how do you play mp with dcs and fc2?

From a basic point of view, you search for a server running FC2 (don't know if that is possible via ingame browser or HL) and join it, just as you do now.

And as I took it, the only difference is, that when joining with FC2 you will be able to fly the planes in FC2 and see other players fly in their Ka-50s, if you join with your DCS:BS, you will be able to fly the Ka-50 and see other players fly their planes from FC2.

Don't know if that was your question, though.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Well, so the dedicated server would run with FC2.0 and hosts the mission, and people who wants to connected launch FC2.0 OR BS according to what they want to fly.

But, which game should I use to create a mission with planes AND Sharks flyables ?

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

that right there is bs, why would I buy this addon untill you can play with dcs, what a marketing sceme,

The last patch Black Shark got was way before FC2 was even thought of a product, of course it's going to need a patch to incorporate the latest changes. This was known well in advance.

Nate

For now i would suggests using FC2.0

That's because you cant set the skill level of the;

F15

A10

SU27

SU33

SU25

SU25

MIG29

to client in the BS editor.

I guess this will be changed whit the compatibility patch and i guess you can set the KA-50 to client in the FC2.0 editor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

that right there is bs, why would I buy this addon untill you can play with dcs, what a marketing sceme,

Perhaps there is no other good reason for *you* to buy it sooner. Oddly enough, there are a slew of other people who are itching to get their hands on all of the available improvements made, ASAP. Getting DCS:BS compatibility later is basically the 'cherry on top'.

If you did buy it before the DCS:BS compatibility patch is issued, it would give you time to come up to speed on all of the additions/changes in FC2.

It's your wallet and your calendar... operate them as you see fit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

It shouldn't be hard - when you want to fly DCS, use your MP client, find a server in the list - look at the mission it is hosting and decide:

- Do I want to fly together with other Sharks only? Find a server + mission that hosts Choppers only.

- Do I want to fly in mixed environment? Chopper + fixed wing?

Find a server + mission that hosts a combined mission.

- Want to fly Jets only?

Close DCS - start FC2 and find a server that hosts a mission that suits your need. Either one that hosts Jets only, or one that hosts for both DCS and FC.

Obviously you need to own FC2 if you want to fly jets - and DCS for the Blackshark.

You wont be able to fly Jet with DCS or vica versa.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

It shouldn't be hard - when you want to fly DCS, use your MP client, find a server in the list - look at the mission it is hosting and decide:

- Do I want to fly together with other Sharks only? Find a server + mission that hosts Choppers only.

- Want to fly Jets only?

Close DCS - start FC2 and find a server that hosts a mission that suits your need. Either one that hosts Jets only, or one that hosts for both DCS and FC.

Obviously you need to own FC2 if you want to fly jets - and DCS for the Blackshark.

So will V C the same "MP options/missions/players" srceen both in DCS and FC2 ?

If yes:

I think here will come the end of HyperLobby :cry:

BUT V will happy with some chat row at the "MP options/missions/players" screen and a list with names of the online players to find each others <-- VERY VERY Important :thumbup:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

- Want to fly Jets only?

But what about the server side of this? Can I host BS and FC2 missions on my BS dedicated server? I would like to have the missions from FC2 to run on my DCS:BS server! Or do I need to buy 2 copies of FC2 to host Jet and Chopper missions on a dedicated computer? Have anyone thought about this?

®

• ED Team
BUT V will happy with some chat row at the "MP options/missions/players" screen and a list with names of the online players to find each others <-- VERY VERY Important :thumbup:

We are considering this option.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
But what about the server side of this? Can I host BS and FC2 missions on my BS dedicated server? I would like to have the missions from FC2 to run on my DCS:BS server! Or do I need to buy 2 copies of FC2 to host Jet and Chopper missions on a dedicated computer? Have anyone thought about this?

®

Both FC2 and BS (after patch) can host missions for both types of clients.

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

ya i bought the add on just for the fact that it merges my lock on and dcs shark together. Thats the main reason i made the purchase so im anxiously waiting for this compatibility patch as well. I know the devs dont like revealing dates but how about an eta on this....days, weeks?

• ED Team
Do you have a release date to communicate on for this BS patch multiplayer compatibility ?

It enters testing phase in a few days.

We know you're anxious about it. We are too, but please, be patient.

Nobody needs broken DCS.

Edited by c0ff
typo

Originally Posted by HungaroJET viewpost.gif

BUT V will happy with some chat row at the "MP options/missions/players" screen and a list with names of the online players to find each others <-- VERY VERY Important

+1

Fly it like you stole it..