The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Su or MiG land itself? :)

But anyway, this is poorly framed on my part. I'm comparing old technologies and not being clear about it (but in my defense, people were comparing to old technologies too, talking as if the Ka-50, featuring pretty much standard automation, was some sort of technological wonder).

Then what about F/A-18 automation is better, than Su and MiG?:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 3 weeks later...
Does Su or MiG land itself? :)

But anyway, this is poorly framed on my part. I'm comparing old technologies and not being clear about it (but in my defense, people were comparing to old technologies too, talking as if the Ka-50, featuring pretty much standard automation, was some sort of technological wonder).

I my opinion it was revolutionary, since you need two pilots to handle the workload of a chopper in combat. Ka-50 proved that it can be done by one pilot, two pilots proved to be still more efficient not because technology was not working rather than two brains are more creative than two machines in our age.

I do agree on this two main differences, Mechanics and electronics. Those two combined and you will get amazing results.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Does Su or MiG land itself?

They do. Can F/A-18A/C fly multiwaypoints route?:)

Edited by ФрогФут

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

In my opinion, you don't know the history of automation in helicopters. There were no revolutionary ideas in the Ka-50 ... since it never became any sort of revolution. In fact, it was a flop.

I my opinion it was revolutionary, since you need two pilots to handle the workload of a chopper in combat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

:)

talking as if the Ka-50, featuring pretty much standard automation, was some sort of technological wonder

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts ?

People have been eating bread for thousands of years, peanuts probably longer, and Jam (jelly) for hundreds.

Nothing novel about them.

The peanut butter and jelly sandwich is both novel, and a great invention.

It's not that the individual components of the Ka-50 were novel, it was the way they were brought together and what was created through that process.

Was it a success - ?

My memory (supplemented by Wiki) is it won the competition to be adopted, but wasn't picked up for 'political' reasons...

Regardless, it filled a niche, and it's still doing so.

I'm not sure measuring a device's 'success' by the number produced is necessarily an informative approach.

Will history look back on the F-16 as a more successful aircraft ( a better plane ?) than the F-22 just because more were produced ? Is it better than the SR-71 ? The Bell X-1 ?

So far, it's been in service about as long as the AH-64. Russia has plenty of other attack helicopters, but find a need for the Ka-50. THEY consider it the best tool for specific jobs...

Cheers.

I think for the Farnborough airshow? ("LN" tail on the F-15)

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle