How much would you pay for top-class gaming machine?

Hello everyone,

I am just wondering how much would people like to pay for a hi-end gaming computer. My own call is at least $3000, including all peripherals - a complete setup.

Please feel free to contribute! :thumbup:

Edited by Bimbac

Dude i`ll not pay more than 1300 euro for PC. It`s a very bad idea to buy really ultra high end PC as the prices are outrageous and you get little more performance for much more money compared to high end PC. Oh and the price of the components is constantly falling down so you are screwed whenever you buy a PC but you are twice screwed if you pay for the best PC there is. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dude i`ll not pay more than 1300 euro for PC. It`s a very bad idea to buy really ultra high end PC as the prices are outrageous and you get little more performance for much more money compared to high end PC.

Yep agreed, I have made it a rule only to buy what I call "lower high end" components (or upper middle class if you are a "the glass is half empty" guy ;) ) and have fared very well so far for several years. These components normally offer good value for the price, because there is usually a lot of competition in that market segment, and have enough "power" to run state of the art software/games reasonably well for a longer time (say 3 years).

Edited by Acedy

I would pay max 1000 Euro (ony PC). It is enough to enjoy full eye candy and good FPS. I have HD monitor, Freetrack... I only would like to buy joystick to finally begin play on it.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I wouldn't pay more than at max around $1800 usd, all included (monitor etc).

update:

Bought my current rig 2 years ago for the stately sum of $1530 USD (todays exchange rates, so might be a bit off).

CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 XMS2 PC6400 CL5 (2X1GB)

ZALMAN NÄTDEL 600W-HP SILENT

SAMSUNG SPINPOINT 500GB SATA/300 7200RPM 16MB

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6750 2.66GHZ 4MB 1333MHZ S-775

MSI P35 PLATINUM SOCKET 775 P35 ATX

LOGITECH CLASSIC KEYBOARD 200 USB

SAMSUNG DVD±R/RW/RAM DL 20X SATA BULK SVART

ANTEC P180B BLACK MIDITOWER

ALBATRON GEFORCE 8800GTS 640MB HDTV DVI-I HDCP PCI-E

I'm with most other posters about going for the lower high-end of things because I'm certain I'll get a lot more value out of that. I'm usually on a three year replacement plan so this baby will have to do for another year. Most of the time I go for stuff that have some clockability as well, to make it feel great even that last third year. So far this has worked out great for me (done this since 2001) and I'll continue doing this I guess ;)

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

mine 3 years ago [just the box. including the contents] just shy of £1000.

Mobo, HDD, RAM, CPU, GC*, DVD+RW, Case w/PSU,

*Graphics card

this year I upgraded the CPU, Mobo**, RAM and GC

** brought the wrong one so I had to buy the RAM to compensate.

I don't buy a new computer I only upgrade what I have...

so far I have blowen 3 PSU's.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

If I'm buying: $2000 USD, max (This is not including monitor, speakers, mouse, keyboard, etc.). I would go back and re-evaluate the build to keep it under that amount, probably shooting for closer to $1500 USD.

If somone else is...maybe double that? ;) Then again, double that figure and I'm probably putting everything I can think of in it, stuff I probably won't even use or need. Unless you're going crazy with the SLI or crossfire, $2000 goes a pretty long way.

If you can build your own i would say that would be the way to go, in my part of the globe anyhow,

ive spent around 500uk sterling on a full rig including 9800gtx+, core duo CPU

not exactlly high spec, but it does exactly what i want it to do. Things like monitor an flgiht controls can come later when more dough is about:P.

For same kinda rig iam building up too, to buy straight out of the store complete would be almost twice the amount edging up to 1k.

about 6yrs ago i did that, i walked into the shop an asked for the high end pc, with all the bells an whistles set me back just over £1100, dont get me wrong it was a good machine an its still chugging along today( despite the few upgrades GPU etc), but £1100 could get ya alot more if you delve deeper:book:

^^ and most of the stuff like the RAM is unbranded, so you don't know how good it is.

Yeah you always get some of the components that aren't mentioned in the overview specification that are just plain bad and beyond budget choices. I was there once to though! :music_whistling:

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

First of all, big Thanks for everyone here for your replies!

However, I wasn't able to express my intention precisely. So, please, think about it this way:

Would you be willing to put more money into a system which is not just powerful, but also well made and reliable? I mean: tuned-up, managed, and with low logistic footprint - low overall ownership cost.

Specifications do include a professional monitor, HOTAS, 5.1 speakers.

What would you do if someone provides you not just a computer, but a complete system with all the servicing and support?

Please let me know.

Your question is not easy to answer.

It depends on the settings of the contract you make and how good the PC is you get for the bundle. How long is that service and support? Livetime? Yours or your PCs?:smilewink: Home-Pickup-Service 1:1 replacement PC? Update/Upgrade service? Any additional fees?

Anyway, 3000USD is a VERY high price for a gaming PC.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD