Mission 7 - nobody takes off

Go to solution Solved by Reflected,

• Solution

DAMN! Thanks for the heads up. Looks like the AI considers the runway blocked forever just because an infantry guy crossed the OTHER runway at some point before. This is utterly stupid and it wasn't a problem for the past 6 months or so. I will report to ED.

Until then there is an easy fix: just open the mission in the editor and delete this soldier and the mission will work:

Screen_231231_092820.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m wondering about the identification letter paint.   Olive drab with D-Day stripes: the individual plane letter (the “V” for “QP-V” is painted white over a white stripe.  

Makes it hard to read.  Didn’t they use black paint for that letter? 

Edit:

image.jpeg

Edited by Tophatter14

Funny thing I’m gonna share…

Last mission I flew was 7 (RL is catching up… TDY in sight…)

I went to ME, deleted the infantryman and hit fly. Did not work. When I came back to ME the infantryman was still there. Tried that twice. On the third attempt I change his path to walk around the flak close to the threshold, but never to cross it. Then that worked.

It was a nice mission. The on the Campaign I hit skip on mission 7.

I hope it helps someone.

All the best,

Sydy 

Edited by Sydy
  • Like 1

@Sydy I'd remove that email address if I were you. Although mods are doing their best to keep this forum clean, I've noticed spambots do pop-up occasionally here and some of them will search for visible emails.

• Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

How can you access the mission to edit it? The mission planner option doesn't let me make any edits and I'm not finding anything through the normal mission editor. 

Update: Nevermind! I found them. I have DCS OpenBeta saved to an external harddrive and was looking in the wrong place. For anyone else running into this problem: 

Your Harddrive:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\P-51D Debden Eagles

Edited by WhiskyTango

On 1/4/2024 at 12:51 PM, Art-J said:

@Sydy I'd remove that email address if I were you. Although mods are doing their best to keep this forum clean, I've noticed spambots do pop-up occasionally here and some of them will search for visible emails.

Thanks a lot for the heads up. It was the autocomplete. 8-0

All the best,

Sydy 

HI All, 

I can see the fix up above - but for the life of me cannot seem to get to delete the offending infantry man from the mission editor - I cant delete anything infact.

I've tried making a copy, amending it in a separate file but then cannot resave it afterwards (was hoping to then just replace the old file with the new), I'm assuming there's protections on the file. Im not overtly experienced with the mission planner but there are no options to delete anything along the left vertical bar when I select anything. So I'm kinda stuck at the moment on this mission. 

Any advice or help in laymans terms would be appreciated! 

Happy Landings,

Rico

P.S - For someone who has always craved that extra realism in campaigns, yours are excellent Reflected. Picked up pretty much any campaign with your name on it. Excellent work and cant wait to try the rest. Your attention to detail and effort is very much appreciated.  

On 1/14/2024 at 8:57 PM, Rico320 said:

HI All, 

I can see the fix up above - but for the life of me cannot seem to get to delete the offending infantry man from the mission editor - I cant delete anything infact.

I've tried making a copy, amending it in a separate file but then cannot resave it afterwards (was hoping to then just replace the old file with the new), I'm assuming there's protections on the file. Im not overtly experienced with the mission planner but there are no options to delete anything along the left vertical bar when I select anything. So I'm kinda stuck at the moment on this mission. 

Any advice or help in laymans terms would be appreciated! 

Happy Landings,

Rico

P.S - For someone who has always craved that extra realism in campaigns, yours are excellent Reflected. Picked up pretty much any campaign with your name on it. Excellent work and cant wait to try the rest. Your attention to detail and effort is very much appreciated.  

I had this same issue. I moved the flightblock guy to take a different path over into the woods and 3x times it didnt work. 

I got it to work consistently by pressing Spacebar to send your flight lead going AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and that reproduced success