Launcher.exe has stopped working

I get this message after Black Shark worked for a month. Now I click on the Launcher.exe and I get the message "Launcher.exe has stopped working" over and over again after rebooting my PC, I keep trying....time for a re-install? Only installed Black Shark once....what is this I hear about "re-activation/re-install limit on # of times you can install?

Thank you.

I'm fairly certain you can reinstall on the same PC as much as you like on the same activation, provided nothing has changed, ie a reinstall of windows etc.

Try installing into another directory leaving your current install intact, and see how you get on.

Nate

You can reinstall BS without deactivating as long as you do not change your hardware or reinstall your operating system.

@peterjohnkerner: did you change your drivers recently? Or Catalyst AI settings if you have an ATI card? A lot of people have problems running BS with newer version 9 ATI drivers, especially with Catalyst AI set to "advanced". If so please change that setting or revert to an older driver version like 8.13 or 8.12.

Sound driver reinstall fixed it for me.

Now time to work on flying the thing. And following that, learning what all the switches do (what a change from Falcon 4 and the F16, where it was all on MFDs and if I didn't know what it meant I could probably puzzle it out from the label... :P)

I found my Event Viewer error log for this:

Faulting application Launcher.exe_unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4933f34b, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000681d1, process id 0x1488, application start time 0x01c9b648d3f9317d.

Hey Acedy, I am running a Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT with the error above -

Here is the XML version of the error:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-04-05T23:47:07.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>12186</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>VISTA</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Launcher.exe_unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>4933f34b</Data>

<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>6.0.6001.18000</Data>

<Data>4791a7a6</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000681d1</Data>

<Data>1488</Data>

<Data>01c9b648d3f9317d</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

• ED Team

It will be better to describe your hardware and software instead of XML text.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

After re-install, getting same error "Launcher.exe is not working"

By the way, a few days ago, after going through the following steps below, I get the same error message as the original problem with a "Launcher.exe is not working" error.

See all of my posts and you will see which one (most recent post).

1. Went through using the "uninstall utility" that comes with BS.

2. Deleted the "C:\Programs Files\Eagle Dynamics" folder

3. Rebooted PC

4. Re-installed BS

5. Same "Launcher.exe is not working error".

Should I keep trying to re-install it over and over again?

By the way, a few days ago, after going through the following steps below, I get the same error message as the original problem with a "Launcher.exe is not working" error.

See all of my posts and you will see which one (most recent post).

1. Went through using the "uninstall utility" that comes with BS.

2. Deleted the "C:\Programs Files\Eagle Dynamics" folder

3. Rebooted PC

4. Re-installed BS

5. Same "Launcher.exe is not working error".

Should I keep trying to re-install it over and over again?

If you are running an ATI GPU, Disable the Catalyst A.I.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

To fix this Problem, reinstall your GPU driver 9.3 or, the better Way, use the 9.4!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Are you launching DCS by double clicking the blackshark launcher in the desk or by double clicking launcher.exe in DCS folder? if you'r doing the latter (as it seems from your first post), you're doing it wrong.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

To fix this Problem, reinstall your GPU driver 9.3 or, the better Way, use the 9.4!

Made a fresh Vista install, and i'm getting this problem with 8.12 and 9.4. Haven't been using Vista with DCS before.

During install, Catalyst drivers are removed using Driver Sweeper to ensure clean install.

Strangely, the game starts for the first time i launch it after drivers reinstalling, but next time this error occures.

Found this topic, turned off Catalyst AI, and the game seems to work.

Haven't had this problem in XP and W7.

Hey Distiler,

I am Launching via the Icon for Black Shark on the Desktop of my PC.

Also, for those that help me with Catalyst ATI driver information fixes, I just wanted you to know that I have a

Nvidia GTX Pro 8500 Graphics Card.

Edited by peterjohnkerner

Peter, that confusion could have been avoided through supplying full and detailed information about your system right from the get-go - as has been asked of you a few times in the thread.

If we don't know what you have, the only thing we can do is guess at things that seem somewhat similar.

Please consider offering full and detailed information on your system components and relevant driver versions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Update

I was able to re-install BS successfully last night, but I was not able to test it because I was still burning a DVD by the time I went to bed, so I couldn't reboot, test it. If the problem continues, I will post what my system hardware and software consists of. I'll test it tonight and let you guys know! Thanks!

For the ATI owners: i've deleted ATI Tray Tools and reinstalled Catalyst 9.3 - No problems with the launcher.exe so far, after several reboots.

When someone has problems, I and others ask if there are any 3rd party utilities being used. This looks like a case where a 3rd party utility caused problems. I am familiar with Tray Tools by Ray Adams. Lots of people use that trying to not use ATI Radeon Catalytst, or use Tray Tools with Catalyst control panel.

Only reason I used it a while back was fan control when ATI refused to include fan control on their application on older video cards, hell, those cards were like the 29xx series and ATI still refused to put fan control in Catalyst software. Since then they included it.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I actually used it on my X1950 Pro, but that was a firmware error on Sapphire's behalf. Something with fan control on the card. It had a too low threshold.

Tray Tools was handy because it allowed you to set fan intervals manually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

For the ATI owners: i've deleted ATI Tray Tools and reinstalled Catalyst 9.3 - No problems with the launcher.exe so far, after several reboots.

I've reinstalled ATI TT with "smart shaders" and "default profiles" switched OFF, now everything is OK.

I'm using ATI TT because of its ability to make dynamic fan control profiles (cooling it better both at idle and full-load state), check video card stability and have graphic monitoring of different parameters, like GPU temp and load.