Multi-Vikhr deplyoment logic

[..6. “ДЛ-СР-КР” (Long-medium-short weapon mode switch). The 2A42 cannon has three firing modes: long burst "ДЛ", medium burst "СР", and short

burst "КОР". Use this three position switch to select the mode. This switch also controls rocket salvo amounts and if Vikhr is launched one at a time or in pairs. ...]

This is qouted from the manual. However, I miss details how this is used properly.

Most of the time when I engage tanks I'd like two depy two missiles at once. But usually when I lock a tank switch to "long" I get only one missile launched. When I then want to launch the second missile on the very same (still locked) target, my Weapon System deploys two missiles, giving the target a total of three missiles which is NOT what I want.

Can anyone help me out on this one? I must have missed something.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Make sure you keep the firing button pressed long enough. If you let go too soon you will only fire one missile regardless of the salvo setting.

Switch to Manual. I now do this as a matter of course in all situations. YOu can fire two vikhrs regardless of firing mode, just press fire again. You can also hit targets reliablly out to at least 9km, if you have a 'TA".

ALso you don't have to wait for the circles to be perfect, if your nose is anywhere close it will work.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Shouldn't really have to use Manual mode...although if you keep to within paramters then I suppose there is no harm (I'm sure the Russian Army air command would have something to say about it tho !)

Like Jigsaw said, if you have the weapon mode selector switch set to "Long" , it will launch 2 vhikrs very quickly one after the other...probably within .1 of a second of each other, but you MUST hold the button down ..if you just "click" the button, only one missle will launch.

Same goes for Burst lengths WRT Cannon and Rockets....

I do this sometimes, and it fires 2 missiles simultaneously, but one likes to drop off the laser beam and go haywire.
If your laser lock is marginal once you hold down the weapon release trigger, it may fall below the min required by the time the 2nd Vikhr gets launched. Remember your helicopter will experience a little recoil from the first launch...

I had the same problem for a while, but now, when shooting Vikhrs in "long" burst mode, I make sure I'm well stablized before shooting and I haven't experienced that problem since.

Good luck!

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Just fire them all at once - one's bound to hit! :gun_rifle:

:D

ScreenShot_008-3.jpg

ScreenShot_009-5.jpg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 2 months later...