Lighting Problem

rwbishUP

Something going on with lighting of environment, does it really bad when on ground or low level flight. During daylight it's like the sunlight turns off and everything covered in heavy fog. During night flight it goes completely black, can't even see instrument panel, then slowly fades back in after about 30 seconds.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I'm trying it now.

Your options.lua shows a strange ratio by the way. We both have a 3440x1440 screen. My ratio is "2.3888888888889", yours is "1.3333333333333".

EDIT: it seems this value is not used anymore, anyway.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

8 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I'm trying it now.

Your options.lua shows a strange ratio by the way. We both have a 3440x1440 screen. My ratio is "2.3888888888889", yours is "1.3333333333333".

EDIT: it seems this value is not used anymore, anyway.

How can i change this ratio?

Just now, Flappie said:

I tried using your options.lua and I had no such issue (F-15SE+ start from runway over Sinai).

I used the F16

I deleted FXO and metashaders2 and didnt do anything still the same weird skycolor disappearance and black flickering screens

g8PjVMw.png

5 minutes ago, Mainstay said:

How can i change this ratio?

Open your options.lua in a text editor. Look for the "aspect" keyword. As I said, I believe this value is not used anymore for I used your options.lua and I got no issue.

Edited by Flappie

4 hours ago, Shimvolski said:

I am getting an issue where I get random flashes of light across my whole monitor.  It happens very randomly between 5-15 mins apart.  Using dlss on and off.  When off using dlaa.  This is in f18 at night in Syria.

Same here in the AH-64.  Both during the day and night.  Very distracting in VR!

• Like 1

@Flappie Sky textures are still a problem for me even after switching to MSAA from DLAA.

Turned SSS off still the same problem but the weird thing is i know what is causing the black flickering screens now... so i narrowed down at least one problem. 

HQ and 4K is still uploading but here you can already see the switching between AA to AG and back to AA.

When switching to AG mode and having TGP and MAV weapon screen active the black flickering begins.

When switching back to AA mode the black flickering stops.

Something tells me its a MAV weapon screen problem because just like the earlier video i posted TGP was already on and caused no flickering but the flickering starts when the MAV's (D's havent tried other variants) are warmed up and the sensor camera turns on.

Edited by Mainstay

g8PjVMw.png

I have yet to download version 2.9 but encountered issues with the previous build. While flying the Apache, I attempted to switch to the F2 view and cycle through different aircraft. I noticed some black visual artifacts when I switched to the cockpit view. Initially, I thought this might be caused by clouds obstructing the sun.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

@Flappie Alright i found out whats causing the sky colors and the black flickering screens to happen.

I ran the same mission and settings over and over again now.

Scenario 1

F-16 cold and dark

Loadout 6xAGM-65D 2xGBU12 2xAIM9 2xAIM120 1xTGP

Startup aircraft - no problem ✅

Turning on TGP and show on MFD - no problem ✅

Turning on AGM-65D and show on MFD - Sky color goes weird and black flickering starts ❌

Scenario 2

F-16 cold and dark

Loadout 6xAGM-65H 2xGBU12 2xAIM9 2xAIM120 1xTGP

Turning on AGM-65H and show on MFD  - no problem ✅

Scenario 3

F-16 cold and dark

Loadout 3xAGM-65H 3xAGM-65D 2xGBU12 2xAIM9 2xAIM120 1xTGP

Turning on AGM-65H and show on MFD  - no problem ✅

Turning on AGM-65D and show on MFD -  Sky color goes weird and black flickering starts ❌

So there lies your problem right now, something is very wrong with the displaying of the AGM-65D sensor camera.

It not only causes the sky colors to go corrupted but in my case also cause black flickering all over the screen.

Sensor camera and new lightning / shadow technique maybe buggy? something to investigate and hotfix i hope.

At least i can play for now with MAV H models without going insane.

Edited by Mainstay
  • Like 1

g8PjVMw.png

9 minutes ago, Vakarian said:

@Mainstay Is the track/mission file for your last set of testing one you posted earlier?

I want to use it for test of some other instance where my group experienced flickering. We were however in Apaches during the night, and had white flickering, so I'd like to use your file as a test.

This is the mission file im using

F-16 Training MAV-GBU12.miz

g8PjVMw.png

Didn't abandon my post, had to do the work/sleep thing. Anyway, I was testing all types of different graphics settings and maps to try and pinpoint it. I never dreamed it would be a weapons related issue. I'm having the problem at night time also, I use TrackIR and when I look back toward the wing or straight up through the canopy, everything instantly goes black, and I'm carrying GBUs. I'm trying to generate log file and tracks with the issue right now, I'll attach them to this post when I get them.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

I did a complete repair of my install, and generated a new user folder and I haven't been able to get it to do it again

Just now, rwbishUP said:

I did a complete repair of my install, and generated a new user folder and I haven't been able to get it to do it again

I'm unable to reproduce the issue over Caucasus. Maybe only Sinai is affected.

• Like 1