F-18 sensor question

HoBGoBLiNzx3

With the update to datalink and the shared AG contacts now available with TXDSG between members is it possible to use the SA page and create a mark point after stepping to the shared target? Or do you have to visually slew the HMD and create one with the visible icon after stepping over it? It would seem that would be one of the most helpful features you could possibly have for sharing AG targets.....  

Edited by HoBGoBLiNzx3
  • Like 1

The MK option can only be used to create a mark point of the aircraft's current overfly position, or ownship designated TGT position. You'll have to make your own TGT over your ally's TGT.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Best way i've found to do it is to have your TGP selected, and then slew it to the position of the TXDSG on the SA page using that small box that shows the designation position.

far as i know selecting a members designation is a much later OFP than our hornet. Think it might have even been as late as the rhino 

• 3 weeks later...
Best way i've found to do it is to have your TGP selected, and then slew it to the position of the TXDSG on the SA page using that small box that shows the designation position.

far as i know selecting a members designation is a much later OFP than our hornet. Think it might have even been as late as the rhino 
The 01' weapons employment manual defines a HARPOON launch on a datalinked sea surface contact, it should be in our timeframe.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Am 8.12.2023 um 20:28 schrieb HoBGoBLiNzx3:

With the update to datalink and the shared AG contacts now available with TXDSG between members is it possible to use the SA page and create a mark point after stepping to the shared target? Or do you have to visually slew the HMD and create one with the visible icon after stepping over it? It would seem that would be one of the most helpful features you could possibly have for sharing AG targets.....  

Perhaps it is possible to Slave the TGP to this point and then mark it as MK?

On 12/31/2023 at 6:30 PM, Hobel said:

Perhaps it is possible to Slave the TGP to this point and then mark it as MK?

I don't think you can slave anything currently to the datalink points. I just gives you the ability to view them via hud/hmd and get info from the SA page. You would think that you would be able to at at least slew to a point of interest but you can't, at least to my knowledge. 

6 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Certainly not here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have some legit sources that aren't restricted by the DOD send them to someone in ED! I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for knowledge you shouldn't be sharing but it would be a big upgrade for the F-18 if it could be confirmed. Thanks for the knowledge none the less Hulk. 

• ED Team
6 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Certainly not here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it is not a source that can be shared here it is unlikely it is a source we can use. 

Please if you do have public unclassified data PM me, if not its best left. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2