You've played too much Black Shark when...

manne

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* When you're controlling a real life USAF or USN fighter jet (on the radar) and give him a little attitude because you're thinking of all the times his virtual self and his virtual buddies hosed you out of the sky.

* When you talk about the KA-50 so much to so many people that your Coast Guard helicopter pilot acquaintance got his whole training squadron into a pro/con discussion about contra-rotating rotors.

* When you fire up a flight in Microsoft Flight Simulator and feel weird that you can't hose St. Maarten's dynamic scenery with 30-mike-mike. "You live to see another day, Mr. Cruise Ship."

* Whenever you go to Best Buy and happen to be in the PC Games section, you automatically move the DCS:BS to the eye-level shelf.

Edited by wickedpenguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- When you start crawling along the floor of your house to avoid exposing yourself to threats.

- When you spot a dust bunny in the corner and think to yourself "better enable engine dust-protection".

- When you think about enabling anti-ice when you're cold, rather than turn up te heat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-10C: putting the 'art' into 'warthog'.

(yes, corny. Sorry.)

- When you kick yourself for not videotaping the real Black Shark in flight when you went to the Farnborough airshow sometime in the mid-90's.

When you go to an arishow and see the display aircraft and think "I could probably get this running..."

I have no doubt that anyone here, if given the opportunity, could power up a real Black Shark without issue. It's all just a checklist.

Flying it would be a different story. I would think the hardest part would be getting used to the increased travel of the actual cyclic/collective and learning the placement of the real controls (trim, autohover, etc.) under your hands. That, and getting past the fact that you may actually die in a spectacular ball of fire if you f*** this up. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

... when you are driving too fast and your wife reminds about it you start to find MASTER WARNING button to shut her down.

• Like 1

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

When you install VAC (voice activated commands) and you get an SMS from your boyfriend/girlfriend in the middle of a long mission, the mic pick up the sound and shuts of your bird and make you crash. You then terminate the relationship at once. This happened to me though I did not terminate the relationship :P

Go Ugly Early

If I can interrupt the flow, funny as it is, I recall clearly when I decided I had to stop playing EVE (and did, forever). I was walking on a bush track near my place with my g/f and spotted a large rock up ahead. Immediately, my mind 'locked on' to the rock [asteroid] and started scanning for its mineral [ore] content. I swear, it was so real I freaked out a little and never played again. Up till then, I had been getting in about 30-40hrs a week for 6 months on top of work. And not much sleep as you can imagine.

P45 Platinum, Q9550 @ 3.33Ghz, HD6970 w/2gb, X-Fi Titanium PCIE, 4gb RAM, ANTEC 1000watt PSU, Lian Li PC-A71 case, Win7 64bit, CH Throttle and Fighterstick, Saitek Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro, 3 x Samsung SyncMaster 2443