I'm on Open Beta, but Updater wants to update to Stable Version

Go to solution Solved by danvac,

I'm on Open Beta 2.9.2.49629 wanting to update to Open Beta 2.9.2.49940.

When I start the DCS updater, it asks if I want to update to DCS 2.9.3.51704 which is the latest stable version.

I am using the MT version of open beta.

I also noticed that when I start DCS Open Beta, it doesn't ask for an update as it usually does if there is an update.

1 hour ago, danvac said:

It still exists technically, it's just running on the same version as the stable now, which is why the OpenBeta installation of @speedbird5 wants to update to the same version that the stable is running on.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

21 hours ago, QuiGon said:

It still exists technically, it's just running on the same version as the stable now, which is why the OpenBeta installation of @speedbird5 wants to update to the same version that the stable is running on.

Can I Delete both DCS OpenBeta and Savegame Openbeta versions and just have the Stable versions?  Thanks TC

Edited by too-cool

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Yes you can, as both are just duplicates of each other at this point. Unless you have something very specific in your open beta saved games you want to keep and copy to your stable, ie. custom skins, replay tracks, missions, logbook, control settings maybe etc.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

6 hours ago, too-cool said:

Can I Delete both DCS OpenBeta and Savegame Openbeta versions and just have the Stable versions?  Thanks TC

If you have both, the OpenBeta and the Stable installed, then you can uninstall the OpenBeta as it's just redundant now.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks Guys.  TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 7:21 PM, QuiGon said:

@QuiGon How would i "convert" my current OpenBeta version to Stable ?  Or do I have to install the Stable version and then delete the OpenBeta version ?

You are on the stable version, as it is the only version now.
The folder names on the file system have deliberately not been changed as part of the update so it will still say 'OpenBeta'.

There is a post somewhere where they say this will be addressed in a future version.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

You are on the stable version, as it is the only version now.
The folder names on the file system have deliberately not been changed as part of the update so it will still say 'OpenBeta'.

There is a post somewhere where they say this will be addressed in a future version.

@AdrianL  Ok I'll leave it for now and wait for the future version.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:26 AM, speedbird5 said:

@QuiGon How would i "convert" my current OpenBeta version to Stable ?  Or do I have to install the Stable version and then delete the OpenBeta version ?

Use the Windows command line to run the dcs_updater located in your DCS World/bin folder with this command:

dcs_updater.exe update @release

But again, that doesn't make any practical difference anymore since Stable and Open Beta are running on the same version now. So I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve?

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg