TeTeT's Vietnam War Vessels

TeTeT

On 1/23/2024 at 3:27 PM, TeTeT said:

Update video for 0.3.0:

The team is busy working on 0.3.1 to bring some needed improvements to the mod. We hope for a soonish release, within two weeks (tm) 🙂

Cheers,
TeTeT

Awesome work on the F-8? Is there anyway you guys can work on the VSN A-7 as well? More skins and making the cockpit work again would be very welcome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chap2012 said:

Awesome work on the F-8? Is there anyway you guys can work on the VSN A-7 as well? More skins and making the cockpit work again would be very welcome. 

Currently no such plans, we're about to push out 0.3.1 after some testing is done on the weekend. For 0.4.0 we already want to include some additional boats. But the Corsair is a nice plane, so I wouldn't say never!

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Currently no such plans, we're about to push out 0.3.1 after some testing is done on the weekend. For 0.4.0 we already want to include some additional boats. But the Corsair is a nice plane, so I wouldn't say never!

Cheers,
TeTeT

Fair enough! Thanks for the assets so far. I only asked because I know you worked with @Hawkeye60 for the Crusader. He did an A-7 as well, just needs an update, and would go along well with your assets. 

• Like 1

I don't know if this will be out of the scope of this project but have you considered doing other variants of the Allen M. Sumner-class destroyers, particularly the ones with FRAM modifications from the late 1950s?  I understand that good 3D models are hard to find, but if this is something you and your team are considering, I'll consider donating.  I don't have much money with me at the moment but I hope it helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

On 1/26/2024 at 10:43 PM, HighMaintenanceB said:

I don't know if this will be out of the scope of this project but have you considered doing other variants of the Allen M. Sumner-class destroyers, particularly the ones with FRAM modifications from the late 1950s?  I understand that good 3D models are hard to find, but if this is something you and your team are considering, I'll consider donating.  I don't have much money with me at the moment but I hope it helps. 

Sounds like an interesting project, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleet_Rehabilitation_and_Modernization is a nice source for info on it.

Currently I'm still struggling to find the time to re-work the bridge of the Maddox to a Vietnam era bridge. So a complete FRAM destroyer is currently not on the horizon. 

On donations, luckily my salary pays for my hobbies. So if you like the mod, feel free to donate to https://bluedragon.org instead, they support Vietnamese people and help to protect them from Human Trafficking, especially the kids.

Cheers,
TeTeT

Edited by TeTeT
typo
  • Like 5

On 1/27/2024 at 11:34 AM, TeTeT said:

Currently I'm still struggling to find the time to re-work the bridge of the Maddox to a Vietnam era bridge. So a complete FRAM destroyer is currently not on the horizon. 

That would be amazing!

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

17 minutes ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Any chance of a RF-8 like in Thirteen Days please?

Unfortunately not right now. We do have an experimental livery for VFP-206 though, but the model is the same as the armed fighter for now:

image.png

• Like 1

There are some challenges we are working through with the Crusader mod as a fighter.  We are adressing them one by one and making progress.   Those challenges included the pylons and missle mounts on the fuselage.   We are getting closer but still a WIP.   Once we get a satisfactory result we can get a fairly good representation of a photo bird.   Unless we get a new model with the slab sides behind the cockpit photo birds will only be representative.   The camera windows on the side will be close.  The camera on the bottom will be a challenge due to the way the model textures wrap under the jet but again we can get close.   Markings after that are relatively easy and we have a few liveries that are in the pipe line.

The Thirteen Day liveries are now on the list.  Thanks for the suggestion.

As with everything else in the mod world, be patient.   Maybe "Two Weeks".

seabat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update for the Vietnam War Vessels pack. Livery updates and additions for the F-8 Crusader, folder changes to CVA-31 scripts, improved LSO position on the Bon Homme Richard, and addition of a roughMet texture to the P 4 Torpedo Boat.

Changelog:

F-8 Crusader
    - Add and update liveries by seabat to crusader (US) and crusader_np (French)
      - Philippines Air Force
      - VF-111
      - VF-162
      - VF-51
      - VF-53
      - VFP-206 Recon
      - VMF-235
      - VMF-312
      - VMF-321
      - VMF-333
      - FLT-12
      - FLT-14
    - Add experimental roughMet to texture set
    - Add more Sidewinder variants
    - Integrate pilot into model, remove pylon 7 pilot
    - Update ME screens
    - Inverse front wheel turn
    - Increase frontwheel turn ability
  CVA-31 Bon Homme Richard
    - Change LSO position
    - Add EssexRunwaysAndRoutes.lua to Database folder, to not confuse MOOSE
    - Update ME screens
  P 4 Torpedo Boat
    - Add roughMet to texture set

Available from https://github.com/tspindler-cms/tetet-vwv/releases

Enjoy,
TeTeT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, toni said:

Great Mod !  is there actually  any MP server implementing this Carrier ?

I'm not aware, but is there an MP mission where it's easy to just add the mod pack to?

2 hours ago, Chap2012 said:

So not sure if I am having a mod conflict. However, is anyone else having canopy not going down and wings not folding issues?

Can you provide some additional context? Did you try this as a player and neither the canopy opened/closed and the wings did not fold? Or did you watch the AI and they failed to do either?

1 hour ago, TeTeT said:

Can you provide some additional context? Did you try this as a player and neither the canopy opened/closed and the wings did not fold? Or did you watch the AI and they failed to do either?

Yep as a player. Ctrl C and my switch I have set up for it doesn't budge either function. 

19 hours ago, Chap2012 said:

Yep as a player. Ctrl C and my switch I have set up for it doesn't budge either function. 

So for me Canopy open/close does not work either, but  <rctrl-p> folds and unfolds the wings. We're looking into the canopy problem.

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

So for me Canopy open/close does not work either, but  <rctrl-p> folds and unfolds the wings. We're looking into the canopy problem.

Cheers,
TeTeT

I will keep testing for you as well. F8, A7, and A6 are some of my favorite jets. Full fidelity or not, I can't help but to spend a lot of time around them. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, bbtbmb said:

Where does one find the tracker? is it available? 

I'll look into seeing if it can be shared here. I can't recall what discord it came from. maybe even mine🤦‍♂️. I was on a bit of a modding break, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

So about the Tracker. Good news and bad.

The good news is I was able to code the plane as a functional AWACS aircraft. I was also able to do the same with the UK Fairey Gannet. and things were good.

Then... the 2.9 broke them😡. They will no longer take off from the deck. They do the control surface check but then just sit on the catapult and never take off. I do believe they will still take off from land. That fact that both mods are stuck on the ship leads me to think there is something wrong after the update with the way I made them AWACS mission capable.

I'll try and get them sorted this weekend

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 8