nscode

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@sobek, well its not like they are using this as approved livery for the series.. just playing with colors ..

to me it looks awesome, very slick, nice, smooth color ..

but in fight, 5gen fight i think the color of this fighters will matter the least .. unless one paints it in bright fluorescent orange i think they are fine..

They painted the J-20 on the PAK FA heh, how ironic. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PAK FA stealth features patent published

Details of the Sukhoi Design Bureau's work on the stealthy aspects of the T-50 PAK FA fighter aircraft emerged in late December 2013, when the company's patents were published.

According to the patent paperwork, taken together, all of the stealthy measures offer significant improvements over legacy fighter designs. The papers claim that the radar cross-section (RCS) of an Su-27 was in the order of 10-15 m 2 , with the intention being to reduce the size of the RCS in the T-50 to an "average figure of 0.1-1 m 2 ".

Entire article at Jane's

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

Interesting read, so the radar cross section is significantly reduced vs. legacy aircraft, yet no where near what Western powers consider full Stealth.

Essentially, going by the report the RCS can be as high as 1 meter squared, with is actually on par with the estimation of a U.S. B-1 bomber RCS.

http://www.thehowlandcompany.com/radar_stealth/Bluefire.htm

RCS_comparison.png

rc016ua.jpg

7f3f4d2ef512.jpg

http://ericpalmer.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/stealth-basics/

LOscaleEP4png.png

Edited by Invader ZIM

LOL, yea, I was just trying to get a few examples that show the B-1 was around the 1 meter squared discussed. As you can see, theres quite a bit of speculation on various RCS's aircraft. The article mentions the estimate of 10 to 15 square meters for the standard Su-27, which falls within that chart above for the Blackjack.

To be honest, I'm not sure how you can measure the RCS differently, it's a mathematical equation that's dependent on aspect to the target, in the examples above, it seems the 1 meter squared for the B-1 is for a top-down return, while the other graphic appears to be a nose-on estimation.

The article mentions the goal of the T-50 team was to get an average RCS reduction within that zone, and if they achieved their goal, then it seems to fall within the B-1B's estimation for RCS.

If you have info on how RCS is calculated differently in Russia, I'd like to read more about that criteria.

Another chart which measures the RCS in X-band, so it's also dependent on the frequency used.

2vkb32a.jpg

Edited by Invader ZIM

Apparently, the B-2 is actually supposed to have a fraction of the F-117s RCS despite being three times as large due to advances in aircraft design technology and materials science.

Also, the designer of Sim Simulator has gone on record saying that the cited values for the F-117 are actually quite optimistic...

...according to Serbian war-time experience. Their SAM operators reported the RCS was at least an order of magnitude smaller than that.

Edited by Agiel7

To be honest, I'm not sure how you can measure the RCS differently, it's a mathematical equation that's dependent on aspect to the target, in the examples above, it seems the 1 meter squared for the B-1 is for a top-down return, while the other graphic appears to be a nose-on estimation.

Yes, mathematics stay the same indeed, but American's and Europeans like to cite the lowest figure; which is of course head on at an optimal frequency. I believe Russians tend to use an average number for the plane instead of frontal.

And yup, RCS wary wildly depending on frequency. It did with F-117 for example, and it was designed with a particular radar in mind. Northrop's design had overall lower average* RCS.

2di0ydg.jpg

*average as in vs frequencies, not vs frame position against radar waves.