Olympus - Game Master your DCS server via a Web Browser. Spawn, Command, and more.

I've just come across this over the weekend. Casmos has a youtube video for it. For those that aren't in the know and do game master roles, this might be worth checking out.

The have a discord channel at https://discord.gg/WxwtSnDk

(I am not affiliated with this in anyway - just saw that there's been no discussion of it here, so just letting people know about it).

The funniest part... it's due for public release in 2 weeks. (No trademark - legit 2 weeks). That cracked me up. 😄

But this is something I think will be a game changer for many multiplayer server administrators!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 9:51 PM, Immune said:

It has released to the general populace!  Install is painless and had no issues getting the game to interact with the server.  It all ran smooth.  Now to figure out how to login to the web UI to start using this sucker! 

I installed it today - it's single and multiplayer.

EDIT:  Installed and running.  A remarkable piece of work - huge congratulations to the coders.  If we are not permitted to talk about this on the forum please let me know...

Edited by buceador

For dedicated servers check you have inside DCS Dedicated Server folder from Users/Username/Saved Games the same files inside Mods/Services and Scripts/Hooks than your usual Saved Games/DCS Folder the instalation is placing.

Also make a rule for 3000 and 3001 on your Windows Firewall

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

On 12/30/2023 at 12:55 PM, Matt Glover said:

Hey had Olympus running just fine. Now it seems e everything I spawn disappears off the Olympus map straight away. I have installed SLmod could that have anything to do with it?

Is the server paused by any chance?

This is a very interesting app, I like the premise behind it, but it does not like my DCS install at all. I installed Olympus exactly how the instructions say, started a server, got the connection success notifications on the screen when the mission started, instant CTD every time. Tried it multiple times, tried repairing my DCS install, uninstalled and reinstalled Olympus, but still CTD every time when trying to start any kind of server. Hopefully I'll be able to use it in the future, but doesn't seem that way now. Was hoping to use it to allow my friends that don't fly to play our mission as an RTS on, but it seems that this only allows it if you use the dedicated server install, and I don't have a dedicated server running. I'll keep my eye on this, hopefully the kinks will get worked out and more functionality will be added. Also, does not seem to play well with the "Pretense Dynamic Mission," if anyone was wanting to try. 

Edit:

Seems most of my issues were being caused by a recently changed pagefile size. Please disregard most of my ramblings.

Edited by iceman14555
Found an Answer

• 2 weeks later...

installer will install in either C:\Users\UserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta or C:\Users\peter\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server (the Mods and Scripts folder). (if you copy the zip contents and not use the installer, this issue happens also). 

But the shortcuts in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Mods\Services\Olympus (that can be copied to the desktop) only references starting the config and server in DCS.openbeta. 

For dedicated server, I had to modify them to show that the files are in DCS.openbeta_server by adding the "_server" part to the shortcut "start in location"

Instructions talk about "non standard" path, but should specifically mention this above detail. Putting a server in the server folder is not non-standard. Maybe  6 shortcuts instead of 3 would help (3 for game and 3 for dedicated server would be a solution?). 

Also, there is no mention for login "Name" ... I realize now it's just a name and not a username, but why is that not specified and instead I have to guess (especially when nothing works initially and I don't have a way to learn what's causing it). 

The 3 passwords ... what are the blue and red ones for? and if choose to create the same one for all 3 how does the webpage tell which team I am on? Or the red and blue are the ones in game mission file?

Testing is currently with Pretense and Realtime TacView and seems to work great. 

I must be incredibly slow but I find the installation instructions to be very confusing. For example It says to put it in your saved games DCS folder not in saved games DC open beta folder.  I don't have DCS stable installed hence I have no DCS folder in saved games just DC open beta. I finally gave up on installing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried to install on dedicated server. Opened ports as required, set up in configurator and when connecting it just gets stuck saying connecting...Already made inbound rule for it in windows firewall and verified ports are open...Anyone have any ideas?

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals.