Mi24 search and rescue with ARK U2 & R828 not working

DST

I set up a training mission with a unit sending emergency signal 50 Mhz FM with sound file on loop, and want to catch signal with r828 radio. I followed every step from chuck´s guide, but don´t get any signal from ground unit. Works fine with Huey and Mi8 but no success with Mi24. Mission is attached below. Is this bugged or what do I miss?? Preset channel 7 for 50 Mhz is supposed to work, is it?

CaucasusMi24RadioTest.miz

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

It works for me. There is some message in Japanese (?).

My checklist:

obraz.png

I have noticed that the label for SPU-8 is misleading:

obraz.png

R-828 is the third setting, not the fourth. It's just the mouse hover label, the English cockpit is fine.

@Flappie

Edited by Jascha

Yes, the ogg. file is japanese bingo from F16, I couldn´t find different file for use 🙂

What is "radio trigger" on the cyclic? There is nothing like that in chuck´s guide?

51 minutes ago, DST said:

Yes, the ogg. file is japanese bingo from F16, I couldn´t find different file for use 🙂

What is "radio trigger" on the cyclic? There is nothing like that in chuck´s guide?

First stage is ICS, second stage is radio. That’s what radio trigger does 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

OK, thank you for the anwers, turns out, I did not press the "squelch" button long enough 🙄

What I find strange though is, there seems to be either audio signal or compass needle pointing, not both at the same time. If ADF-VHF 2 Source Selector is in the middle you get audio signal but no HSI needle pointing, when ADF-VHF 2 Source Selector is in FWD position you get no audio signal but HSI needle is pointing in the right direction. In Mi-8 you can get both. Is this supposed to be like that in Mi24?

30 minutes ago, DST said:

OK, thank you for the anwers, turns out, I did not press the "squelch" button long enough 🙄

What I find strange though is, there seems to be either audio signal or compass needle pointing, not both at the same time. If ADF-VHF 2 Source Selector is in the middle you get audio signal but no HSI needle pointing, when ADF-VHF 2 Source Selector is in FWD position you get no audio signal but HSI needle is pointing in the right direction. In Mi-8 you can get both. Is this supposed to be like that in Mi24?

From reading Mi-24V manual book 1 dated 1987 this seems to be the case. Intended procedure is to heat audio signal first using SPU-8, then switch to COMPASS for guidance to the beacon once you hear the correct audio signal

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg