SU-27 and R-77

Hi all! being fond of Russian aircraft have a question (maybe silly) trivial: why R-77 missiles were not implemented in Su-27? I read that both MIG-29 and Su-27 Russian Aviation are equipped with these fearsome missiles. Sorry for my bad English. Thanks.

Basic Su-27 never recevied R-77s. Indian Su-30MKI use them for sure (probably some others as well) and the new Su-35 (Su-27BM) and Su-34.

Modernized su-27sm is armed with R-77 and is in service in russia airforce.....it is a pity that this is not in the lockon FC2.0 ... but SM version has a completely different cockpit as usual SU-27

R/ER has always been on the Mig.(ER loaded onto the "A" mig may be wrong- don't know)

If you meant to type R77- the S was the only one equipped to fire it. I think the R77 loadout had been incorrectly modeled until now, but other than that..

Along these lines- was there any progress on real TWS engagement capability? I don't have much virtual stick time in the MiG- just curious.

Along these lines- was there any progress on real TWS engagement capability? I don't have much virtual stick time in the MiG- just curious.

Don't know if it is truth but I've heard it could be that the 1st target is attacked b R-77 and the second via ET :D. Technically you have TWS :D

Another what I've heard is that it could lock two targets (maximum) and fire to them only R-77, not SARH.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Well, afaik, the real MiG-29A can carry up to two R-27R's and R-73 or R-60. No ER's or T's or ET's(only the german MiG-29G can use 27T's). However the modernized versions can utilize the newer missile types, including R-77s.

• 3 years later...

So after all..., why isn't the R-77 available for the Su-27's as it normally should? Our Su-27 in the sim isn't an SM variant? Then if it's only the Su-27S which lacks R-77's, then why can't the Su-33 carry an R-77 either?

Now it's not like, if players can use the R-77 from Su-27 or Su-33..., the MIG-29S will become useless, because it would fall behind in comparison to Sukhois, but it would respect the real life loadout of these planes.

Have a nice day!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

The R-77 is not the only advantage the MiG-29S has over Su's. It's acceleration is second to none in this game and could take you out of deep trouble or close in for the kill. Smaller so harder to see, RCS is also an advantage, not sure if it's implemented in FC though.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

It's acceleration shouldn't be so great when subsonic - last I recall, but I may recall poorly - the acceleration curves I saw for the MiG-29 were not exactly something to write home about in the subsonic regime.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I don't know how many times I have to write this ...

Aircraft modeled in game: Su-27S/P, Su-33. Neither have R-77, or any other fancy stuff. They're pretty much 'stock original flankers', though the 33 has some extra doodads that we don't know much about, and likely they have to do with direct datalinks with the Kuz and its AWACS-helis ... possibly a couple extra radar modes. Who knows. But no R-77's. Or Kh-41's .. or 31's, or ... get the idea?

Aircraft people wish were modeled: Su-27SM1/3, Su-33K. Good luck getting useful info on those, though at least the Su-27SM1/3 might be doable at FC level.

So after all..., why isn't the R-77 available for the Su-27's as it normally should? Our Su-27 in the sim isn't an SM variant? Then if it's only the Su-27S which lacks R-77's, then why can't the Su-33 carry an R-77 either?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Aircraft people wish were modeled: Su-27SM1/3, Su-33K. Good luck getting useful info on those, though at least the Su-27SM1/3 might be doable at FC level.

yeah, but i can say everything is possible in DCS especially after F-35 is coming to life in DCSW :)

sign-pic4.jpg

yeah, but i can say everything is possible in DCS especially after F-35 is coming to life in DCSW :)

Su-27S (FC version) needs a significant avionics upgrade to use the RVV-AE (R-77). It's easily noticeable when you compare the S version with the SM version, the latter has 3 main MFD's and comes with a full TWS capability.

DCS: Su-27SM is on the way and so is RVV-AE.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

• 3 weeks later...

So in the end, we only have the S version of the Su-27;)! Sorry i didn't read about it somewhere else eighter. That clarifies everything.

Thanks GG and others for the reply!

Have a good day!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

In coming years the Russians will have in service the RVV-MD active missile which is a development of the R-77 in all its modernised versions of the Mig-29 and SU-3X-XX.

The Russians never used the R-77 but China, India and Malaysia AFAIK got hundreds of units exported out of russia.

The Chinese developed the SD-10 and the Indians are developing the Astra range of active missiles of their own for integration on migs and sues.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team
In coming years the Russians will have in service the RVV-MD active missile which is a development of the R-77 in all its modernised versions of the Mig-29 and SU-3X-XX.

RVV-SD

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

isn't the RVV-SD a development of the R-73?

My PC specs below:

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

isn't the RVV-SD a development of the R-73?

No, the MD is the successor to the 73.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

OK got both mixed up :D

My PC specs below: