Bold HUD fonts and lines.

ThorBrasil

As the title already says, the hud lines and fonts have been in bold for many years. To this day it has never been corrected. Razbam did something on the Mirage 2000C that I corrected, but on ED modules and others the problem persists.

I usually reduce the resolution of the DCS to leave one side of the monitor 21:9 to create missions. And on the other side to use watching videos etc.

In reduced resolution, all HUDs are correct and easy to read. Please ED, fix this issue. Ask how razbam solved this problem with the Mirage 2000C and apply it to your modules. Thank you very much!

Screen_231208_103601.png

Screen_231208_103936.png

Screen_231208_103649.png

Screen_231208_104006.png

Screen_231208_103649.png

Screen_231208_104032.png

Screen_231208_103749.png

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

3 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Yes please, this has been a really bad inconvenience ever since I switched to ultrawide monitor. Bumping for visuals

This bug has been around for years and has never been fixed. It should be high priority. I don't believe it's that complex to fix. Please @NineLine. Pass this on to the team. Currently it is very bad to read the HUD. Thanks!

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 1 month later...

I'm checking all modules before reporting this issue. Can you please confirm the AH-64 module is not affected by this issue?

Another point I'd like to check with you guys: I think this problem is the same when zooming out. Do we agree on this?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I cannot right now confirm that Apache is not affected, buuuut when looking at Wags' videos, what I see in the video and what I see during playing is pretty much the same so I would dare to say Apache is not affected. Here's a quick comparison what I managed to scrounge through my screenshots (after the font update) and one of Wags' videos.

About the zoom, it's not affecting anything at all. Zooming in or out, lines are still "wrong" on the 21:9 aspect ratio.

myViewScreenthos.png

wagsScreenshot.png

I'm using a 3440x1440 monitor (21:9), yet when I run DCS in 2560x1440, I find HUD characters still being as bold as in 3440x1440 (I mean, in a bad way).

Here's the result of my test of recent (or recently remade) modules, using the zoom in / zoom out comparison:

Affected:

• F-16C
  • F/A-18C
  • Ka-50
  • AV-8B

Unaffected:

• AH-64
  • F-15E
  • A-10C

Example:

Here's what we have in DCS for the F-16C (screenshots were taken at different zoom levels):

DCS2.9.png

One can see the dashes slowly turn into a solid line. This should not happen.

And here's what it would look like if the boldness was constant (I duplicated the larger screenshot above and reduced its size):

manual.png

Dashes stay dashes.

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree sometimes on 21:9 to read HUDs are a struggle, even on a QD-OLED monitor...

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

• 1 month later...

I posted about this issue about 4 years ago right when the hornet got released and sad to see that it still exists. Please ED, can you fix this for those of us who play at higher resoluions? It's a pretty big issue because you're constantly lookint at the main hud. The font, lines, symbology is too thick and bold. How come the HUD on the HMD looks right. But not the main HUD? If you can get the main HUD to look as sharp and crisp as the HMD's, that would be much better.