Is buying WW2 modules and asset pack worth it?

That's a can of worms topic and opinions vary, although we've got some folks here who migrated from Il-2GB series, or play both (best solution in my opinion), and they seem to be having a good time with warbird side of DCS in spite of its obvious shortcomings and limitations. Both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses anyway, because they were designed with different goals in mind.

If you're tight on budget and don't mind having some of your PC games outside of Steam, why not consider a standalone DCS install? There are two practical pros of doing that. First-time customers in ED shop get a 50% discount on their first transaction, whether for a single module or bulk (50% almost never happens othwewise). There's also a free trial program that lets you try out most of the planes and maps for free for two weeks apiece. That sure is a safe way of figuring out if DCS works for you before shelling out cash. Free two weeks trail beats Steam's two (?) hours refund option anytime. 

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2023 at 10:17 AM, lenenkash said:

I know the WW2 part of DCS is probably like 2% of the entire community but I was wondering if it is worth buying the entire lot; map, module and the WW2 asset pack. Note that I'm on steam so idk if I'll get the asset pack with The Channel https://routerlogin.uno/

If you are planning to get the channel or Normandy then get a Warbird and the WWII asset pack. The channel IMHO is pointless without them.