DCS ST - Mercury pod display is pitch black.

I understand the pod was changed to be more like a "night vision" pod and not an infra-red camera, but it doesn't seem to work at all now, even during a full moon, and even during the day.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I haven't used this device in a while don't know which specific update messed this up, but it might just be on my end.

Last I knew, it was only working with the MT version of the DCS exe. Is that the version of the Open Beta you’re using? You’re seeing what I was seeing before I switched to the multi-thread version.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

23 hours ago, Ironhand said:

Last I knew, it was only working with the MT version of the DCS exe. Is that the version of the Open Beta you’re using? You’re seeing what I was seeing before I switched to the multi-thread version.

You're right. It works on the MT version.

I still think it's weird for something like this to not be working on the "stable" normal version.

• 1 month later...

Attached is a video of the issue from C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe

version is 2.9.2.49940

I have also attached my log and will attach the track in the next post

dcs.log

post 2/2 track included here

this is the mission 13 named 

13. Vikhr Laser Guided Missile and Mercury Pod

tempMission.miz.trk

Edited by del13r

6 hours ago, del13r said:

Attached is a video of the issue from C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe

The log says otherwise:

2024-02-22 02:07:16.384 INFO    APP (Main): Command line: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe

This is how you can run MT in Steam:

Check this for how to change your shortcut:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You are correct, that was super confusing considering I was going into the bin-mt folder and launching the exe file from there.

I am now choosing MT Preview in Steam and it works.

Thanks for that!

Edited by del13r

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm fairly new to DCS, about 100 hours playtime. However, since the beginning of my adventure I was struggling with Su25t's night vision pod (Mercury Low Light Television). After turning it on the screen is completely black as the title says. No matter where you point it. I know it's for night only, but checked it out also during day. Same problem. The only exception being the explosions, those can be seen, but anything else - screen fully black. I'm attaching screenshots of my laptop settings as well as comparasion between Shkval and Mercury both during night and day. Just in case someone was wondering, Shkval works prefectly. Also I checked it on two different screens (pc and laptop). Has anyone else met with this problem and has knowledge how to solve it?

20240303160611_1.jpg

20240303160548_1.jpg

20240303160534_1.jpg

20240303155138_1.jpg

20240303155105_1.jpg

20240303162830_1.jpg

20240303162824_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Flappie changed the title to DCS ST - Mercury pod display is pitch black.

Exactly the same thing is happening.
Also, in the Steam version, this is a phenomenon that cannot be avoided in 2D, VR, or VR MT. At the moment, it seems to only work with the stable version of MT.