New PC, new Install - can I copy old configs?

I have just installed OB on a new system…

Having a reasonably stocked hangar, I don’t want to start from scratch with custom controller assignments for each aircraft

will all my existing settings copy across to the new PC if I copy the user\saved games files across to the new system??

You can in principle just copy and paste the savegames folder. However, in the config/input you need to rename the input devices, since they will have a new identifier on your new system.

Easiest was to get the right names, is to first rename the savegame/dcs folder to .bak or simething and let the game create a new one. Make some random assignements to all of your devices and have a look in the config/input folder to see how they are supposed to be named. Then rename them in your backup savegames folder and switch them.

You can of course also export your controller assignements, but I never done it that way, so I can't help you with that.

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

you can use joy pro to help with  the controller move 

Holdi601/JoystickProfiler: Joystick Profiler Utility (github.com)

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

12 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

I have just installed OB on a new system…

Having a reasonably stocked hangar, I don’t want to start from scratch with custom controller assignments for each aircraft

will all my existing settings copy across to the new PC if I copy the user\saved games files across to the new system??

Yes.

Save the assignements from every module/joy you have to the folder of your choice and then, in the new system, in the controls tab, click on load config/profile and load the saved one. Should go easy.

Saludos.

Saca111