Black Shark Manual Hard Copy

Yea I missed that part where he offered replacements, well i either missed it or read the thread ages ago and forgot about it but its good to see that TFC is takin care of customers :)

I know all to well about how bad some delivery companies can be, I had to send back some pc parts because the box that they were in had been squashed so bad that a good few components inside the box had been totally destroyed, broken caps and cracked pcb's, that being said, I always ship with DHL nowadays as I havent had a single problem with them and everything they have delivered to me has arrived in perfect shape and I get parcels from them on a weekly to twice weekly basis, so they are my fav shippers at the moment :)

I tell you who isnt the greatest for shipping or wasnt, I abandoned them about 5-6 years ago due to it, the military book club, damn, they send over heavy books, in flimsy carboard boxes that when lifted the bottom falls out and damages the books and also if you are not home they leave the box at the front door, only to come home 8 hours later for it to be soaked right throw because it had been raining all day, I spent thousands over the years with them and the amount of books I had to return was crazy due to some form of damage, I dont mind the odd bent corners, but books that have their spine broken or the hardback corners had been dented due to being dropped or books that have been destroyed by being wet and all because they didnt upgrade their boxes to a more suitable standard for shipping heavier books and for allowing delivery men to just dump the stuff at the door if no one was home.

Edited by bumfire

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was looking for comments from readers not just the TOC which lists the sections. I'd be interested in hearing any as well.

Also, still nothing on the US Amazon site :(

http://www.amazon.com/Ka-50-Black-Shark-Attack-Helicopter/dp/0956183603/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244465756&sr=1-1

I am sure there are valid reasons why the manual is not available on Amazon but I sure can't figure them out. I just have the impression that there is a lack of communication here in the marketing chain. I have shopped Amazon for many years and it seems they always offer a pre-order option if they know product is due in (at least for game related items). The BS manual has been listed for many weeks now as out-of-print which indicates to me that they don't have any information about inbound shipments. Is the manual (in the U.S.) being distributed by a third party to the final sales locations? If so, they sure appear to not be doing their job very well.

Jim, are ED using one or more distribution managers to get the manual to final sales points?

'Tis a bit frustrating to see this just sitting with no apparent action. :(

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

I am sure there are valid reasons why the manual is not available on Amazon but I sure can't figure them out. I just have the impression that there is a lack of communication here in the marketing chain. I have shopped Amazon for many years and it seems they always offer a pre-order option if they know product is due in (at least for game related items). The BS manual has been listed for many weeks now as out-of-print which indicates to me that they don't have any information about inbound shipments. Is the manual (in the U.S.) being distributed by a third party to the final sales locations? If so, they sure appear to not be doing their job very well.

Jim, are ED using one or more distribution managers to get the manual to final sales points?

'Tis a bit frustrating to see this just sitting with no apparent action. :(

I agree this is getting beyond frustrating, we just might have to give up on Amazon and order our copies for TFC.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I agree this is getting beyond frustrating, we just might have to give up on Amazon and order our copies for TFC.

...thats how I did it yesterday!

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

Had mine for ages now from TFC. Was pre-ordered from Amazon for ages. Jumped ship when their stock status didnt change even after manuals release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Did also order a copy of this manual, cant wait to get it in my hands !!

Love to read and find answers to some questions..

Nice job making this manual.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel dual core E8500 @ 3,16 Ghz / 4 Gb mem / Asus P5B / Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 Mb / Xp home 32 :pilotfly:

Already learned one nugget that i missed in the PDF;

If i have a TP selected in the PVI and i press 'o' to slave the SHKVAL to the HMS, it jumps to where the TP is on the ground instead of where my head is pointing, because its selected on the PVI! deselect it and bingo!

p.s. Listen to me sounding like i know what i am on about

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

I understand that people have already received the manual...but as near as I can tell, these are all in EU (with maybe the U.K. getting the majority?).

I would like to support TFC directly but I am uncomfortable ordering for shipping from the U.K. to the U.S. I've seen some things shipped internationally that did not quite survive. ;)

Has anyone from the states ordered from TFC and received the manual? What was the packaging and what was the received condition?

I'd prefer Amazon ordering since I have free shipping from them and usually get overnight service with no damage.

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

• ED Team
I understand that people have already received the manual...but as near as I can tell, these are all in EU (with maybe the U.K. getting the majority?).

I would like to support TFC directly but I am uncomfortable ordering for shipping from the U.K. to the U.S. I've seen some things shipped internationally that did not quite survive. ;)

Has anyone from the states ordered from TFC and received the manual? What was the packaging and what was the received condition?

I'd prefer Amazon ordering since I have free shipping from them and usually get overnight service with no damage.

Here is an update. The manual is in the USA at the Take2 Warehouse. Amazon has been contacted and we hope it to be listed within the week as being available for ordering. Shipping from TFC in the UK is now in boxes and not jiffy bags.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Here is an update. The manual is in the USA at the Take2 Warehouse. Amazon has been contacted and we hope it to be listed within the week as being available for ordering. Shipping from TFC in the UK is now in boxes and not jiffy bags.

Good to hear this Jim.

ED has also customers in the middle east,and Amazon is the most convenient way to order for us.

Great news, I guess I'll give Amazon a couple of days and see if they change the status of this product, with any luck I'll be reading the manual in a week or so.:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate the update (and also appreciate that it might be frustrating for you, too--isn't marketing great? :smilewink:).

Hi Blaster, I ordered the manual straight from TFC about a week and a half ago and received it today (I'm in the US ) I haven't opened it yet but the packaging is in excellent shape and shows no signs of being kicked, tortured, crushed, etc :D It was shipped in cardboard packaging rather than the bags the first ones were shipped with.

Darrell

Is this manual totally in English, or is there still Russian labels used in many places. The English pdf manual still has Russian labels (ФОН БЕЛЫЙ – ЧЕРНЫЙ) in many places and I find that useless for the English Cockpit that I see...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I am still waiting on mine, ordered last friday and jim said it should arrive wed/thursday this week since I am in the UK, heres hoping its shipped although I havent had a email saying its shipped, so I dont know if ppl are getting emails saying their manual has shipped or not ?

I never received any ameil regarding shipping, but I din receive the rather more important manual, so no need to worry bumfire

Staffan

• Like 1

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Rgr, I wasnt sure if poeple were getting emails or not, i do recall someone in this thread said he got a shipped email, but it was probably from another company than the one I ordered from, TFC, its no big deal, I know the manual will get here whenever and thats the main thing :)

Cheers for confirming that we dont get shipped emails.

DCS: Black Shark Flight Manual (extended)

The manual is 536 pages, and is steel coil bound. Printed in black and white with color covers.
Hi Guys,

Been looking at getting this from the e shop and have just one small question, it states printed in Black & White but the diagrams etc are in colour Yes ? Timm

99997167.jpg

Edited by Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

I have just recieved mine this morning. theres no colour ink used anywhere.(apart from the covers) ED have done a splendid job of aranging this product at a reasonable price whilst forfeiting colour !!! "at twice the price"...

Its very legible, printed to a high standard. And it becomes apparent there is no need for colour here..

i will provide a negative thought though. The actuall Cover is made from some very Think sturdy cardboard. Whilst this is a very Green approach to things, i think for durability purposes this should be plastic ! for a couple of quid more obviously.!

;) my coffee cup stains arnt going to be cleanable !!!! however i shall go laminate the covers !

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Bud,

Thanks for that. Just checking the bank now. Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne