have simlar issues, i suggest you try exactly that. I will observe things in the future and hope this to be at least a workaround for the moment. 

edit: 
After going back to the game the same problem persists - the scaling of the map and symbology are not synced and showing lags like in the video I posted in the beginning of this thread. Still, taking screenshots or going into nvidia shadowplay seems to update the ABRIS in game. The ABRIS is still not functional in this way though.

Screen_231006_061313.jpg

Edited by MortalMando

@MortalMando I starting testing:

1. installed 2.7.18.30765 in parallel and tried BS2 with mission where I had issues with delay: no delay at all. (in this version there is only BS2, but I do not recall BS3 was ever smooth.

2. played same mission with 2.8.8.43704 and delay occurred occasionally, but later could not reproduce or was barely noticeable

3. tried your trk file, the delay was barely noticeable. I suspect on your side this was very visible?

Now I am thinking how to assemble missions that will be reproducible 100% of the time...

Not sure if you got BS2, ideally reproducible BS2 would allow me to move version by version and figure out when exactly the delay is introduced...

• 1 month later...

Just to add to this:
I experienced this same issue today in the BS3. 

When using the map mode in the ABRIS looking around with ERBL after a Flight plan was added and several TGT points, zooming in/out and moving around the cursor, would not move the map, but the symbology as well as scaling up/down the symbology as if the map was zoomed in and out. However the map didn't actually move or zoom.

Not sure what triggered this, but as stated by Mando, taking a screenshot instantly "forced" the ABRIS to update.

Update from my side: I tried several times to create a reliable reproductions.

In the same mission where I observed the issue I could just marginally detect this. Then later when not focusing on this issue, I had rather pronounced effect. Unsure what was a difference. I still do not have reliable track that demonstrates this.

• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2024 at 6:32 PM, Flappie said:

Is this issue still reproducible? Don't forget to disable "Padlock" in the gameplay options before testing.

Abris MAP stills freeze time to time. Padlock on and off. Tested only in VR.

Are there any further tips on what to do with this issue or settings to try? This happens quite frequently for me.

I've tried both with and without padlock in gameplay as suggested.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Recently I changed GPU to a 4090 and resolution + monitor to 4k. Although there is still a lag it is less noticeable. On some servers it seems to be a larger issue then on others. Although the initial video I posted to showcase the issue didnt have any units on the map.

Confirming that it still freezes.

To reproduce:

- Start a mission with hot-started aircraft.

- Zoom out fully, then in again, on the map on Abris. (You can also start out by zooming in, and then out. The point is, it occurs when big changes are made in zoom (and within short period of time))

- The map will hang, with only the symbology adjusting to the appropriate zoom-level.

- After a while, the map will adjust correctly too.

It would be a great feature, if it was one. Simulate the slowdown of an Abris processor (on any module really) if realistic.

@Flappie if you need a track, tell me, and I'll provide a short one.

EDIT: Corrections

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, zerO_crash said:

Confirming that it still freezes.

To reproduce:

- Start a mission with hot-started aircraft.

- Zoom out fully, then in again, on the map on Abris. (You can also start out by zooming in, and then out. The point is, it occurs when big changes are made in zoom (and within short period of time))

- The map will hang, with only the symbology adjusting to the appropriate zoom-level.

- After a while, the map will adjust correctly too.

It would be a great feature, if it was one. Simulate the slowdown of an Abris processor (on any module really) if realistic.

@Flappie if you need a track, tell me, and I'll provide a short one.

EDIT: Corrections

Just attach it. I can not reproduce it reliably