Minor cockpit model issues.

Aernov

Not critical by any means and you need to look for most of them to notice, but still wound be nice to have those fixed eventually.

1) Cockpit ventilation duct not connected to the wall:

cockpit vent duct not touching cockpit wall.jpg

2) Hydraulic hand pump base not modeled. This one is pretty noticeable:

hyd hand pump handle not connected to anything.jpg

3) Pilot O2 supply hose end visible, and possibly only half of it is modeled in places (couldn't it's end be hidden under the seat somewhere?)

O2 supply hose end visible.jpg

4) Primer handle base has no thickness

primer attachment panel has no thickness.jpg

5) Rudder pedals wire guide wheels lower portion is missing (on both sides, visible with full rudder deflection), and there's no wire groove on the wheels (how the wire is supposed to stay on them without it?)

rudder wire guide wheels missing lower side and wire groove L.jpgrudder wire guide wheels missing lower side and wire groove R.jpg

6) Some tubes and wires behind front dash have visible ends (only if you try to look behind the panel)

tubes behind front panel.jpg

7) No visible holes (or texture imitations of holes) present in armor plate for control wires

wires through armor plate.jpg

Also, shouldn't there be more detailing on left rear portion of cockpit wall? Some photos show info plaques and panels with screws. And external tank selector base (cylinder protruding from the cockpit floor) has no "attachment" to the floor, it just sticks out. Aren't there a visible square plate at the cylinder's base bolted to the floor?

Some of those look like some polygon count lowering for performance purposes, but it'd nice to have them "fixed" if possible, at least the most glaring ones.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The control wire pulleys have shrouds over them I think. (To keep the pilot's clothes, wires, etc from getting stuck in them.) The grooved wheel would be within that shroud. You can see the slot letting the wire reach the wheel on the rear, bottom.

18 minutes ago, SMH said:

The control wire pulleys have shrouds over them I think. (To keep the pilot's clothes, wires, etc from getting stuck in them.) The grooved wheel would be within that shroud. You can see the slot letting the wire reach the wheel on the rear, bottom.

Makes sense, and looking at photos and videos confirms this. But then, shouldn't those shrouds be fixed (non-rotating)? In-game they are rotating with the cable movement and I didn't notice any apertures for the cable to enter/exit the shroud.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...