The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

LOL, Why does it get so hot that you need to cool it? And what do you do if you can not cool it enough? I guess i already told you.

Its funny how you try to prove me wrong when cooling is need because it is spinning too fast :)

It gets hot because the intake compression heats up the air dramatically as it slows to subsonic, then further heat is added by the compressor stages, then more heat needs to be added in the combustor to actually add work. That's why the HPT is always the most stressed part and metallurgists and engineers go to great length to produce super-alloys and blades with in-built air-cooling channels that create a protective boundary layer around the HPT blades.

The blades are under immense stress from the spinning and the load imparted by the air giving up work to the turbine but ultimately it could handle the job quite easily at 20degC. You are however kind of right in that a larger compressor will cause less heating at high flow rates just as a larger turbo in a car is more efficient at high boost. More complex ramps will also help but the real break-through technology will be pre-cooling.

Edited by countto10

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something more to it when air gets heated. Air gets heated passing through middle stages of compressor and when it comes to the final stages it is very in effective if you compress heated air only to expand it by heating, this is reduction in compression ration. Not the higher turbine speeds you have more the air will get heated reducing compression ration which is undesirable so what engineers do is increase number of stages of compressor but they cant add more as that increases the engine weight reducing thrust to weight ratio.

So engine design is something that is bounded by the available materials. And what was done on MiG-31 engines is they have good number or turbines combines with larger diameter resulting in huge thrust.

Im not fighting Im just saying that F-22 and T-50 has same design approach. And that this aircrafts are too small to make speeds of MIG-31 or Blackbird. Smaller wheel spins faster than the big one, as faster it spins as bigger load on construction, I don't need internet to understand that.

I don't agree with you that missile will solve all the problems. It seems I was right, because missile don't track as good as they were FC1.

Wasn't the Concorde designed to use small diameter turbojet to reduce drag? Or was it the tu-144? They could have used a turbofan by sacrificing drag efficiency. Let me know if I'm wrong?

I wonder what the manouver that's cut away from at 10:56 is - the plane just starts to build up some rotational speed then the shot stops..

( and why the cut away ? was it courtesy - leave the best bits for the show - or was it 'lets not show anything too flash to this show's audience ? ' )

Cheers.

Need to get revell PAK-FA Model kit :)

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

T-50 turn

EUTR_D9BL1s

1:33 with the words of the chief pilot Sergey Bogdan at the MAKS-2013 show aerobatic capabilities inherent in the T-50, only about 40%, the rest of the stupid crap journalists can not listen :)

qGVzL3VtMiM

Edited by AlexHunter

Открылась бездна звезд полна;

Звездам числа нет, бездне дна. (М. В. Ломоносов)

It took much longer than the flanker to make a 360 turn :S

My PC specs below:

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It took much longer than the flanker to make a 360 turn :S

taking into account the limitations of the show 5g just 16 seconds for a full turn

"Surreptitious advertising" company apple :)

9630683516_419ef331e4_o.jpg

....http://fotografersha.livejournal.com/429658.html?nojs=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=86843&stc=1&d=1377934762.jpg

Edited by AlexHunter

You can see clearly that F-22 just can't reach Mig-31 speed because of engines blades can not spin that fast without self destruct.

What Im saying is that maneuverability is a big factor, if you could only rely on missiles, we would have aircrafts that had same design approach as Blackbirds and Mig-31.

We don't know F-35 top speed nithere, It doesn't make it the fastest aicraft in the world because it can supercruise.

Pilotasso you and GG have since FC1 been saying that missiles should be even more effective and hit target even more than they did in FC1. If we are believing that ED are doing something right with the missiles simulation which points to opposite opinion then yours since FC1.

And trust me there is a lot you and me don't know about how effective jammers are today. They might blink them, or use macros :)

Why is agility on good for dogfighting? The F-22 is agile because it needs to dominate BVR and remain difficult for SAM's to shoot down. Dogfight is probably a [close] second but I doubt it's the main reason.

I also very highly doubt that we'll go back to guns fighting. IR stealth is harder to achieve than radar, and IR seekers and missiles keeping getting better. If anything, we'll probably end up with SBVR (semi-beyond visual range) ET's flying everywhere.

Also, being small doesn't help with going Mach 3. The D-21 and X-43 aren't exactly huge. High speed comes from high combustion temp and high exhaust gas speed. Small dimater jets are actually preferred when going fast.

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

would love to have that translated

My PC specs below: