Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

... so you know that ED has some sort of F-16 contract?

I'm almost positive the next aircraft will be the F-16. It simply makes the most sense.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I just read this from the DCS: Warthog manual as the first reason why they chose the A-10C for the second aircraft:

The Fighter Collection / Eagle Dynamics has been developing a high-fidelity Desk Top Simulation (DTS) of the A-10C for the U.S. Air National Guard for the past several years, giving us a tremendous access to A-10C information. We were fortunate enough to work out an agreement with our client to release an entertainment version of this simulation.

It makes sense: if ED are developing simulations for military clients, and if they can agree with them to make entertainment versions of those simulations, it'll allow them to capitalize on work already done (such as 3D models of aircraft, cockpit models, weapons, etc) and to use high-fidelity data.

This also means that ED will likely care 0% about our opinion here :)

By the way, I just read this from the DCS: Warthog manual as the first reason why they chose the A-10C for the second aircraft:

It makes sense: if ED are developing simulations for military clients, and if they can agree with them to make entertainment versions of those simulations, it'll allow them to capitalize on work already done (such as 3D models of aircraft, cockpit models, weapons, etc) and to use high-fidelity data.

This also means that ED will likely care 0% about our opinion here :)

+1

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope you didn't really needed a 186 pages long thread to find out!

:lol:

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

... so you know that ED has some sort of F-16 contract?

When did I say that? I said that it makes the most sense.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

When did I say that? I said that it makes the most sense.

... which means you must have some inside information, because ED isn't going off on what makes sense to you - they take military contracts.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If I was a bett'n man, my money is on a US built multi role fighter.

(probaly the F-16 due to the massive export to various nations that would pay for a sim dev contract)

Plus the multiplayer DCS world needs a SEAD platform and the dual A2A capable AC to coop with the A-10Cs. This will be more crucial if FC2 is not supported with DCS AC any longer.

plan B bet would be the AH-64A

(due to the classified AH-64D, and AH-64A being exported to various nations which could pay for sim dev contracts)

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

LOL!

Which nation would need a F-86 simulator???

Same goes for the AH-64A... Most of them get upgraded to "D"s, aren't they?

Chances for any Block of the F-16 sound more likely.

In the end it will be something weird, I bet. DCS:L-39 or something like that...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

i would pay 100bugs for a DCS-Viper; C /D! ;)

---- Wet Dream!-----

Viper Block60!.. and for this day..if not DCS i don`t know, who could realized thing like impressived F-1652C/60 C/D, or F/A18E/F

:music_whistling:

4 cores CPU / GTX-Card / Track iR + TM Warthog+Combat Rudder Pedal

LOL!

Since when does "what nations need" equate to what kind of video games the general public gets? Why would a nation even use a video game instead of a dedicated, million-dollar training pit?

Since when does "what nations need" equate to what kind of video games the general public gets? Why would a nation even use a video game instead of a dedicated, million-dollar training pit?

The DCS titles simulate aircraft at a level of fidelity that is impractical to acquire without the assistance of the manufacturer and/or a user of the hardware. And since they simulate combat platforms, "a user of the hardware" means a country's military.

The militaries don't use the consumer video game product; they contract ED to produce training software to their specifications, and in return permit ED to release a video game utilising some of the data they were provided to be able to make the training software.

Training pits aren't the only thing needed; DCS A-10C Warthog was made possible by ED getting a contract to provide a desktop training simulator to assist pilots transitioning to the "C" variant.

• Like 2

Because for some tasks, it doesn't have to be the multi-million dollar gadget, in which the "flight hour" costs a fortune also, but a far cheaper tool where many pilots can be trained simultaneously.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

LOL!

Same goes for the AH-64A... Most of them get upgraded to "D"s, aren't they?

In the end it will be something weird, I bet. DCS:L-39 or something like that...

DCS will not be doing an F86 I agree. But, they can do a AH-64D for the military and downgrade a few systems for a Civilian sim version. Do you think the Army is using the same A10 we are? Really doubt they are training on the lightning II pod since I am pretty sure they are not equipped any more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

The issue with modelling more modern aircraft in DCS is not simply that some or their systems are classified, it's what aspect of what system is classified.

For example, with the A-10Cs ECM/RWR, it's not what it does that is classified it's how it does it. For example the fact that the self protection jammer can jam an SA-11 isn't classified, it's the techniques it uses to jam it that is. In order to model the SPJ in DCS, ED don't need to know how it does things, only what it does.

For aircraft such as the Apache Longbow, some aspects of what the longbow system does are classified, not just how it does things. That is the problem. And the same goes for modern fixed wing aircraft such as the Typhoon or Raptor.

That isn't to say that ED will absolutely not be able to produce such an aircraft, anything is possible, especially if ED get a contract to produce software for a military customer of said aircraft. It's just quite unlikely.

But all we can do is speculate and make educated guesses, the only people who will really know what's going on is ED/TFC. And until they decide to tell us, we'll have to keep guessing (probably wrongly).

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The issue with modelling more modern aircraft in DCS is not simply that some or their systems are classified, it's what aspect of what system is classified.

For example, with the A-10Cs ECM/RWR, it's not what it does that is classified it's how it does it. For example the fact that the self protection jammer can jam an SA-11 isn't classified, it's the techniques it uses to jam it that is. In order to model the SPJ in DCS, ED don't need to know how it does things, only what it does.

For aircraft such as the Apache Longbow, some aspects of what the longbow system does are classified, not just how it does things. That is the problem. And the same goes for modern fixed wing aircraft such as the Typhoon or Raptor.

That isn't to say that ED will absolutely not be able to produce such an aircraft, anything is possible, especially if ED get a contract to produce software for a military customer of said aircraft. It's just quite unlikely.

But all we can do is speculate and make educated guesses, the only people who will really know what's going on is ED/TFC. And until they decide to tell us, we'll have to keep guessing (probably wrongly).

Eddie, can you be more specific? What systems can't be modelled accurately in the Apache Longbow? AFAIK, ED didn't model everything in DCS:BS (I don't own the game, so I can be wrong)...

For starters, the radar ;)

I see. Well, who knows? Maybe they will get a contract to make a AH-64D simulator with radar, and then they release a DCS: AH-64D with no radar (which if I understand correctly would be what was originally called AH-64C, but ended up being called AH-64D anyway).

In any case, any version of the Apache is good in my book :)

I see. Well, who knows? Maybe they will get a contract to make a AH-64D simulator with radar, and then they release a DCS: AH-64D with no radar (which if I understand correctly would be what was originally called AH-64C, but ended up being called AH-64D anyway).

Hint: The radar was just an example, there's much more that is integral to the operation of the 64D. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hint: The radar was just an example, there's much more that is integral to the operation of the 64D. ;)

No doubt, and my feelings were also an example. I mean, there's stuff on the Ka-50 and A-10C that is different from real life to the entertainment version, so maybe they can develop an entertainment version of the AH-64D still.

If not, F-16 FTW :)

Edited by HerrKaputt