Mirage F1 Redone Textures

Kerbo 416

Hello all, The Mirage F1 is one of the cold war modules I fly the most, however I had an issue with the textures as I felt that they were too flat and pixelated. thus I took it upon myself to redo the textures as best I can. this is still very WIP but the list of improvements and work left to do can be seen below. in the meantime here are a few WIP images.

This work is done in a more general fashion then my usual liveries in the hopes that I can provide a template in the end for users to create their own liveries with the new textures, the camos and the lines are the same from the original template provided by Aergas but heavily modified, while the labels have not been modified.

Enjoy~

List of Improvements:

• Entirely New Roughmets to give the aircraft depth and detail
  • Entirely New Normal maps (possibly in 8k if storage space permits) to remove the pixelated lines and add, depth detail and realism
  • Entirely New Weathering which includes oil leaks, panel wear, and paint wear integrated with the Roughmet
  • Heavily modified Panels and rivets to remove the pixels around the panels and reduce the strength to something that is more comparable to real life

List of WIP items that need to be completed:

• Removal of seams and other errors
  • Underside weathering
  • Horizantal stab. weathering + RMs
  • Improve normals, especially on the fuselage
  • Apply changes to other variants (EE, BE)

Here are some images and comparison gifs:

Comparison GIFs

eHEYJzv.gifk9l4aJz.gif

Ingame Screenshots:

KV3qZRz.pngKLPMATS.png037ISOa.png9FHGVEU.pngmUocgg4.pngKfgqNkW.pngVktICRf.pngNs6IbN4.pngfFTIJgr.png

Edited by Kerbo 416
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Looking forward to trying your work when finished 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Very nice work, really looking forward to try it out, both this one and the upcoming from the developers!

One thing though, I think the underside should be aluminium and not light grey for this particular skin?

I asked about this some time ago:

On 2/16/2024 at 1:33 PM, Vibora said:

FYI, we are working on new textures since long ago and they will be released soon.

Can't wait! 🥰

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

41 minutes ago, lengro said:

Very nice work, really looking forward to try it out, both this one and the upcoming from the developers!

One thing though, I think the underside should be aluminium and not light grey for this particular skin?

I asked about this some time ago:

you are probably right, I think it's silver paint. but RN the focus isn't on the livery so much as it is on the textures in general.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this looks amazing, i cant wait to get this!

• Like 1

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM