AGM-154

badger7966

I hear that we are getting the AGM-154 in the next update.

This thing has a range of 70 odd miles with a random spread pattern.....I was watching some DCS F-16 vids....this is an awesome capability to have especially against SAM sites and light targets.

As far as I can tell the 97 puc monster had difficulties and was abandoned.

There is another version with a hardened bomb housed inside.....that would be nice too.

I took a look on youtube for some Mudhen AGM vids bt nothing yet...Maybe on How I Play channel soon.

It will be the 154A. They can be rather useful against SAM sites in my experience IF the burst height is set low. I usually set it to 400 ft and target the tracking radar. It will usually kill the radar and two or three launchers and/or support vehicles depending on how spread out the site is. Lower burst height keeps the bomblet pattern closer together and reduces any wind effects. With heavy armor they are pretty useless.

13 hours ago, quailman84 said:

It will be the 154A. They can be rather useful against SAM sites in my experience IF the burst height is set low. I usually set it to 400 ft and target the tracking radar. It will usually kill the radar and two or three launchers and/or support vehicles depending on how spread out the site is. Lower burst height keeps the bomblet pattern closer together and reduces any wind effects. With heavy armor they are pretty useless.

Unfortunately, there is no way to set burst height for your wingmen or AI flights, so any JSOW-As deployed by them are essentially useless, even against softer targets like radars. It is the same issue as the CBU-87, where default burst height is set at an altitude where the bomblets either drift too far off course due to wind, or disperse over so large an area they are useless.

5 hours ago, Starfire13 said:

Unfortunately, there is no way to set burst height for your wingmen or AI flights, so any JSOW-As deployed by them are essentially useless, even against softer targets like radars. It is the same issue as the CBU-87, where default burst height is set at an altitude where the bomblets either drift too far off course due to wind, or disperse over so large an area they are useless.

If I'm not mistaken, the BLU-97 in the CBU-87 don't have drag chutes so they are more useful since they drift is less.

• Like 1

I thought these were coming out this week since BD rushed them into the manual.  Didn't happen?  

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

I tried to set them up like a JDAM...but I could not change the station.....there was no cue on the HUD.....I thought they wre set up like a JDAM ?

Any hints please..... Master arm on.....Profile selected as PROG 1.....with 154 highlighted.....fuse set to N/T,this might be an issue ???

This module is getting better and better !!!

I set them up like a JDAM on the Tpod, no height, and they worked. Except when they didn't. If I had all five loaded, sometimes 2 of them just sat there asleep and would not even accept the coordinates. Probably something I'm doing wrong. But I mostly got them fire and go "Boom!" pretty easy.

Definitely need the broach version. That would be my puppy of choice.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, badger7966 said:

Whats the Broach version ?....and does the F-15E carry them ?

Maybe they are a little buggy..... no problem...it will be sorted.Ill keep trying until I get them to go BOOM !!

Thank you.

The broach version is the one with the big fat warhead instead of CBUs. The F-18 carries the broach and I can't imagine why F-15E wouldn't, but who knows. Might be some Navy vs Air Force weirdness.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, Beirut said:

The broach version is the one with the big fat warhead instead of CBUs. The F-18 carries the broach and I can't imagine why F-15E wouldn't, but who knows. Might be some Navy vs Air Force weirdness.

It is exactly that. Only the Navy ever bought them (hence the Viper also only got the A version).

• Like 1