Where are the campaigns?

Mike_CK

I’m just venting I guess…but how is it that the F-16 has been out this long and the only campaign for it is the initial “red flag” one? I mean, at the same point in its development the F-18 had about 5-6 good professional campaigns (when it was still in early access)!

I know the module isn’t as popular as the F 18 but it’s got to be up there in the top three right? Same with the Apache. It’s been out for a couple years and we only have that one weird campaign? I mean, I fly the Hind.(don’t all REAL men?), so no big deal to me…I’m just surprised with his popularity and all.

I’m not a huge fan of Baltic dragon’s campaigns simply because I don’t like all the training/practice dog fighting and non-combat missions; they’re extremely well done, just not my thing, But man, I’ve been waiting for his campaign to come out for the F-16 like a fat kid waiting for dessert

• Like 1

Hi,
Hm, so I only know of one campaign from Baltic Dragon, Iron Flag, as a pure training campaign (the M2k's Red Flag can be described as training). Two campaigns have been announced for the F-16, one by Ground Pounder Sims and one by Baltic Dragon. It just takes time. As far as I know, the AH-64D Apache came into the EA release on March 17, 2022. So that's supposed to be 'a couple of years'?? I myself have both modules and both payware campaigns. I also like the Hind one better because I'm a Hind guy. I also prefer playing the KA-50 and its campaign over the Apache. But still, I think the MAD campaign for Apache is still well done, you just have to be able to get involved in its story. My personal views.

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Kotor633,

If your date is correct, then the Apache has been our a year and 7 months…so yeah, a couple years (5 months shy).

But I’m not complaining about the lack of F-16 campaigns (or the Apache campaigns for that matter)…I’m just surprised that 4 years after release of a very popular module, we have the one red flag when so many of us would dish out cash for a half decent combat campaign. Take my money 

• Like 2

check this one from GP sim, should be out soon

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

On 10/14/2023 at 12:15 AM, Mike_CK said:

I’m just venting I guess…but how is it that the F-16 has been out this long and the only campaign for it is the initial “red flag” one? I mean, at the same point in its development the F-18 had about 5-6 good professional campaigns (when it was still in early access)!

I know the module isn’t as popular as the F 18 but it’s got to be up there in the top three right? Same with the Apache. It’s been out for a couple years and we only have that one weird campaign? I mean, I fly the Hind.(don’t all REAL men?), so no big deal to me…I’m just surprised with his popularity and all.

I’m not a huge fan of Baltic dragon’s campaigns simply because I don’t like all the training/practice dog fighting and non-combat missions; they’re extremely well done, just not my thing, But man, I’ve been waiting for his campaign to come out for the F-16 like a fat kid waiting for dessert

Simple reason is that we wait for the module to be sufficiently developed enough before we start work on a campaign.  Having features added as we develop is obviously a complication we have to deal with, but the Viper was very bare bones at launch as we all know.  My Cerberus North campaign was actually supposed to be for the F-16, but I switched it to the Hornet when I realised just how much stuff was still missing.

Once the module was in a better place, we (the campaign Devs) started work, which is why there's campaigns from Baltic Dragon, Reflected and myself all in development at the same time.  These projects do however take a long time to complete.  

First In - Weasels Over Syria has taken a year of development, but the good news is a that release is very soon, fingers crossed it should drop on the 2.9 update, which has just been announced as the 19th.

First mission is available as a demo from my discord, there's a link to it in the thread posted above by snakedoc.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Simple reason is that we wait for the module to be sufficiently developed enough before we start work on a campaign.  Having features added as we develop is obviously a complication we have to deal with, but the Viper was very bare bones at launch as we all know.  My Cerberus North campaign was actually supposed to be for the F-16, but I switched it to the Hornet when I realised just how much stuff was still missing.

Once the module was in a better place, we (the campaign Devs) started work, which is why there's campaigns from Baltic Dragon, Reflected and myself all in development at the same time.  These projects do however take a long time to complete.  

First In - Weasels Over Syria has taken a year of development, but the good news is a that release is very soon, fingers crossed it should drop on the 2.9 update, which has just been announced as the 19th.

First mission is available as a demo from my discord, there's a link to it in the thread posted above by snakedoc.

Didn’t know the Cerbus North Campaign was supposed to be for F16 (guess I’m lucky since the F18 is my favorite). 

Anyways will be buying the F16 just to be able to fly your new campaign (as well as the others coming out). Really loved Cerbus North. 

(Hope you revisit the F18 sometime in the future again)

32 minutes ago, ff4life4 said:

Didn’t know the Cerbus North Campaign was supposed to be for F16 (guess I’m lucky since the F18 is my favorite). 

Anyways will be buying the F16 just to be able to fly your new campaign (as well as the others coming out). Really loved Cerbus North. 

(Hope you revisit the F18 sometime in the future again)

Yeah, don't think I've said it publicly before, that's actually why it's based out of Incirlik with the Marines and not off the carrier as I'd already put a load of work into the ATC system so wanted to make use of it.  Anyway it all worked out for the best, hopefully get back to the Hornet at some point!

• Like 1

Depends on how the campaign has been put together but for most campaigns this will not work, or if you're lucky mayber offer a limited/buggy experience.  Two main issues, first is aircraft/weapons specific triggers that get broken, second is breaking the design/balance of the game-play.

On 10/14/2023 at 12:15 AM, Mike_CK said:

But man, I’ve been waiting for his campaign to come out for the F-16 like a fat kid waiting for dessert

😂

Will be looking into Weasels over Syria

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha