How long till AGM 130 integration?

apolloace

Any news of the AGM 130 coming to the Strike Eagle?

The AGM 130 is already available in the game. Seen it in the encyclopedia.

Hopefully not long now.

• Like 2

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

From Notso’s UNOFFICIAL Frequently Asked Questions – F-15E Strike Eagle for DCS Version 5 (13 Jan 2024):

A: According to RB per several Discord, and other Social media posts - the “UNOFFICIAL”
Roadmap / Priorities for completing Early Access are as follows:
Fixing General Bugs
Fixing JDAM Bugs
WCMD
AGM-130
GBU-15
TSD
SIT (Hopefully this gets moved up in the priority – TBD)
Mavericks
**GBU-28 and GBU-27 will be added during EA at some point, but it’s unclear where these fall in the timeline.

AGM-130 Part of EA - AGM-130C9 supposedly is already complete by ED, awaiting integration by RB into the jet.

It also make sense to do AN/AXQ-14 DL pod first, before adding AGM-130.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 2/5/2024 at 5:26 PM, Ignition said:

The weapon model is an older version, we should get the newer one with the new camera.

The current model has been there longer than the SE has been released for if I remember rightly?

2 hours ago, bfr said:

The current model has been there longer than the SE has been released for if I remember rightly?

It may be, I don't know. For sure the GBU-15 is the older one lol, it needs a serious 3D upgrade.

I hope RB or ED make the newer 3D model of the 130 with the correct camera, which will be correct for the AGM-130C 9.

Also I hope they can make the A version (MK84) and the IR version for night operations because 1 type of weapon limits the amount of missions it can do severely.

32 minutes ago, Ignition said:

It may be, I don't know. For sure the GBU-15 is the older one lol, it needs a serious 3D upgrade.

I hope RB or ED make the newer 3D model of the 130 with the correct camera, which will be correct for the AGM-130C 9.

Also I hope they can make the A version (MK84) and the IR version for night operations because 1 type of weapon limits the amount of missions it can do severely.

Certainly some of the pre-release teaser footage featured it on the jet (but never showed it being used) so its definitely not just appeared recently. I vaguely remember some people taking that and its presence as a game asset to incorrectly believe it was going to be a useable thing at release or shortly after.

It'd be certainly nice to have another decent standoff weapon in the game though, which seems to be mostly limited to stuff exclusive to the Hornet currently (i'm very deliberately not counting the A version of the JSOW for the Eagle and Viper as its of such limited use).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bfr said:

It'd be certainly nice to have another decent standoff weapon in the game though, which seems to be mostly limited to stuff exclusive to the Hornet currently (i'm very deliberately not counting the A version of the JSOW for the Eagle and Viper as its of such limited use).

The Hornet and Jeff both have datalinked man-in-the-loop cruise missiles, though I'll readily admit that Hornet's implementation seems more effective.

But overall I think Jeff takes the cake, because it has LS-6 glide bombs*, AND the by far most effective, at least against any kinds of units, A-G weapon in the game, the GB-6 SFW**, and you also get the GB-6 HE unitary bomb, same delivery vehicle but one big bomb (1500 pounds total, so guessing about 1000 pound bomb weight).

JSOW-A in the F-15E, F-16C and F/A-18C are indeed really disappointing, and that applies to the basic GB-6 from the Jeff as well, which is effectively the same as the JSOW.

*Basically winged JDAMs with potentially 40+ nautical mile range, come in 250, 500 and 1000 pound classes, or 100 kg, 250 kg and 500 kg, the two smaller ones can be dual racked for a total of up to 6 very long range bombs in the 500-1000 pound class.

**Basically a winged, GPS guided CBU-97/105 with even more pucks on board and a range of 30+ nautical miles.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb jubuttib:

But overall I think Jeff takes the cake, because it has LS-6 glide bombs*, AND the by far most effective, at least against any kinds of units, A-G weapon in the game, the GB-6 SFW**, and you also get the GB-6 HE unitary bomb, same delivery vehicle but one big bomb (1500 pounds total, so guessing about 1000 pound bomb weight).

And it also has MITL cruise missiles. 

1 hour ago, BigBorner said:

And it also has MITL cruise missiles. 

Yes, hence the first sentence: "The Hornet and Jeff both have datalinked man-in-the-loop cruise missiles" 😃

EDIT: Man I hate that this converts smileys into emoji, is there a way to turn that off?

Edited by jubuttib
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb jubuttib:

Yes, hence the first sentence: "The Hornet and Jeff both have datalinked man-in-the-loop cruise missiles" 😃

EDIT: Man I hate that this converts smileys into emoji, is there a way to turn that off?

Ohh. I missread that somehow for F-16. sry

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jubuttib said:

The Hornet and Jeff both have datalinked man-in-the-loop cruise missiles, though I'll readily admit that Hornet's implementation seems more effective.

JSOW-A in the F-15E, F-16C and F/A-18C are indeed really disappointing, and that applies to the basic GB-6 from the Jeff as well, which is effectively the same as the JSOW.

*Basically winged JDAMs with potentially 40+ nautical mile range, come in 250, 500 and 1000 pound classes, or 100 kg, 250 kg and 500 kg, the two smaller ones can be dual racked for a total of up to 6 very long range bombs in the 500-1000 pound class.

**Basically a winged, GPS guided CBU-97/105 with even more pucks on board and a range of 30+ nautical miles.

Fair. I'd completely forgot about the Jeff.

And mentioning the small LS-6s reminds me that the SDB should be fun when those eventually arrive for the SE (which might be a while yet).

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 11:40 AM, draconus said:

It also make sense to do AN/AXQ-14 DL pod first, before adding AGM-130.

Its already in the game.

The actual interface I assume will come when we get a weapon that can use it.

image.png

Edited by Swift.
  • Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

lol, before wanting new weapons there are plenty of things before like the datalink which makes this plane a horror to play on servers where there are a lot of people, people always want new weapons without the base being implemented. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ignition said:

OMG another datalink post... 🤢

The priorities for some are questionable to others.

Different kind of datalink. This is about the weapon datalink pod (Like what the hornet needs to guide SLAM-ERs/Walleyes), not the 'show me everything Overlord sees' mission datalink.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LorenLuke said:

Different kind of datalink. This is about the weapon datalink pod (Like what the hornet needs to guide SLAM-ERs/Walleyes), not the 'show me everything Overlord sees' mission datalink.

He was talking about JTIDS/Link16, not AGM-130/GBU-15 datalink

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 11:31 AM, mobile83 said:

before wanting new weapons there are plenty of things before like the datalink which makes this plane a horror to play on servers where there are a lot of people

What kind of horror?

You mean like mission creator (USAF) forgot to provide CAP for the strikers? Or put the F-15E in the air superiority role? Or was it just the usual mosh pit for MP scoring?

• Like 4

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 2/12/2024 at 9:54 AM, draconus said:

What kind of horror?

You mean like mission creator (USAF) forgot to provide CAP for the strikers? Or put the F-15E in the air superiority role? Or was it just the usual mosh pit for MP scoring?

no, I mean for real players, you know, not those who do missions with 4 planes and think they're super strong, I'm talking about a server where there are planes on all sides, north, south, east, opposite, with allies and enemies, and about 50 planes in the air.

sure, creating a server with enemies to the north and enemies to the south, you can't understand what we're talking about, leave things like that to the big players, besides there's never any f15e on growling

On 2/17/2024 at 11:19 AM, mobile83 said:

I'm talking about a server where there are planes on all sides, north, south, east, opposite, with allies and enemies, and about 50 planes in the air.

So the usual mosh pit. I can't imagine any organized conflict in that setup.

• Like 1

no, I mean for real players, you know, not those who do missions with 4 planes and think they're super strong, I'm talking about a server where there are planes on all sides, north, south, east, opposite, with allies and enemies, and about 50 planes in the air.

sure, creating a server with enemies to the north and enemies to the south, you can't understand what we're talking about, leave things like that to the big players, besides there's never any f15e on growling

I think war thunder forums are a better fit for you.

• Like 2

F-16 is for You then. F-15E is almost useless on servers like this, you lose precious seconds to cooperate with built in EWR, when everyone sees you on the datalink.

• Like 1

:pilotfly: