In multiplayer servers with DL donors, ownship is displayed as a seperate DL track.

Go to solution Solved by Rissala,

To reproduce the bug:

-Join any MP server with DL donors available.

-Turn on L16

-Takeoff so a donor sensor (surv or/and F/F donor) can see you.

-Observe that ownship is displayed as a seperate track cocentrically with your ownship location on the SA page and on other DL enabled pages such as the radar page.

The datalink should automatically filter out your own DL track and not display it to yourself. This issue only affects multiplayer.

image.png

(the SA page is displaying myself to me)

No track, as this is easier replicated with steps above.

• Like 1

• Rissala changed the title to In multiplayer servers with DL donors, ownship is displayed as a seperate DL track.
  • ED Team

Hi, @Rissala

I've tested this in the conditions you set up and couldn't reproduce the issue you describe. I tried in both a local MP server and a dedicated one.

Do you have any mods installed? 

If you can reproduce it, make sure to create a track and we'll have a look at the conditions.

Screen_240412_143223.jpg

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 4:34 PM, Lord Vader said:

Hi, @Rissala

I've tested this in the conditions you set up and couldn't reproduce the issue you describe. I tried in both a local MP server and a dedicated one.

If you can reproduce it, make sure to create a track and we'll have a look at the conditions.

Screen_240412_143223.jpg

Hi,

Actually it looks like you are not seen by any sensors. This is issue happens on every flight, every time so I doubt that its random. Also, I don't think its replicable on tracks since its a MP only bug. seems like its not random, but not consistent either. see solution

Edited by Rissala
  • Like 1

nullss.png

@Lord Vader can I DM you this trackfile on Discord?

Tried making a new MP track but its too large to post here. The issue is very much replicable on all servers. Just make sure you have L16 on and you are seen by friendly donors.

• Like 1

In some tests when I was in the blind spot of awacs the onw ship link disappeared.   Here is an example from the MP Server Buddy Spike pg Modern.   What the exact trigger is is still a mystery to me, I couldn't reproduce it in the sp 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hobel said:

In some tests when I was in the blind spot of awacs the onw ship link disappeared.   Here is an example from the MP Server Buddy Spike pg Modern.   What the exact trigger is is still a mystery to me, I couldn't reproduce it in the sp 

Thanks for the comment. I have seen this happen even without AWACS but only when friendly sensors are picking me up.

I have noticed this problem more often now. I realized that the only thing you can do to fix it is to delete the client slot from the ME and then add it back again. Then it will work.

I have a case where I had to delete all the slots and re-add them again just for that issue.

Still have a backup of it, but it's not in the ED standard with Caucasus and a couple of stuff at max.

Also worth noting, the issue is only on the dedicated server.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Lekaa:

I have noticed this problem more often now. I realized that the only thing you can do to fix it is to delete the client slot from the ME and then add it back again. Then it will work.

I have a case where I had to delete all the slots and re-add them again just for that issue.

Still have a backup of it, but it's not in the ED standard with Caucasus and a couple of stuff at max.

Also worth noting, the issue is only on the dedicated server.

Ah, okay, that might explain it. 
Also that it's not visible on some servers. 

So if servers are still using "old" f16/18 they just need to be recreated it, in the ME and the error doesn't appear?  

I hope that's it.

Are these "old" f16/18 in your miz?

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hobel said:

Ah, okay, that might explain it. 
Also that it's not visible on some servers. 

So if servers are still using "old" f16/18 they just need to be recreated it, in the ME and the error doesn't appear?  

I hope that's it.

Are these "old" f16/18 in your miz?

Yes, we did a mission 2 days ago and that was on all the hornets and f16 so I opened the miz and saw that there was nothing wrong. All though my mate who did the mission had changed the STN to the tail number of the plane so we had 00400 and 00300 and so on, they were all effected.

I tried to play with the STN to see if the problem got away and everything I tried, I tried it on a dedicated. Nothing I did with the STN helped. Only thing that worked was delete the client slots but before deleting them I copied the current one and them deleted the old. 

Also I tried to change the STN on the new copied one and we had the issue again so it's something to do with that but not only. 

Edited by Lekaa

Not specifically ownship related, so it may not be the same issue that OP reports, but this happens all the time in MP with other humans. I haven't had time to reproduce into a short track:

image.png?ex=662d7806&is=661b0306&hm=c55

Edited by Ahmed
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 3:34 PM, Lord Vader said:

Hi, @Rissala

Screen_240412_143223.jpg

That is not the Link16. push the D/L twice, and then "ON" it should say "127 ON"
Never the less it's ON according to the MFD.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

On 4/13/2024 at 1:19 AM, Lekaa said:

11 hours ago, Ahmed said:

Not specifically ownship related, so it may not be the same issue that OP reports, but this happens all the time in MP with other humans. I haven't had time to reproduce into a short track:

It is possible that the conditions for this bug are as stated by @Lekaa. It makes sense that this bug only occurs with "old" F/A-18C and F-16C slots since there has been a datalink rework lately. All of the servers I fly on, are dynamic campaigns which means that its likely that all slots are from older .miz files (1 year <). This would also explain why it cannot be replicated on SP. (new slots)

I think the solution is to somehow force all F/A-18 and F-16C client slots to use the new version in older .miz files.

Edited by Rissala

It would make more sense if ED put a stop for such a thing from their end that this can not ever happen.  there is also issues with spawning in f18/f16/f15c using moose. They will be double in the link network. 

Edited by Lekaa

Am 13.4.2024 um 00:32 schrieb Lekaa:

Trackfile https://easyupload.io/q567xs

Miz to test it on ( do it on a dedicated ) : https://easyupload.io/hhskyy

Thanks I could finally reproduce it with this miz!

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Lekaa:

It would make more sense if ED put a stop for such a thing from their end that this can not ever happen.  there is also issues with spawning in f18/f16/f15c using moose. They will be double in the link network. 

So for new F18/16 too?   What do I have to set in the f16/f18 so that the own data link is displayed, when I test it with new ones I have not yet been able to reproduce this.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Lekaa:

Set the STN to something like 0040 but if it still works correct, then it's something else. Might be old miz. 

Okay if it only happens with the old miz it should only be limited to "old" f16/18 and new ones fix it completely?

Thx! 🙂

• Like 2

@NineLine i wish when you make a report for this if it will be reported that you tell the team to have a failsafe that hinders this from happening. Also say to the team that this issue is only on the dedicated server platform. 

I have reported earlier that when spawning AI units also in the dedicated server using moose, they will also be doubled in the LINK system both on the SA page and on the radar page. Even though you have trackfile, then you will have 1 trackfile and 1 doner and its still the same  contact. All this began when the new Link16 system.