TeTeT's Vietnam War Vessels

TeTeT

4 hours ago, Beldin said:

As far as I can tell there are still a few issues to be worked out with the Bon Homme Richard to make her ready for player aircraft.

I agree that the player controlled aircraft needs more testing to see where it fails. For the initial release I did test the A-4, F/A-18 and F-14 and they worked for take-off and landing. Not quite sure what works now, besides the A-4... Room for testing, if anyone is interesting, drop me a DM!

Cheers,
TeTeT

1 hour ago, Beldin said:

I need to update to the new red hull so I’ll check take off and landing with the F-8 tonight once I do that 👍

The F-8 under player control does unfortunately not work on carriers. I tried with CVA-31 and Forrestal and got the same results on both. If you figure out how to make the plane compatible, let me know!

48 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

The F-8 under player control does unfortunately not work on carriers.

48 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

I tried with CVA-31 and Forrestal and got the same results on both.

Hmmm. Well I've only tried the F-8 on CVA-31 so I'll  check the ship with another aircraft. But very curious to see how the F-8 behaves on the Forrestal. I did not know there was even an issues with the F-8 and carriers. I just assumed the problem was with CVA-31 after I flew through the deck while trying to land. 🤷‍♂️. But I'll see if I can figure it out  

Good news is that the A-4 and F/A-18 Lot 20 can both take off and land from CVA-31. I only tested runway start but parking hot should work.

F-8 should be able to land but I never did hook a wire, only crashes and bolters, but it also may not be able to hook up. It will spawn on the deck/catapult just fine but is unable to hook up to the shuttle. If the issue is what I think it is there is unfortunately no quick fix so I'd consider the F-8 an AI asset with limited player capabilities for now 

• Like 2