Rise Of Flight release

VireVolte_tigrou

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Release for Russia and CIS, that is.

When all hardcopies are sold, the digital download for the rest of the world will be available. No date, no price, no final word on content.

I just hope it will work out better than the staggered release did for BlackShark. Hopefully the demo will be out soon, too, to compensate.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

i think its a great sim.....

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

It is a very controversial sim due its distribution strategy. Frankly speaking I dislike it. And if it is a future of all computer gaming I dislike it ever more.

Release for Russia and CIS, that is.

When all hardcopies are sold, the digital download for the rest of the world will be available. No date, no price, no final word on content.

I just hope it will work out better than the staggered release did for BlackShark. Hopefully the demo will be out soon, too, to compensate.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=680848&postcount=207

For Russia and CIS they planned release 15000 jewel DVDs (flyable Fokker D.VII and SPAD XIII) and 2000 collection boxes (flyable Fokker D.VII, SPAD XIII, and Nieuport 17). An on-line purchasing of additional aircraft — Albatros D.V и Nieuport 28 — will be available later in May.

PS

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=682093&postcount=255

…and bombers in Autumn. No cavalry and infantry modeled yet.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=682105&postcount=256

For high quality graphics you must have 4Gb RAM and 1Gb VRAM, but for medium graphics and about 15-20 planes in combat CoreDuo 2.6 GHz, 4 Gb, 8800 512 Mb should be enough.

Edited by Namenlos Ein

He Namenlos Ein (..and all others who have it), can we count on a little review in english with a lot of screenshots and vids the next days after release?!:smilewink:

Here the posts with screenshots, if you like it.

P.S.

При установке необходимо будет сразу же скачать патч - 200мб.

I.e. right after installation you'll need to download a [1st] patch about 200 MB, and it is possible through the installed game interface only (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=686836&postcount=351).

Edited by Namenlos Ein
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

Check out this thread over at SimHQ:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2720336/Screenshot_request_for_Gr_Vipe.html#Post2720336

Gr.Viper also makes some statements about performance of the game and stuff.

Also check out this thread:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2719683/1.html

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 5 weeks later...
Rise of flight drops in north america tomorrow!

OH YEAH! Who's in?

There is a bit of controversy about Neoqb's DRM over at SimHq. Here are a couple of topical links

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2739665/1.html

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2739680/1.html

I have to say that I've canceled my RoF order until a later time. One over-riding issue as to why is this: if Neoqb goes out of business, RoF won't work on my pc, not even offline play. I'd be left with a coaster and a pretty box. Makes me nervous.

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Well buy the sim that way you participate to help the devs... all flight combat sims are on the same bowl...

Do you mean help them as in help them change their minds about the DRM thing? Is it not valid to vote with my wallet, and voice my concerns? I'm not trying to pick an arguement here, but RoF is not (yet) going to get my support (sadly for me) until I can find an acceptable comfort level. That comfort level at the moment means if I buy it I own it and it's playable beyond the demise of Neoqb (like other sims whose developers are no longer around).

Flyby out

I appreciate you guys posting info about this, as I was not aware of Rise Of Flight. I've pre-ordered a copy.

As far as DRM goes, I don't really like it either but if we don't support these niche companys that are creating these sims, they will die out entirely. Then what will we do?

The game looks superb from what I can see and looks like the release date is set for June 17th, 2009. Finally a successor to Red Baron 3D!

Do you mean help them as in help them change their minds about the DRM thing? Is it not valid to vote with my wallet, and voice my concerns? I'm not trying to pick an arguement here, but RoF is not (yet) going to get my support (sadly for me) until I can find an acceptable comfort level. That comfort level at the moment means if I buy it I own it and it's playable beyond the demise of Neoqb (like other sims whose developers are no longer around).

Flyby out

I'm 100% with you on this Flyby, they choose to take that route and if they fail because of that decision thats tough on all of us, I love the era but no way am I going to pay to play on line only, so it fell off my shopping list as soon as I read that.

Unlikely they will change their minds from what I have read from them on their site, so it strikes me they are not listening to their core customers and we all pay the price for that - I doubt they will be around long, sadly.

:(

God damn it.

I live in what could be described as the swedish version of Siberia, and my net connection suffers as a result through a very unreliable DNS server.

Someone know if the system relies on IP-only or would I have to rely on my WAN working properly? My wireless does have a fully functional DNS but it's a hazzle to use since it requires lifting it out of my laptop bag and plugging it in to my stationary - and then disconnecting the main broadband line to make Windows less confused. (Not being able to reliably handle multiple connections... Ffff...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm 100% with you on this Flyby, they choose to take that route and if they fail because of that decision thats tough on all of us, I love the era but no way am I going to pay to play on line only, so it fell off my shopping list as soon as I read that.

Unlikely they will change their minds from what I have read from them on their site, so it strikes me they are not listening to their core customers and we all pay the price for that - I doubt they will be around long, sadly.

:(

Welcome to what I call the wait-and-see Mafia. ;)

Flyby out

Remind me a bit of this on teh news today..

NewClouds.jpg

This June 20, 2006 photo provided on Monday, June 8, 2009 and taken by Jane Wiggins from a downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa office building shows what may become the first new cloud type to be recognized by scientists since 1951

Fly it like you stole it..