Developer Performance Testing

Raz_Specter

Hi All,

Over the past few months we have been working tirelessly  to try and improve the performance in the most heavily populated areas utilizing the latest block technology we released a few month ago which basically replaced every city with brand new models and new POI models across all areas of the map.

We are excited to share with you some video tests and would love to hear you feedback.  As a reference we used YoYo's performance video "https://youtu.be/6zi44Us3xC0?si=kt7Jrk3JUNT_4LZD" as a baseline

In general we are seeing over 200 fps whilst still keeping all that great eye candy, which is paramount IMPO when flying low in a helo.

Simple test of FPS Starting at Punta Arenas Airfield and moving south across the large city

Simple Test of FPS starting at Rio Gallegos (which is the largest city in the map and most populated) airfield moving across the city at various angles

Performance Settings used

image.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• 3 weeks later...

i flew the map for the first time tonight and loved it.  I am soooo very much looking forward to some missions and MP servers enjoying hte space.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

On 10/3/2023 at 11:57 PM, deep said:

@Raz_Specter Is there any chance we will see this in the next update?

this should be in the next update 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Just for your information we released a mission for the F15 for the South Atlantic map in the 2.9 release, go check it out and not a bad mission, have voice overs and everything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]