Final release date prediction

_BringTheReign_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Awaiting for Steam preorder

MSI z790, i5 13600k128 Gb DDR4, RTX 4090, 980 pro 2 Tb, 4 SATA SSD, 3 HDD, SB AE-7, Acer 35" curved UltraWide 200Hz, LG CX 55" HDR 120Hz G-Sync, Logitech G510s, Razer Tartarus v2, Naga hex v2, Pico 4 256 Gb, Thrustmaster WARTHOG, RS FSSB MK II Ultra, TPR pedals, Cougar MFDs, Logitech flight switch and radio panels, x56 throttle, Saitek throttle quadrant, Trackir 5, Buttkicker gamer+, Logitech G920 with pedals, shifter, handbrake, Steam controller, Sony Dualsense, Edifier s760d 5.1 540Wt, Beyerdynamic dt 990 (600 ohm), dt 770 pro (250ohm), Razer stream controller, Elgato stream deck XL

FC3, A10-CII, AV-8B, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F-18, Viggen, Mirage F1, M2000, C-101, MB-339, Sabre, Mig-15, Mig-21, I-16, Spitfire, Bf-109, 190A8,D9,  P-47, P-51,  Mosquito, Ka 50-III, Mi-8, AH-64D, Mi-24, Gazelle, NS430, Supercarrier, ALL maps, CA, WW2 assets pack

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 1:46 AM, Mr.Jazzy said:

Awaiting for Steam preorder

I was truly going to wait for more concrete signals, like seeing the Phantom being toyed with by some famous youtuber, before committing to pre-purchase, but a good friend pre-ordered it for me, as a x-mas gift ... so, nowadays I'm on the pre-ordered bandwagon 🙂

... but I'm not really anxious waiting for it, as these days I'm re-learning the Viggen, in anticipation of the Kola Map release ... in fact, I would like if it delays a little, as I'm not ready to put the Viggen aside just yet 😇

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I was truly going to wait for more concrete signals, like seeing the Phantom being toyed with by some famous youtuber, before committing to pre-purchase, but a good friend pre-ordered it for me, as a x-mas gift ... so, nowadays I'm on the pre-ordered bandwagon 🙂

... but I'm not really anxious waiting for it, as these days I'm re-learning the Viggen, in anticipation of the Kola Map release ... in fact, I would like if it delays a little, as I'm not ready to put the Viggen aside just yet 😇

To be honest, I'm not even sure if Youtubers will be getting their hands on this much earlier than the rest of us plebs. It seems like HB wants to be releasing most of the media themselves, but who knows if they want to advertise it more with the popular guys right before release.

• Like 1

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

We have not even seen the WSO pit, yet. Nor did we get the promised development update which was apparently intended to address the remaining features that still need to be completed. Also, given the fact that YouTubers play around with an upcoming module roughly around one month before Early Access I think HB might be on a very tight schedule here. At this point I am a bit worried that HB is not able to deliver within the timeframe they set for themselves. I am not mad at them. Don’t get me wrong. The module will apparently ship with most features already available and this takes time. I know that. But at least a little status update would be tremendously appreciated. Look, I mean we do not even have the PRF tone library available, yet which is intended to be shared with the F-16C in some shape or form. Anyhow, I really hope I am wrong…

48 minutes ago, Tango3B said:

We have not even seen the WSO pit, yet. Nor did we get the promised development update which was apparently intended to address the remaining features that still need to be completed. Also, given the fact that YouTubers play around with an upcoming module roughly around one month before Early Access I think HB might be on a very tight schedule here. At this point I am a bit worried that HB is not able to deliver within the timeframe they set for themselves. I am not mad at them. Don’t get me wrong. The module will apparently ship with most features already available and this takes time. I know that. But at least a little status update would be tremendously appreciated. Look, I mean we do not even have the PRF tone library available, yet which is intended to be shared with the F-16C in some shape or form. Anyhow, I really hope I am wrong…

Thing is, the F-4E is not simply the module. HB is delivering core logic and capability improvements to DCS that extend beyond this specific module- including overhauling Jester for the F-14. If any of that stuff isn’t up to snuff, HB has to step back and fix it. 

I suspect if it were “just” the F-4E we’d have it already, but the whole package - including general updates to other modules and packages - has to be dialed in before release. Given the expanded scope of the F-4E module vs your “typical” release, I don’t expect any release date given to be met. Thats not a knock against HB, i’m just recognizing that testing complex software upgrades = high probability of missed deadlines. When the F-4E is ready, it will come. That may be tomorrow…or next winter.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

Thing is, the F-4E is not simply the module. HB is delivering core logic and capability improvements to DCS that extend beyond this specific module- including overhauling Jester for the F-14. If any of that stuff isn’t up to snuff, HB has to step back and fix it. 

I suspect if it were “just” the F-4E we’d have it already, but the whole package - including general updates to other modules and packages - has to be dialed in before release. Given the expanded scope of the F-4E module vs your “typical” release, I don’t expect any release date given to be met. Thats not a knock against HB, i’m just recognizing that testing complex software upgrades = high probability of missed deadlines. When the F-4E is ready, it will come. That may be tomorrow…or next winter.

That’s basically my point. I am by no means mad at HB. I fully understand that these things take time. But on the other hand I think at this late stage of development a status update would be a tremendously good thing. And it doesn’t hurt as they do not need to give a date. They only need to say they are on track - or not. That would totally suffice. Helps to manage expectations if the set schedule cannot be met.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tango3B said:

I think at this late stage of development a status update would be a tremendously good thing

But I have to wonder: what would change for us, as customers, to know such a status?  The Module would not arrive any sooner, and we would perhaps be placing additional stress onto the development team, for no real benefit. I simply try not to think about this aircraft, choosing instead to enjoy what DCS is already providing me with  🙂 

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

21 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

But I have to wonder: what would change for us, as customers, to know such a status?  The Module would not arrive any sooner, and we would perhaps be placing additional stress onto the development team, for no real benefit. I simply try not to think about this aircraft, choosing instead to enjoy what DCS is already providing me with  🙂 

Same here

F-4E Founders

Syria Map

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

For some who are a bit more anxious waiting for the F-4E that would surely be a feeling of certainty. Or even relief. Probably sadness. It would certainly help to manage expectations, right? Right. Does it change anything? Well, for some it means the world to have a certain degree of information about what’s cooking behind the scenes…

They did say on Discord the WSO pit and manual are pretty much just waiting on them to finish the details of the reveal video/screenshot/writeup or however they plan to do it.  Could be really close so hope for something tomorrow and plan for 2 more weeks.

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

4 minutes ago, Capn kamikaze said:

How far off roughly are we speaking... unless it is actually two weeks that is....

Are we talking weeks or months?

It has been said that it'll release this winter, as in from now until late March. If the devs don't have a set date with Steam though, perhaps even they don't really know when it'll be out.

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito

The F-4E project is a complex release involving a brand new module, new Jester AI, backfilled updates to HeatBlur’s existing modules, and addition of new weapons to the  game.

The honest release date is “when it’s done”. That won’t be two weeks. It may be two more years. 

Either way, I’m ready when they are.

Edited by Kalasnkova74
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

The F-4E project is a complex release involving a brand new module, new Jester AI, backfilled updates to HeatBlur’s existing modules, and addition of new weapons to the  game.

The honest release date is “when it’s done”. That won’t be two weeks. It may be two more years. 

Either way, I’m ready when they are.

Just curious... has anything ever been in pre-order state for that long? 

58 minutes ago, SgtPappy said:

has anything ever been in pre-order state for that long?

Yes

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

1 hour ago, SgtPappy said:

Just curious... has anything ever been in pre-order state for that long? 

A few modules have been up to 6 months for their pre-order.

I suppose nobody else remembers collecting cereal box tops and mailing them in for some awesome thing like a little toy 747 shortly after it started flying?  First you have to eat all that cereal, then get your parents to put the box tops in an envelope with the form cut off the back of a box, then put it in the mail. 

Then you wait and wait and wait because tracking numbers and overnight delivery were still decades away...  We're talking months of waiting here, which at that age is a significant fraction of your total life experience, not to mention you've only eaten one kind of cereal all year; 8 box tops is a lot.  Then there's the doubt; maybe the post office lost the letter?  What if you wrote out your address wrong on the form?  What if...

I figure the F-4 will arrive eventually, and I'll probably be around to see it, and two weeks after that it will get about as much use as the toy 747 that took so long to arrive back before Neil Armstrong did whatever that was that made him famous.  I don't get tons of sim time and there are other priorities when I do, so it will have to share.

Honestly, this reminds me of the F-14 release.  All that anticipation, then it came out.  A day after that the novelty wore off, and apart from the few dedicated Tomcatters it's just another jet in the hanger.  A very, very cool jet to be sure, but so are the others.  We'll see how the F-4 fares against all that competition once the novelty wears off.

• Like 5