...no HUD on Su-25

at the cost of sounding stupid cause I looked into this for a few moments...

where's the HUD on the Su-25?

am I missing something?

*EDIT* nevermind I guess its a very limited hud...for only basic weapon reticles and such...assuming gotta use the old fashion way of using the instruments

Edited by Downey Jr.

Quite so - no fancy spoiled rich-boy gizmos like a HUD on the A-Frog to remove you from the flying experience. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The only time anything appears on the Su-25 hud is a targeting reticle while dive bombing etc, it did unnerve me when I first started flying the su-25, its because I'm from the PlayStation generation, I don't like flying with steam gauges!

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

The only time anything appears on the Su-25 hud is a targeting reticle while dive bombing etc, it did unnerve me when I first started flying the su-25, its because I'm from the PlayStation generation, I don't like flying with steam gauges!

This made me lol. I felt the same way!

• Like 1

lol ...steam gauges... on top of that Im pretty sure the pit is all russian...doublelol

actually I might like this...the simplified way to fly ;)

Quite interesting to fly a multi-jet sim again...get to compare and contrast all the different jets both US and russian...kinda like a more advanced Janes ATF hehe...nice job ED!

Well flying with the steam gauges is a nice thing... Every cadet in our squad goes through instrumental flights, where the HUD and MFD are disabled. We start with clear weather where you can do a VFR flight, looking only for your speed and alt at the steam gauges and then go to very limited visibility, where the only time you look out of your cockpit is just <1 km from the runway, on your final approach. Flying and landing a jet this way and in a bad weather/low visibility is much more satisfying, and helps you develop situational awareness and orientation relying only on your instruments. It also makes you understand, what the jet-pilots of the not so far past were up to...

yes, i agree with Fahhh, flying without HUD and MFD, is earning basement skills for pilots..

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed. I find flying gunsight-only refreshing, and enjoy going on the analog instruments.

You really gotta look at the console to see what you're gonna drop. (and remember what you loaded on which racks)

Vanilla 25s are a blast.

ZF-

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

Yeah I miss the autopilot when I go from flying the su-25T to the older version, the autopilot means I can go and make a cup of tea on a long flight to the action zone! no such luck in the standard Su-25 but it is somehow endearing to fly, probably because it takes alot more skill to get kills in than the Su-25T.

Rasputin mention trimming but the trim in flaming cliffs 2 doesn't seem to do anything for me, I am using a force feedback joystick and I know blackshark handles trimming differently when you are using a force feedback I wondered if there was a difference in flaming cliffs now. I don't seem to have to trim at all when launching heavy missiles like I did in flaming cliffs 1.12.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I find it funny that they didn't think to have something obvious like the current SP # shown anywhere, despite using a significant amount of space on the panel just to show the range to the current SP :)

flying the Su-25 helps you to understand why they've made all these great advances, providing things like HUDs and autopilots in aircraft over the years :) it is fun to learn and fly the Su-25 for the challenge, I'm not ripping on it, its just an adjustment coming from the glass cockpit!

Edited by coder1024

Well flying with the steam gauges is a nice thing... Every cadet in our squad goes through instrumental flights, where the HUD and MFD are disabled. We start with clear weather where you can do a VFR flight, looking only for your speed and alt at the steam gauges and then go to very limited visibility, where the only time you look out of your cockpit is just <1 km from the runway, on your final approach. Flying and landing a jet this way and in a bad weather/low visibility is much more satisfying, and helps you develop situational awareness and orientation relying only on your instruments. It also makes you understand, what the jet-pilots of the not so far past were up to...

When I train guys to fly Cirrus SR-20s or 22s, if they have PFD and MFD's - I fail both of them starting out until they can fly the plane solidly by feel. Everything else is a distraction the first 10 hours and keeps your head down instead of outside.

Who needs a HUD with all these maginificent clockworks in Su-25? I really love to fly that plane and just see all these dials ticking.

I'm behind a computer all day for my work so the last thing I want to see for my hobby is a computer screen. The Hornet with these nice old-fashioned green screens that remind computers from my youth is the most modern I'ld be willing to go. No F-35 cinema for me, so much is clear!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I find it funny that they didn't think to have something obvious like the current SP # shown anywhere, despite using a significant amount of space on the panel just to show the range to the current SP
Steerpoint and airbase selection is displayed on the RSBN panel on the right side. It's now animated in FC2, so you can actually see your selection. However, only 3 steerpoints can be indicated and this becomes a problem if your actual route in the game has more.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I find it funny that they didn't think to have something obvious like the current SP # shown anywhere, despite using a significant amount of space on the panel just to show the range to the current SP :)

Current steerpoint # is shown on the nav panel at the bottom right of the cockpit. Look it up in the Su-25 avionics section of the flight manual.

Edit: Beaten yet again!

Steerpoint and airbase selection is displayed on the RSBN panel on the right side. It's now animated in FC2, so you can actually see your selection. However, only 3 steerpoints can be indicated and this becomes a problem if your actual route in the game has more.

Real men only uses two points: Start of Attack Run, and Attack Point. So the SU-25 giving three points is overkill and that third point is only for wussies :pilotfly:

And really I look over the shoulders to those that use an Initial Point :D

Edited by Martillo1

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

d'oh! ok, I was going based off the nav video tutorial and they didn't mention it :) I guess I do need to go read that section of the manual.

been flying the Su-25 more and man that whole "flying tank" thing is understandable. its a beast! fun to take it on as a challenge :)

and trying to turn the thing around like a fighter... not good!

Thanks for the link EvilBivol, that's great, I never spotted that change and like a few others around like to fly the vanilla frog for the lack of sophistication in the cockpit. Not that rockets have been re-worked and guns are effected by wind it should be even more fun!

One thing, you used to be able to fire 2 gun pods and the internet gun together and the switches for this seem to have been changed - is this still possible?