2.9.2 OB - all AIM-120 bizarre movement/separation upon launch off the rail?

nubbins_
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

Not too sure how widespread this is (at first glance 9M/9X don't seem to behave any different compared to 2.9.1). If already reported please merge, but I didn't see any thread on this in General or Weapon Bugs.

In 2.9.1:

• F-15E belly stations: drop missile first for separation, then motor ignites shortly after
  • F-15E wing stations: motor ignites immediately 
  • F-16C all stations: motor ignites immediately 

In 2.9.2:

• F-15E all stations: now behave like they are belly stations, wing pylons will drop the missile through where drop tank would be, motor ignites delayed. Not yet sure what happens if equipping bags.
  • F-16C: Station 1 (left wingtip) floats missile upwards like gravity doesn't exist, Station 9 (right wingtip) drops the missile like it's an Eagle belly station, AMRAAM flight behaviour SUPER erratic when launched from Station 9

I don't have the Hornet so I'm not sure if the dual AMRAAM rack is affected. Gonna test SD-10 later today after I go back to 2.9.2 again.

Is my install just super borked? I find it hard to believe that no one else has noticed this super obvious behaviour in the past 6 days. Gonna get some trackfiles later as well - my clips are not taken from trackfiles though, but realtime F2 view.

I've been updating back and forth between 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 to see if I'm just doing something wrong, but behaviour is consistent.

Edited by nubbins_
  • Like 1

5800X3D - X570 Impact - 32GB - 4070 Ti Eagle - Caselabs S3 | Gunfighter Mk3 Rev.C retrofit + MCGU + 100mm / STECS Standard + SEM / WW ICP / T-rudders Mk4 / TrackIR 

13 hours ago, Flappie said:

It looks like a mod is doing this. Please attach a short DCS track. We'll see if we can reproduce the issue.

That's what I thought as well, but the only mod I really still keep around is the 120D one. It only involves changes to one file in main folder (aim120_family.lua), and each time I update between game versions, it gets replaced with a fresh copy of the vanilla file. And the changes to the .lua is strictly to the AIM-120B code section - AIM-120C as I'm using in all my tests is usually not at all affected.

Aside from that, the only other one I can think of is probably Tacview plugin and ECHO19 sounds. Earlier this year I did a complete clean and reinstall of my folders to purge it of any old mods.

I just went back to 2.9.2, is still doing the same thing on Stations 1 and 9. The strange choppy behaviour is visible from the #9 pylon launch.

new amraam bug.trk

Edited by nubbins_
  • Thanks 1

5800X3D - X570 Impact - 32GB - 4070 Ti Eagle - Caselabs S3 | Gunfighter Mk3 Rev.C retrofit + MCGU + 100mm / STECS Standard + SEM / WW ICP / T-rudders Mk4 / TrackIR 

New Openbeta update today - 2.9.2.49940 (vs 2.9.2.49629 the original 2.9.2 release). Unfortunately, issue is unchanged.

41 minutes ago, razo+r said:

I'm not seeing the behaviour that you are seeing.

Have you already tried it without the 120D mod? Mods can cause issues with things they don't even interact with.

33 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

please remove all unofficial mods to test 

thanks

Like I said, I don't run with the 120D mod after any DCS update. The only file that it changes, gets replaced clean every time - if I want to use the mod again I have to put the modded file back in, which isn't the case for all of the testing tries so far. I don't use the rest of the files (installing by .bat), I just copy some lines of code into aim120_family.lua.

I have just finished redownloading entire core install folder from scratch. Gonna clean again and try again.

Edited by nubbins_

• ED Team

I'm not seeing this behaviour on my install, let us know if your clean install works with unmodified code

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Solution

Also, remember to temporarily remove or rename your Saved Games/DCS folder. Reinstalling the core game only won't do anything good if there are still any modded leftovers in Saved Games.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Back on 2.9.2.49940 still happening on a COMPLETELY DELETED AND CLEAN install folder fully repaired multiple times 😵‍💫 what is my monke brain missing here??

@Art-J totally forgot about savedgames, unfortunately this is gonna take a lil while to backup my binds 

Edited by nubbins_

Repair, cleanup and reinstall procedures don't touch folders in Saved Games, so if there's anything "bad" left over there, it will still corrupt the game no matter how many times youy're trying to reinstall it.

As for controls backup, just make a copy your whole Confing/Input folder from Saved Games/DCS. One minute and you're done.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

21 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Repair, cleanup and reinstall procedures don't touch folders in Saved Games, so if there's anything "bad" left over there, it will still corrupt the game no matter how many times youy're trying to reinstall it.

As for controls backup, just make a copy your whole Confing/Input folder from Saved Games/DCS. One minute and you're done.

I think that did the trick, both amraams finally back to normal now. Which then begs the question........what do I have to be paranoid about reinstalling now into savedgames? It's a tossup between tacview and ECHO19

Thanks everyone for the help 🫡

I think that did the trick, both amraams finally back to normal now. Which then begs the question........what do I have to be paranoid about reinstalling now into savedgames? It's a tossup between tacview and ECHO19
Thanks everyone for the help 🫡
Just copy the folders back one by one until you find the culprit.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk