Graphics tweak to avoid pop-up -- my best so far

Hi

Thought I would share my hours of testing with you guys to see if it help some of you......

Below are my settings to avoid pop-up but keep good fps and get good quality

put them in yout graphics.cfg (Replace the old ones)

Medium

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 4;

far_clip = 80000;

structures = {60, 6500};

trees = {75000, 7000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {4000, 50000};

mirage = {2000, 20000};

surface = {20000, 80000};

lights = {200, 60000};

lod = 1.;

}

LandDay

{

L01 = 15000;

L12 = 35000;

}

FogParam1 = 16;

FogParam2 = 1.1;

ObjectFogMultiplier = 0.8;

Anyone else got any better ones????

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Nice one. Did you try these with LoMan?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Pop-up is where buildings just apear - they do not fade in or get drawn at a great distance.

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

• 3 weeks later...
Pop-up is where buildings just apear - they do not fade in or get drawn at a great distance.

Which is precisely why I will not be buying FC. Framerates still suck and the developers have ignored several comments/complaints from users about the pop-up problem which first appeared in v1.02.

It astounds me that they (apparently) think this isn't important. For me (and I'm sure many others), having several building simply appear out of nowhere when inbound to city targets blows the suspension of disbelief completely out of the water.

This is a simulation - it is supposed to have a high degree of reality. Buildings don't just appear in real life and they shouldn't here (or at least go back to the v1.00/v1.01 method of fading them in).

I've decided that the real solution to this problem will arrive in June, in the form of Falcon 4.0: Allied Force.

cya ED

:O Ive just realised...... Lockon is really spyware...... noooooo..... :p

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

lol because in falcon4 all the buildings are real, not flat blurred textures that look bad in 2005, but falcon4 is suited for your way back 1998 machine :)

My rig is not exactly "way back" - P4 3GHZ, BFG 6800GT OC, 1 GB RAM - which makes the pop-ups and p00py frame rate all the more maddening.

Yeah, the buildings in F4 may not be pretty, but at least they're there all the time and the new upgrade will improve things.

Like I said, I won't be buying Lockon 1.1.

For me Lockon is a huge improvement in the Flight Sim category. Falcon4 series is falling farther behind and there are too many modifications out to make any sense of it. One version has great graphics, but the multiplayer sucks. Another has the data base messed up it's unrealistic. On and on...

Lockon 1.02 is good and the frame rates are good on my machine. At medium settings I think it is much better than Falcon4 w/ BMS. As long as you can get a steady frame rate that's o.k., it's the lag and pauses that kills you. So, adjust your settings for steady frame rates and not eye candy.

I've decided that the real solution to this problem will arrive in June, in the form of Falcon 4.0: Allied Force.

cya ED

lol! falcon fanboy.....

sheesh! :icon_roll

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Guest ruggbutt

Like I said, I won't be buying Lockon 1.1.

So you're posting here why? Did Bard send you?:D

Simmer down boys - lol

I' tried the 1.01 DxRenderer.dll last night but it crashes :(

So I'm sticking to the settings in the 1st post unless someone can get better settings

I still suffer low FPS over a city thpough (13 to 15 FPS when down very low)

And this is on........

AMD64bit 754pin 3700; ATI X800XT 256Mb; 1GB 3200 DDR Ram; Philips 5.1 sound card

Running all max except water on High and visability as per the 1st post (a tweaked medium) 1280x1024 AAx4 AFx8

Changing any of the settings / AA / AF settings has little or no impact on FPS (only if water is set to very high)

I can also see my CPU is at 100% when playing so guess even at a 64bit 3700 its still the limiting factor - It does lead me to question if the 3D engine is one of the more efficient ones!!!

However it does look nice :) (Much better than Falcon 4 ---- dig dig :) )

---------

Simmer down boys - lol

I can also see my CPU is at 100% when playing so guess even at a 64bit 3700 its still the limiting factor - It does lead me to question if the 3D engine is one of the more efficient ones!!!

I think that's normal, no matter what your CPU is, the "simulation" always tries to achieve the highest possible fps (the smallest possible delta t) so it always uses 100% CPU

okay peeps, just for the record...

I ain't no hateboi (and I haven't a clue who Bard is).

I ain't no Falcon fanboy either. I have bought every version of the Flanker series and always flew them as my first preference sim. I've clocked tons more hours in a Sue than the Falcon.

Yeah, the F4 graphics are not state-of-the-art, but the friggin' pop-ups and crappo frame rates in LOMAC aren't what I would call state-of-the-art either. Whether you are on low approach to a city target or wasting a convoy with cluster bombs or flying a mission with heavy weather, there are many times when flying LOMAC that my shoulders sag and I have to sigh in disappointment of what this version of the series *could* have been.

If the developers had any intention of fixing such obvious problems, I expect they would have done it for 1.1, but that hasn't happened and I'm not holding my breath any longer. There were many posts about these issues on the Ubisoft forum and several here as well. God only knows why the message never seemed to arrive.

I don't care how fancy the graphics are, if the framerate isn't reasonably (i.e. at least 20 fps+ at all times) smooth and I have to continually contend with object pop-ups, there is *NO* sense of immersion for me. I gotta look elsewhere for my combat sim fix.

FA AF may not be it, but that doesn't change the fact that ED isn't getting any money from me for LOMAC 1.1.

p.s. And don't blame it on my hardware, look at Jason's above - he is still contending with sub-20 fps performance using some damn spiffy silicon.

• 5 months later...

I sure hope Igor Tishin reads this!

Bwhahahahaha!!!!

I had completely forgotten about this thread. Been flying F4 AF for weeks now and LOVING it!

No, the terrain isn't as nice as LOMAC/FC, BUT there ain't no pop-ups, my frame rate is great and, MOST importantly I am getting the immersion fix I need to keep me coming back.

Heh - and even better, NO friggin' Starforce to deal with on their CD and they're selling tons of their product (so much for the logic that you must copy protect the hell out of your product to protect sales). :P

I don't get it, ED - you're product has so much potential but you ignore obvious problems with it (see above for my graphics beefs) AND you gotta go mess up your CD version with Starforce.

Igor Tishin says Starforce is necessary for the download version - why does this blight on honest customers have to be imposed on the CD too?

I have bought every ED product since Flanker, until FC. I won't be buying FC and won't by one more byte of code from them until they start listening to their customers.

Buh-bye!

KaBoNG

aka "Falcon Fan Boy" (now, anyway)

sheesh....why did u even bother getting this thread up. Don't turn this place into a flame war. go play whatever u want.....u have ur reasons....and so do we....we support ed and will keep supporting them.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I would agree with you if I *was* flaming, but I'm not.

I am a long time ED customer who is trying to send a message to the developer about what they should do to improve their product so that I will remain a long time customer.

If they want to sell more product (so that they can keep developing their product), then they ought to start listening to their long time customers that have helped them build this product.

I am not the only one here unhappy about the graphics issues and, ugh!, STARFORCE!

well....ed always listen to customers by making us innovations and amazing graphics to go with them. well.. their present engine might not be so *perfect* and they know that. Well...hopefully the next engine for lomac 2 might be the gem...who knows...and about starforce...notice the games in my sig...most of them have starforce...I have no problems...perfectly normal running cd burining apps and so on...I infact support ED to stick with Starforce...its the only way ED get all the sales they can. think about it....ppl will buy an anticipated game even though it has starforce 4 or something 10 times advanced. I agree that the activations method is kind of lame...but hey!! it works....and ed is not the only one using this,...go to directbuy or something....all the games there use this method.