Transparent body part

Shadok

Perhaps this has already been discussed.
Currently, when the pilot's body is visible, it hides certain buttons, which means you have to make the body disappear to access them (if you haven't mapped these buttons).
I propose that, when the body is visible, the mouse creates a transparent zone on the body (similar to that of the flashlight) to make the panels hidden by the body visible.
Nothing urgent, nor vital for the simu, but I'd find it practical.
Stay alive this year!

WIshlist Guidelines:

We do not have time to read through a 30 post thread of two people arguing why something is bad, in fact most times we will just read the first post for the idea and move on from there, if there are 30 posts and a good star rating we will just assume everyone loves the idea. Yes that means that those of you that love arguing about ideas you don't like will actually help the idea get views. So if you don't like it, don't respond, give it 1 star. And be nice to each other. 

Edited by Shadok
  • Like 4

On 1/1/2024 at 7:44 AM, Shadok said:

which means you have to make the body disappear to access them

No, you can click through.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 1/1/2024 at 7:44 AM, Shadok said:

Perhaps this has already been discussed.
Currently, when the pilot's body is visible, it hides certain buttons, which means you have to make the body disappear to access them (if you haven't mapped these buttons).
I propose that, when the body is visible, the mouse creates a transparent zone on the body (similar to that of the flashlight) to make the panels hidden by the body visible.
Nothing urgent, nor vital for the simu, but I'd find it practical.
Stay alive this year!

As an option, sure, why not. But please, at least make it look like this:

MiA094.gif

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

Basically, if it could be done in a similar way RAZBAM guys have done it for the controls "ghost view", then this would be best of both worlds.

You still see the pilot body and controls, but it's transparent and you can click on the controls as if there was no body/controls rendered.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shadok said:

This option could also allow to see through the sticks. A kind of super vision giving access to buttons or screens on all panels.
With a dynamic toggle button, this would remain non-invasive.

On many modules you can click on the stick to hide it.

You could simply bind a button on your mouse to hide the body. Solved. 

Most of the pilot bodies look like muppets. They’re distractingly bad in their animations. I’ll say the F-15E one is the first I’ve seen that’s actually animated well and doesn’t look like a stick puppet. I still have it turned off all the time though. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

4 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

I’ll say the F-15E one is the first I’ve seen that’s actually animated well and doesn’t look like a stick puppet. I still have it turned off all the time though. 

Apparently you've not seen the AV8B pilot model, which is on par with the Strike Eagle.

Tomcat pilot is also pretty detailed and ED has been (and as far as I know are still) working hard improving the Hornet and Apache models.

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 1/15/2024 at 10:26 AM, Vakarian said:

Basically, if it could be done in a similar way RAZBAM guys have done it for the controls "ghost view", then this would be best of both worlds.

You still see the pilot body and controls, but it's transparent and you can click on the controls as if there was no body/controls rendered.

I don't see this option for the M2000 that I own, maybe you speack about the F15E?

A screenshot would be welcome 🙂

On 1/15/2024 at 3:08 PM, SharpeXB said:

On many modules you can click on the stick to hide it.

You could simply bind a button on your mouse to hide the body. Solved. 

Most of the pilot bodies look like muppets. They’re distractingly bad in their animations. I’ll say the F-15E one is the first I’ve seen that’s actually animated well and doesn’t look like a stick puppet. I still have it turned off all the time though. 

Personally, I prefer to fly with the pilot's body visible, as I find the animations and rendering quite satisfactory. But I understand that this may not interest you.

Edited by Shadok

On 1/15/2024 at 10:26 AM, Vakarian said:

I found a video of RAZBAM's ghost view. It's interesting, but my idea is that the pilot's body remains fully visible except for a small area where you want to modify the controls. In RAZBAM's ghost view, the pilot's body is unaffected and should disappear completely.

• Like 2