Tacview 0.94 is available!

Vyrtuoz

Thanks to Arneh great work on EECH, you can now review all your EECH 1.12 flights in Tacview!

• Added full support of EECH 1.12
  • Added Nellis map (Nevada) for future Fighter Ops et DCS releases
  • Added Corsica map for Digital Fighters
  • New option to display the vertical speed in unit/s or unit/min
  • Added support for corrupted flight recordings (after a simulator crash for example)
  • Added new command line option [/save] which can be useful to batch convert flight recordings to compressed binary format
  • Performance and memory load improvements
  • Updated file format and terrain documentation
  • + usual bug fixes and minor improvements

Download: http://tacview.strasoftware.com/ (118 MB)

Enjoy!

Vyrtuoz

Tacview-094-07.jpg

• Like 2
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Any chance of a patch between .93c and this new .94? Seems like a waste of bandwidth to re-download the entire thing.

That said, YAY, new version. I've used this tool to debug all my lousy flying habits.

Grabbed it last night Vyrtuoz and looks great. I have one small problem on my new box Q6600 with 9600GT video card...my screen will black out intermittently when I try to play a tac file in tacview. Its almost like Tacview is exhausting the capabilities of my display. Runs Lockon on high detail @1680 x 1050 vut cant run tacview without black screen. Any ideas?

Killer

display issues and patch

About display issues :

Indeed, Tacview uses a lot of main RAM. But it requires less than 256 MB of VRAM.

Also, Tacview use only very basic OpenGL instructions to display the 3D view (no fancy shaders nor any modern extensions).

It has been verified that 100% of the time, display issues are because of bad drivers or bad video drivers configuration.

So please ensure that:

• You are using the latest official drivers. (certified when possible)
  • You don’t have any heavy optimization enabled: typically like auto over-clocking or catalyst AI.
  • Sometime it may also come from resident programs like ATI tray tool, WindowBlinds or any other tool which may alter the display.

About 0.93 patch :

Sorry, but I want to keep distributions as simple as possible which obviously means: no patch(es).

Ask yourself: Do you prefer to see me working on Tacview 1.0 or on a patch system? :smilewink:

Does this tool work only in the singleplayer or also in mutiplayer?

Yes, it will work with multiplater as well, but the server must have data export/tacview enabled on the server for your local machine to record the flight. In hyperlobby for example some servers have it enabled while others don't.

This .94 version has the ability to open the tacview of your current live flight. This can give people an unfair advantage in multiplayer. 51st Case has created a way to lock tacviews until your flight is complete. Please see this post for more info.

About 0.93 patch :

Sorry, but I want to keep distributions as simple as possible which obviously means: no patch(es).

Ask yourself: Do you prefer to see me working on Tacview 1.0 or on a patch system? :smilewink:

No need to build a patch system, that's over the top, a simple binary diff would save a lot of wasted bandwidth and time.

That's not so simple: Everything takes a lot of time to do, even just releasing a new version usually take me about 2 to 6 days of work of testing, fixing last minute bugs, packaging, writing the release notes, updating web-sites, uploading new packages...

Also, even if it is not visible, the whole package content have changed for true, so a binary diff would have been pretty worthless in that case.

No need to build a patch system, that's over the top, a simple binary diff would save a lot of wasted bandwidth and time.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've just installed 0.94 and it is not recording any files at all. I confirmed that the Config.lua, Export.lua, TacviewExportFlamingCliffs.lua files are in the ...lockon/config/export folder.

I also confirmed that the Record "Flaming Cliffs" and "Black Shark" Flight check marks are present in the drop down menu in Tacview. Both (FC and BS) icons are present in the bottom right hand corner of the Tacview.

I run Vista 64 bit OS.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Tacview works only when I run Flaming Cliffs as administrator. however, when running FC as an Administrator, my TIr/3 and Team Speak do not work. I guess, that is because FC gets the focus and is not letting anything else happening?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Tacview works like a dream! Al that it takes to meake it work with Vista is to run the FC under Administrator option.

Since Tacview export script runs under FC, this is probably a FC Vista UAC issue. This is why I cannot fix it from my side...

However, thanks for your feedback.

Tacview works like a dream! Al that it takes to meake it work with Vista is to run the FC under Administrator option.

IL2 & Right of Flight support

I’ve tried to add ACMI support to IL2 by the past. But unfortunately, its very limited export capabilities (just several cockpit data about the main player aircraft) was not enough to generate a true flight recording. I hope his sequel will offer far better flight data exporting capabilities.

About Rise of Flight, I don’t know yet. I was not able to obtain a demo or something similar which can help me to analyze its possibilities.

However, keep in mind that Tacview acmi file format is fully documented here http://lomac.strasoftware.com/tacview-flight-recordings.php.

And if someone find a way to export data from IL2 or Rise of Flight or any other simulator, I will be me more than happy to offer technical support like I did for EECH.

In the next version could you add IL-2 and possibly Rise of Flight support please?

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Batch acmi files conversion

Sure, you can even write your own in one line of code!

Please have a look at Tacview help menu. You will find all supported command line arguments in it.

You can create a .cmd file with a code like the following in it:

for %%v in (*.acmi) do tacview /quiet /open:%%v /save

I don't remember the exact ms-dos syntax, but you get the idea.

I'd love to have a batch converter that compresses all *.txt.acmi within a given folder, as a bath job.

Can we have this?

• 3 months later...