Mi-24 is way too strong

I've had multiple situations where a Mi-24 (AI, not player) survives multiple missile impacts. A few days ago, it survived two AIM-9x hits from above on the main rotor and a full gun blast from the side. That thing is a flying bunker. Not realistic. The same for the Mi-8 btw. Please make the Mi-24 less strong.

Edited by [31st] Spider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, [31st] Spider said:

I've had multiple situations where a Mi-24 survives multiple missile impacts. A few days ago, it survived two AIM-9x hits from above on the main rotor and a full gun blast from the side. That thing is a flying bunker. Not realistic. The same for the Mi-8 btw. Please make the Mi-24 less strong.

i guess you are in bad forum, for Ah64 Apache is somewhere else. Btw, Mi-24 have 14 tons, its called "the flying tank for reason"

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I flew Coop yesterday a soldier ak47 got credited for killing me. Suddenly it just vibrated me to the dirt. I guess there was a rpg soldier there too. But the ak 47 got the credit

😄 you are not the spider, they are strong AF 😄

• Like 1

Flying tank or not. Whenever i encounter a mi24 in my F16, a single sidewinder hitting it full on, NEVER, brings down this helicopter. So i now know i always have to fire at least 2 missiles. More often than not, even a second full on hit still isn't enough, and the thing just keeps on flying. These are always AI btw. Would that make a difference? It really shouldn't.

But anyway, yeah i agree, the thing is disproportionally strong. A full on missile hit should not be survivable by any rotor, let alone two.

• Like 1

Hinds are as strong as Apaches when made into enemies?

If you inadvertently make an Apache appear in the mission generator, the Hellfire will pour down like a demon and destroy the Red Army.

• Like 1

CPU:Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz

Mother Board:Asrock Z77Extreme6

Memory:G.SKILL DDR3-2133 16GB

Graphic Card:AMD HD7970 1125/1575MHz

Display:Eyefinity / Square x3

18 hours ago, [31st] Spider said:

I've had multiple situations where a Mi-24 survives multiple missile impacts. A few days ago, it survived two AIM-9x hits from above on the main rotor and a full gun blast from the side. That thing is a flying bunker. Not realistic. The same for the Mi-8 btw. Please make the Mi-24 less strong.

2 hours ago, nighteyes2017 said:

Flying tank or not. Whenever i encounter a mi24 in my F16, a single sidewinder hitting it full on, NEVER, brings down this helicopter. So i now know i always have to fire at least 2 missiles. More often than not, even a second full on hit still isn't enough, and the thing just keeps on flying. These are always AI btw. Would that make a difference? It really shouldn't.

But anyway, yeah i agree, the thing is disproportionally strong. A full on missile hit should not be survivable by any rotor, let alone two.

Are you’ve flying against AI or player aircraft? Big difference 

• Like 3

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

This sounds like AI, and it's been around for probably 15 years. Those AI Hinds are extremely rugged. I'd venture to guess they have to be considering how much they like flying into enemy AI weapons.

Edited by randomTOTEN
  • Like 3

My experience with AI is mostly with the Mi-8.

If I get hit and lose part of the rotor, I have about 30 seconds to get on the ground.

AI Mi-8 can shake like a wet dog for 20 minutes and fly.

So, player Mi-24 is not too strong.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Are you’ve flying against AI or player aircraft? Big difference 

This is a damn fact. I am fond flying the hind. But I am also fond of shooting it down. So I am not biased 

Edited by LuseKofte

Yes, flying against AI's. So judging from what i'm reading here, Player and AI mi24's have different damage models? Kinda weird, but alright then. So would it be possible then to modify the AI damage? Because it seems very much overpowered.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, nighteyes2017 said:

Yes, flying against AI's. So judging from what i'm reading here, Player and AI mi24's have different damage models? Kinda weird, but alright then. So would it be possible then to modify the AI damage? Because it seems very much overpowered.

ED has to do it. In addition, there are two Mi-24 AI models. A 24V and a newer 24P. They may act differently 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 4/18/2024 at 10:27 PM, martin.kloubek said:

i guess you are in bad forum, for Ah64 Apache is somewhere else. Btw, Mi-24 have 14 tons, its called "the flying tank for reason"

That is why one Grom, Igla, Stinger IRL today is usually enough to take it down. In afghanistan, most of them fell down from one stinger only. Sorry. But there are no indestructible choppers, and unsinkable ships. They can sustain considerable amount of small arms fire, but nothing else.

AI - Mi-24 (and only AI) is too strong. But generally all AI are a bit too strong:

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Many helicopters in DCS have some serious DM issues. One example: in DCS, both the Mi-24P and Mi-8 have a very solid tail (the Mi-8 beats the Mi-24P by far, but still). These nearly indestructible tails act as a shield when you attack these helicopters from behind. I reported this issue a few weeks ago.

There are other issues, and I'm working to identify them clearly and report them.

Oh, and don't forget people, it's better to report an issue with DCS tracks attached.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.