PROPS ARE GOING NUTS .WW2

SteveBevacqua

Hi -

Running the beta - just updated to 2.9.2.49629.  The propeller in the P-51 and P-47 (only ones I've checked) move back and forth (3 distinct positions) between the spinner and partway into the engine.  Doesn't really affect anything, but it's there and it's visible from the cockpit.

Running a Radeon RX 6750 XT, if that means anything.

Thanks.

propeller.jpg

-Steve Bevacqua

• Like 1

No, not experiencing it myself in 2.9.2. If you see it on other warbirds as well, it will be more of a global issue then rather than module-specific.

Kind of reminds me jittering problems people reported when DLSS, FSR, DLAA and TLAA were implemented. Do you use any of these new 2.9.xx features? I only use DLAA by the way.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

OK then, do you use any frame-generation gimmicks on gfx card driver level?

In either case, perform the usual DCS "troubleshooting trinity" and see if it helps:

1) disable and remove any unofficial mods you might be using (including the ones located in Saved Games location);

2) empty the "fxo" and "metashaders" folders in Saved Games location;

3) Run DCS repair & cleanup command to restore the game to vanilla state.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else got this going on. Its from my Sons system. 1080ti GPU, Ryzen Cpu

All mods removed, tried numerous in game settings...nothings helping.

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

to be honest....this 2.9 update has basically made my Sons system UNPLAYABLE. looks like DCS is Forcing us to spend BIG BUCKS....as each update seems to demand more and more PC power....I thought the updates were supposed to make DCS easier on our Rigs....but for sure...thats Not the Case. Pretty pissed off right now to be honest. after 6 years...its actually getting worse

• Like 2

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

I am doing this ...Again. How a massive BUG like this passes into BETA is Nuts. and I know we in Beta...but still.

3 hours ago, Art-J said:

OK then, do you use any frame-generation gimmicks on gfx card driver level?

In either case, perform the usual DCS "troubleshooting trinity" and see if it helps:

1) disable and remove any unofficial mods you might be using (including the ones located in Saved Games location);

2) empty the "fxo" and "metashaders" folders in Saved Games location;

3) Run DCS repair & cleanup command to restore the game to vanilla state.

I am thinking its older gen cards...my 2080ti is fine. Sons 1080ti is toast with last patch

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

1 hour ago, Rene Coulon said:

I am doing this ...Again. How a massive BUG like this passes into BETA is Nuts. and I know we in Beta...but stil.

It is hard to test every gpu and every gpu driver, so yes in beta things like this may slip through. If this bug related to specific gpu than it is very easy to miss this bug.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

42 minutes ago, grafspee said:

It is hard to test every gpu and every gpu driver, so yes in beta things like this may slip through. If this bug related to specific gpu than it is very easy to miss this bug.

My Son has an Nvidia 1080Ti . I have the 2080Ti, and no issues. It could be card related indeed

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

Devs need hard reference data to trace it down, however, and there's none of it posted here, apart from a guess that that 10xx cards might be the culprit. The more data the better, especially when number of guys using these cards in DCS is not high anymore.

Both of you guys should post your DCS logs, settings and dxdiags, preferrably in that other thread where it will probably be noticed by devs and testers faster.

17 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Devs need hard reference data to trace it down, however, and there's none of it posted here, apart from a guess that that 10xx cards might be the culprit. The more data the better, especially when number of guys using these cards in DCS is not high anymore.

Both of you guys should post your DCS logs, settings and dxdiags, preferrably in that other thread where it will probably be noticed by devs and testers faster.

I'll put down what I can remember about my whole..system.:

Asus P6TD Deluxe

First Gen i7 975

MSI Geforce GTX 1060

24 Gigs Corsair DDR 3

1200 W  power supply 

24" Acer it was pretty cheap

This system has worked great over the years and runs DCS fine. I mean it's playable for sure. I will get a good AMD system in the future though. I haven't run into a flock of B-17s yet on Wolf Packs server yet no matter how many times I've tried to but we will have to see how it goes when that happens  🙂

I have sent BIg newy a screen shot of my Sons settings...lets see.

AMD RYZEN 5 2600X

32 GB RAM

1080Ti GTX

850W GOLD Power supply

in 2.8 it was fantastic, even running on a 49" ultrawide, awsome picture. Them 2.9 hit and its horrible...and after the last patch...even worse

What I noticed is that as the Planes start the props are fine...then they all Jump of the shaft/engines as they reach flight RPM

Edited by Rene Coulon
added info

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

• ED Team

please attach your dcs log if you are seeing this issue. 

I have tried to reproduce with my 3090 but I am not seeing the problem

Threads merged

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
47 minutes ago, Rene Coulon said:

please disable SSAO and SSLR and see if you notice a difference. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all, 

please confirm you are all using single threaded DCS? and when you use Multithreading it is ok. 

I would suggest switching to multi threading DCS, eventually single threaded DCS will be removed from DCS. 

• ED Team
17 minutes ago, Rene Coulon said:

I am using multi threaded.

the log above says it is single threaded 

APP (Main): Command line: "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" 

If it was Multithreaded it would be APP (Main): Command line: "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\mt-bin\DCS.exe"  

My BAD !!! I had deleted the wrong shortcut on his Desktop...

Thank you , all sorted

Hope you have a wonderful New Year, wish you and the team all the very best

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb